House Price Crash Forum

World's Most Notorious Hacker Turned Fbi Informer

Game_Over

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/06/lulzsec-sabu-working-for-us-fbi?newsfeed=true

People who think that the internet is going to bring the downfall of the state are sadly mistaken

Western governments have access to the brains and technology to track down anyone they wish

given sufficient reason to do so

The internet is being used as a weapon to destabilise and bring down the governments of countries opposed to Western interests

but that is another story altogether

:blink:

Western governments have access to the brains and technology to track down anyone they wish

The internet is being used as a weapon to destabilise and bring down the governments of countries opposed to Western interests

No so sure about that. I think I read the FBI have kicked down something like ten doors, to find Annonymous, and along with the DOD, have still not managed to find them.

The internet is the greatest single tool for democracy ever invented, and as such is anathema to any state, and anyone who supports a state is fighting against democracy.

The USA is holding a gun against hs head.

This hacker didnt have an ideology. Not hacking for noble or political causes. just hacking to show off. Like a child wanting attention. This one hacked the X factor. Plank.

It was revealed that he had been charged with 12 criminal counts of conspiracy to engage in computer hacking and other crimes last summer, crimes which carry a maximum sentence of 124 years and six months in prison.

124 years for that? Murder someone and you get about 8 years over here. Unless you dress up in a uniform, in which case its a promotion.

Its an Insane world.

Same s......t different day he`s just getting paid to do it now

Been happening for donkey's years (well in IT donkey years) Kevin Mitnick had the same thing in the late 90's, if you read his books he relates how he was banned from using a mobile phone or anything digital because the prosecuting lawyers had just seen the film "Wargames" and claimed he could set of a nuclear attack using a phone, which the judge went with, I believe he too was threatened with outrageous jail terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

Seeing NASA has just had a major security breach with hackers gaining full control of systems at JPL involving IP addresses originating in China, I would have thought they should be more concerned about that particular problem, and maybe getting this guy to help them with at least assisting with testing security.

Seems like the 124 year thing was used to scare the living daylights out of him to get him to turn informer

Hopefully he will end up with a 1 year term and then employment in the security arena like Mitnick, he doesn't deserve a jail term you'd give to a real life Hannibal Lecter!

The internet is the greatest single tool for democracy ever invented, and as such is anathema to any state, and anyone who supports a state is fighting against democracy.

Democracy is overrated anyway. Its nothing more than national scale mob rule. Just because a majority are OK with taxation, it doesnt stop the fact that taxation is still theft.

Ive been reading some interesting libertarian views recently that makes a good case to abolish democracy, and have nothing more than a simple constitution and a few nuclear weapons to ensure MAD for any foreign aggressors.

No so sure about that. I think I read the FBI have kicked down something like ten doors, to find Annonymous, and along with the DOD, have still not managed to find them.

The USA is holding a gun against hs head.

This hacker didnt have an ideology. Not hacking for noble or political causes. just hacking to show off. Like a child wanting attention. This one hacked the X factor. Plank.

124 years for that? Murder someone and you get about 8 years over here. Unless you dress up in a uniform, in which case its a promotion.

Its an Insane world.

You can't have democracy and not have a state

And technology has made it more and more difficult for people to be anonymous

In a few years time intelligent computer programmes will be able to analysis every single communication we make

Democracy is overrated anyway. Its nothing more than national scale mob rule. Just because a majority are OK with taxation, it doesnt stop the fact that taxation is still theft.

Ive been reading some interesting libertarian views recently that makes a good case to abolish democracy, and have nothing more than a simple constitution and a few nuclear weapons to ensure MAD for any foreign aggressors.

Excellent idea! I have only heard of one system that might be better and it was uttered by Edcar Cayse

I like the idea of a pacifist state maintained by the treat of nuclear Armageddon

Although I suspect there is some sort of philosophical contradiction involved in this concept

Archived