House Price Crash Forum

No Budget Giveaways Or Handouts, Says Osborne

HOLA441

Other than continuing to hand out free mortgage repayment money for the feckless and dishonest mortgagors to prop up the property ponzi, Osborne reiterates enough's enough

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/03/06/uk-britain-osborne-idUKTRE8250WI20120306

"The days of unfunded giveaways are over - they're not coming back in this budget. Everything has to be paid for."

"This" :D

HOLA442

Ah so it's only going to be funded giveaways. Thank goodness.

Somehow I think he was taking the journos (at the manufacturers speech) for fools - or at least to be willingly complicit in reporting garbage speak.

Edited by billybong

HOLA443

"I can tell you: we are not going to put that credibility and stability and low interest rates at risk," he will say.

"The days of unfunded giveaways are over - they're not coming back in this budget. Everything has to be paid for."

"I can tell you that there's plenty of QE/money printing to pay for stuff and if you think we aren't going to giveaway plenty of money to the banks and MPs etc then you're very much mistaken".

Edited by billybong

HOLA444
HOLA445

Ah so it's only going to be funded giveaways. Thank goodness.

Yes good point

The obvious worry is they'll be "funded" all right by robbing the savers and taxpayers in new and more ingenius ways, and introducing other funded or unfunded measures in subsequent budgets or mini-budgets

(I think this would be the case whatever colour was in power, I think all the governments are the same once in office btw, the lot of them make me sick)