House Price Crash Forum
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Labour On Target To Win Historic 4th General Election

With the shock defeat of Ken Clarke and house prices again rising is it time to conceed that another election will be won by NuLabour? After all Ken was the big hitter, the rest are just wallys.

Guest The Dude

With the shock defeat of Ken Clarke and house prices again rising is it time to conceed that another election will be won by NuLabour? After all Ken was the big hitter, the rest are just wallys.

Agreed on that. I voted Liberal for the first time the last election....and will probably do so again. I was kind of hoping that the Tories could actually have a semblance of a Party by the time the next election comes but somehow I don't think they will with any of these contender wallies......Cameron?.....He's another dumbed down William Hague. I actually can't stand David cameron NOW. He may as well be David Beckham..(actually, I think the Tories would win under David Beckham.....George Weah's not doing too bad)

I too felt that Ken Clarke was their only hope. The others have too much blandness spread between them, as well as one having some allegations against him which'll pop up.

Mind you maybe they don't want to get in - its going to be cr*p and they'll only get the blame,...

Guest Bart of Darkness

A lot depends on the state of the economy in 2009 (probable year of next election).

If things go very badly, the Conservatives may win despite themselves.

Yes--Ken Clark was the only viable leader but lacked the X factor to be PM.

Labour will lose if they call an election in the midst of, or after the HPC. There will be huge numbers of voters annoyed at how they got sucked into Gordon's economic mire--err miracle which turned out to be nothing more than a bubble filled with record debt. I doubt if Gordon will ever take up residence in No. 10 as Tony needs a scapegoat to explain why the economic miracle has suddenly taken on the shape of a pear.

The Tories will have to wait until a leader emerges--none of the present contenders have the necessary appeal. The Liberals are too "Purple Shirt" to be electable. Tony will just have to take Labour through the next election and then just simply fade away.

Liam Fox is the only man who could coax me back to the Tories after twenty years. Every time I see the guy interviewed he has something sensible to say. The other two left in the race are drawn from the usual Tory wideboys or toffy nosed tossers. With Fox I sense he might actually be in politics for the right reasons...he wants to change things.

Liam fox is a pratt , he's got the gusto of a damp fart imho.

David Cameron is the only way I think they can go .

As for David Davis sounds good on the telly 1 on 1 , but as an orator ( which will be needed in the commons ) he's hasnt got a cat in hells chance.

For me the best result would have been Clarke then oust him once they got in and replace him with Cameron.

Ho Hum.

D

agree - the great british public will vote for someone who looks good, not necessarily the best politician - fortunately the tories have a secret weapon, a f** (sorry, can't call people fat), scottish (my parents are scottish but they have their own parliament and their own laws so why do they get to vote on who runs the country i live in?) and incompetent (can't argue) **** (choose your own)

I reckon Ken Clarke will be dead by the next election.

There will also be a lot of Dead Iranians by then as the majority of the idiot British public continue to support the New Labour murderers.

There will also be a lot of broken families and marriages...... broken by the strain of trying to deal with their debts and the crushing depression caused by negative equity.

Welcome to the future.

Liam fox is a pratt , he's got the gusto of a damp fart imho.

David Cameron is the only way I think they can go .

As for David Davis sounds good on the telly 1 on 1 , but as an orator ( which will be needed in the commons ) he's hasnt got a cat in hells chance.

For me the best result would have been Clarke then oust him once they got in and replace him with Cameron.

Ho Hum.

D

Good work Dames - I'm gunning for the young David Cameron - not some old frat with a string of BTLs who represents the old/selfish generation.

Ken Clarke? Ha! Great fat idiot - can you really imagine him representing us in a conference etc.?

And the midget Jock? No - that would mean EVERY contender for PM would be a Haggis-walloper.

No - good old (young) ENGLISH (yes I know that's a dirty word) David C is the one for me.

If not him I'm not voting for the Conservs. And that's that.

Guest growl

As a Tory and a member I shall be voting Cameron. :D

Edit:Thats if I get a chance.

Edited by growl

A lot depends on the state of the economy in 2009 (probable year of next election).

If things go very badly, the Conservatives may win despite themselves.

Totally agree!

Look at the sh1te campaign the Tories pulled out of their worn hat this time: Howard shaking hands with grannies in Cornwall and sounding like a blathering muppet at most instances, and one policy only: Immigration (which no-one except our very own Brainclamp gives a crap about).

AND... They still took 50 seats from Labour.

Who says the Tories need to be good to win?

Yes--Ken Clark was the only viable leader but lacked the X factor to be PM.

Labour will lose if they call an election in the midst of, or after the HPC. There will be huge numbers of voters annoyed at how they got sucked into Gordon's economic mire--err miracle which turned out to be nothing more than a bubble filled with record debt. I doubt if Gordon will ever take up residence in No. 10 as Tony needs a scapegoat to explain why the economic miracle has suddenly taken on the shape of a pear.

The Tories will have to wait until a leader emerges--none of the present contenders have the necessary appeal. The Liberals are too "Purple Shirt" to be electable. Tony will just have to take Labour through the next election and then just simply fade away.

I liked Ken Clark . probably because I am a bit of a liberal-anarchist.

I knew he had no chance., hes too 1970s . too old tory. one nation,

he wears brown shoes. he smokes . he drinks .

no chance.

he isnt a fanatical zealot like Blair (and Thatcher) and most of the rest of the Labour Party.

you have to be a communist or a fascist to stand a chance of getting elected.

thats the way it is.

i also think BROWN will never see number 10.

and thats why i put 10 pounds on at 20-1 on John Reid to be the next leader of the Labour Party.

he is a communist which means he is perfect.

so all you dithering tories please do the sensible thing and vote for a Liberal party. the only liberal party in the mainstream.

vote lib dem.

vote liberal and kick the zealots from the labour party and the tory party in the nuts.

Guest growl

Good work also to you Growl.

Doctor Fox. DOCTOR FOX!! - Isn't that also the name of a portly disc-jockey with the radio stations?

Yes, but as well as being a tory voter when it comes to general and local elections. Are you a member of the party. If not then put your money where your mouth is, and join up so that you too can exercise some real democracy in the Conservatives.

If you are a member then good luck to you. :)

Edited by growl

agree - the great british public will vote for someone who looks good, not necessarily the best politician - fortunately the tories have a secret weapon, a f** (sorry, can't call people fat), scottish (my parents are scottish but they have their own parliament and their own laws so why do they get to vote on who runs the country i live in?) and incompetent (can't argue) **** (choose your own)

Your parents may be Scottish but you're a Little Englander.

NDL

Who would want the Tories anyway, they are useless. Maggie, Major....all a waste of space. They represent Britain a 100 years ago not today.

I'm not a fan of labour either, but between them I would choose labour, at least they have some policies that represent it's population.

For example take Hunting with dogs, no matter what side of the fence you sit on no one can argue that the majority of British people wanted it banned. Yet the tories would have protected the minority view and kept the sport. MP's work for us and in a democratic country they should do what the majority asks them to do.

We would be better off getting rid of political parties completely and voting for independent people that are liked and represent our communities.

For example take Hunting with dogs, no matter what side of the fence you sit on no one can argue that the majority of British people wanted it banned. Yet the tories would have protected the minority view and kept the sport.

I don't recall there ever being a referendum on the matter.

There will also be a lot of Dead Iranians by then as the majority of the idiot British public continue to support the New Labour murderers.

i agree but i think 60-70 % of the population wouldnt care less if we killed every last Iranian if it meant they got half price gas and oil.

I really believe that to be true.,

honestly,.

why dont you join the lib-dems ?

Guest pioneer31

Apart from the minimum wage (which is a bit of a con because they just employ less people or make the existing ones do more work), can anyone name me some Labour policies which have benefitted middle england? or can you name some things which are better now in 2005 that they were in 1997?

Edited by pioneer31

Bummed about Clarke not getting through. IMO, the only real chance of ensuring Brown doesn't get the top job.

Fingers crossed, the Tory party will get an absolute beasting in the next election because they're rubbish, plain and simple.

:angry:

I still think that the price of houses are still going to crash. No government has been able to halt a crash before and the Tony Fraternity has not exactly portrayed any focus and ability in "getting the job done." We'll see more and more desperate attempts to prop things up, people chasing the market (and the economy) down....

All this government can do is spin. They are grand masters at that. Noticed on the news that we are apparently the most prepared country for Bird Flu - WTF??? Spin spin spin....

So with the country without doubt going down the toilet - who's up for emigrating? Canada? Oz? Germany (the only European country which has invested in its industry.... IMHO)

Hmmmm! Time for the scotch!

:lol: