House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spring Bounce?????

The Turning Point

The whole of this year we have been told that everything is ok and prices are continuing to rise.

However today we have the "we have reached the turning point and prices will rocket again". I must be dumb but according to their figures prices have never dropped so how can we have a turning point?

There again we have been told of loads of turning points all year.

Edited by Spring Bounce?????

The whole of this year we have been told that everything is ok and prices are continuing to rise.

However today we have the "we have reached the turning point and prices will rocket again". I must be dumb but according to their figures prices have never dropped so how can we have a turning point?

There again we have been told of loads of turning points all year.

As turning points go ive noticed peoples attitudes have been changing in the last two months (family and friends etc)......maybe not bull to bear but i can now actually mention words like HPC, recession etc and people dont look at me like im some crazy weirdo. People, i think, still dont believe prices will crash or even fall too much (im not that sure either but if i had to way up the evidence i think theres a greater chance of falls....obvious to you and me!!)....anyway.....my point is times they are a changing. it is worrying that a full blown recession could arrive tho.....i think it could be worse than last time with all that seems to be going on. I dont trust stats...never have....just gotta look around and it seems things are changing. I'm just getting impatient tho, cos i wanna buy a place but not at the top of the market and it looks like i'll have a long wait!!.....rant over!! ;)

As turning points go ive noticed peoples attitudes have been changing in the last two months (family and friends etc)......maybe not bull to bear but i can now actually mention words like HPC, recession etc and people dont look at me like im some crazy weirdo.

Same here. At work I was laughed at a few months back by saying inflation was going to rise sharply

and that we could be heading for a recession. Now I mention it and the people who mocked me do not

anymore!

I have seen the same..

The economy is hitting the papers.. and older and wiser people who have seen recessions before are taking notice..

Its something I said many months ago would happen to a few I chat with over cigarettes and lunch breaks..

and now theay are interested and asking..

I got sneered at for mentioning it infront of someone who was mortgaged to the hilt..

"House prices will never drop"

and I remember the same guy laughing that I would never own a home..

Bless him..

I have many friends on good salaries that don't believe in a drop.. but can't afford a home.. (they look at repayments.. can they afford it at 6%.. they are not that nieve..)

its a cross section..

I am tired and making no sense..

Guest Charlie The Tramp

The economy is hitting the papers.. and older and wiser people who have seen recessions before are taking notice..

Many older and wiser people on this site were taking notice circa November 2004.

I am neither bull or bear but a realist who looks at things without any VI.

Always clearer that way.

<_<

I have seen the same..

Its something I said many months ago would happen to a few I chat with over cigarettes and lunch breaks..

and now theay are interested and asking..

I got sneered at for mentioning it infront of someone who was mortgaged to the hilt..

"House prices will never drop"

and I remember the same guy laughing that I would never own a home..

Bless him..

I have many friends on good salaries that don't believe in a drop.. but can't afford a home.. (they look at repayments.. can they afford it at 6%.. they are not that nieve..)

its a cross section..

I am tired and making no sense..

Sort of c*cked up how to do this, still new and learning.forgive me?

But what I was trying to say in response to your comment was......

I know exactly what you mean, one day I'm being heckled from the roof tops for even suggesting there might be an anomoly in the way the way the whole economy is reported.

But now, apparently, I'm top dog on the way the economy in this country is being run, I mean what do I know, I just read up on various sources that I'm interested in (various sites) i.e. house prices, I just take notice because I'm interested on how this will all pan out!

But I still take the same stance that is my view, educated or not, and will not advise anyone, just let it roll on and see where we are when I'm ready to buy,hopefully a year or so from now.

Edited by brochie

im not so sure about a turnaround in the housing market.

there has not been a turnaround in affordability. so no more sales.

i think the only sales are people who are moving from one to the other. not many new ftbs. wont be many for a good while. it makes me laugh. all i have heard all day is prices are going to rise. prices are going to rise.

i dont think so.

Guest consa

If sheeple were so sure prices were about to rocket, why weren't all available houses sold yesterday, what is everyone waiting for?

I have also noticed the "turning point" thing, I was reading something where the RICS or rightmove said that this was the first rise in 18 months, the mind boggles, have all their other reports been flat or negative and why wasn't that reported.

Someone's telling porkies methinks

Edited by consa