House Price Crash Forum
Randall Herbert

Expat Forum, The Key To It All

In light of the incessant Spin cycle dominating the headlines, if you are in any doubt as to the real direction houseprices are heading on the ground.....take a trip over to the Expats forum and check out a few real tales of woe........

Prices heading up?

I don't think so

Prices leveling off?

Don't make me laugh......

:o

Edited by Randall Herbert

We're seeing this stuff on the telly all the time now - i don't know if it's a lot more than usual - it must be. I'm thinking they wouldn't even be mentioning it if there wasn't a problem. Who do you think they're trying to convince that everythings ok - us or themselves?

do you have a link to a particular thread?

anyway, whilst browsing, came across this post from MJC, worth a bash

"1- Go to www.google.com

2- Type in "Failure", without the quotes

3- Instead of hitting "Search" hit "I'm feeling Lucky"

4- Look at it and see at what comes up!

do you have a link to a particular thread?

anyway, whilst browsing, came across this post from MJC, worth a bash

"1- Go to www.google.com

2- Type in "Failure", without the quotes

3- Instead of hitting "Search" hit "I'm feeling Lucky"

4- Look at it and see at what comes up!

hmmm

The arrogant cocaine using alcoholic incompetent buffoon himself!

whyhelpnever.jpg

post-14-1129666710_thumb.jpg

I particularly liked this part of his CV:

"Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush has worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans. "

Owners of debt which can never be repaid, no future, no prosperity and an opportunity for the American public to kick his no good ass out of the Whitehouse.....for all ours sakes.

Er what about the gargantuan deficit, the meltdown of US industry and carmakers? etc etc etc?

A natural leader if ever there was one........

Playing devil's advocate here... ;)

Imagine if you were one of the poor sods on Expats trying to sell your house. :o

You listen to the spin and believe it. Your EA tells you that there is no problem with the price of your house and you believe (because you want to...) But still no sale. Deadlines for visa validation approaches and the panic sets in....

More spin on the telly and in the newspapers. But still your house doesn't sell.

Wouldn't you be getting very angry by now?

Don't you think the spin will turn out to be poison chalice for the government?

Imagine if you were one of the poor sods on Expats trying to sell your house. :o

You listen to the spin and believe it. Your EA tells you that there is no problem with the price of your house and you believe (because you want to...) But still no sale. Deadlines for visa validation approaches and the panic sets in....

More spin on the telly and in the newspapers. But still your house doesn't sell.

of course, the truth tends to out in the end. No amount of spin or propping up can withstand the mighty pressures of the free market economy that these lot (govt) are so proud to trumpet. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

of course, the truth tends to out in the end. No amount of spin or propping up can withstand the mighty pressures of the free market economy that these lot (govt) are so proud to trumpet. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

A concerted effort by bloggers got Bush to that position - the word only needs to appear in enough links to the site for it to come out on top.

Don't feel sorry for them. Have you read some of these threads? Would you plan the rest of your life on the other side of the world based on what an EA told you house was worth? Wouldn't you do a little more research first to make sure your sums add up?

These people are taking their kids to the other side of the world away from everything they know and most of them don't even know what schools are in the area, have no short term housing sorted out and no jobs.

The lack of planning some of these peolple have put into what will probably be the biggest decision of their lives is shocking.. maybe reckless?

I am all for initiative and wanting a better life for your family and kids. Hey..I hope it all works out OK for them but for for f**ks sake...if one of your pressing concerns when moving abroad is where you can buy marmite/teabags, or whatever, then someone needs a reality check.

I don't feel sorry for some of them. I have read quite a few of the threads on that forum and the selfishness and ignorance of some of the posters over there is astounding!!!

My main point is that I don't understand how spin can keep working..... But it does (for the time being...)

I don't feel sorry for some of them. I have read quite a few of the threads on that forum and the selfishness and ignorance of some of the posters over there is astounding!!!

My main point is that I don't understand how spin can keep working..... But it does (for the time being...)

Wasn't having a go at you - I was just having a rant. The spin keeps working because they want it to be true...they only hear what they want to. They are pinning their dreams on this, that is why they don't want to hear anything else. The words 'head' and 'sand' spring to mind

Edited by 2005

The word 'desperation' springs to my mind. These people are so fed up with this place they are prepared to uproot, move half way across the world, leave friends and family behind etc etc.

By anyone's standards it is a big upheaval - yet 350,000 a year are, apparently, doing it.

Personally, I am beginning to believe it is a new planet you need to go to - one without humans preferably.

Don't feel sorry for them. Have you read some of these threads? Would you plan the rest of your life on the other side of the world based on what an EA told you house was worth? Wouldn't you do a little more research first to make sure your sums add up?

These people are taking their kids to the other side of the world away from everything they know and most of them don't even know what schools are in the area, have no short term housing sorted out and no jobs.

The lack of planning some of these people have put into what will probably be the biggest decision of their lives is shocking.. maybe reckless?

I am all for initiative and wanting a better life for your family and kids. Hey..I hope it all works out OK for them but for for f**ks sake...if one of your pressing concerns when moving abroad is where you can buy marmite/teabags, or whatever, then someone needs a reality check.

How about if you do do the research, and then find when you get to the destination that the advice you have in writing from the employer that recruited you is repudiated, and you have to take about 2 steps down the ladder with no promotion opportunities.

This is what happened to my father in 1967, when he was advised to leave the UK for health reasons. He and mum were determined to stick it out for a year or so, and when dad got another job in another Australian city they decided to stay. We kids were never told how close they came to returning to the UK, but I know they used to argue a lot at that time.

I was 11 then, and had no idea of the undercurrents; just amazed and delighted to be suddenly living where it wasn't drizzling all the time and you could spend half the summer at the local (olympic size outdoor)swimming pool. Melbourne weather is a standing joke for the rest of Australia, but we thought it was wonderful. I think the way my brothers and I reacted to the Australian climate may have tipped the balance for my parents.

And you would be surprised how much you miss the little things when you can't get them. I'm probably not the only Aussie that has a jar of Vegemite in the suitcase when I go overseas. Marmite's 'orrible stuff :lol: