House Price Crash Forum

Sheds With Beds

Chuffy Chuffnell

HOLA441
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

:lol: Please excuse me for falling about laughing, this has nothing to do with you personally, I actually live, work and was born in the old Canadian Red Cross Hospital, two miles from where i currently live, i could honestly show you letter upon letter I have written to Slough Borough Council on many issues over the years, also to the Councillors on your link.

It's a fruitless exercise, i did once get 26 local people all to sign a letter i had written about a derelict garage compound that was infested with rats and a haven for anti social behaviour and drug dealing :D however, this is a one off success.

Slough Council is rotten to the core, as is the local media, who are so far up the Councils a$$ as they want the lucrative advertising contract from the Council, I have had many a comment on the local media web site censored and have now actually been banned from posting, why? because i critisized local Councils policies.

There is NO community or cohesion in Slough, it is a very very sad state of affairs, I have seen a fair ( but never salubrious) industrial town turn into one where, if and where i walk down the High Street i would fear for my safety, even in broad daylight, it's not as if i'm a small bloke either.

Every week, someone is beaten to a pulp, just last week outside the library a guy was beaten to within an inch of his life, he's currently in John Radcliff Hospital, they don't think he'll pull through.

In the 70's i went to a local school where there were 5 indian kids, now go to any school in the town and it'll be 99% Asian, the white flight that has taken place over the last 40 years is astounding, in the last 10 years Slough was tagged 'Little Poland' add that to the mix with over 50 different languages spoken in the town, in fact i believe in one particular school class 22 different languages were spoken.

The place is on it's knees, yet they try and improve the place by knocking down virtually every bit of heritage the town had and build what they are calling 'The Heart of Slough' well the heart of any town is it's people and Slough is in cardiac arrest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7308288/We-cant-take-any-more-people.html

McTaggert, how surprising. The rot continues above council level. The perfect illustration of the consequences of the left's unwillingness to tackle anything.

HOLA443

The place is on it's knees, yet they try and improve the place by knocking down virtually every bit of heritage the town had and build what they are calling 'The Heart of Slough' well the heart of any town is it's people and Slough is in cardiac arrest.

I lived in Slough for a while near the stations, and have mixed memories of the town (Sluffs). It was quite multi-cultural then, but OK.

The 'sheds with beds' thing is the tip of the iceberg as regards problems that are festering.

HOLA444

Surely its pretty easy to police. The water is usually on a meter as well as gas and electric. All the authorities need to do is compare the usage to a few years back to see whether it's skyrocketed. If so serve them a notice that they will have their supplies shut off unless an inspection is carried out. I'd want to know what the extension is there for and whether its being used for business purposes.

HOLA445

All I can say is that wouldn't it be a surprise if one of the big 4 grocery outlets in the U.K were employing eastern European immigrants on £6.50 an hour who are living in slums and who's accommodation was arranged with the agency that are employed by them to hire such workers at a cost of £250 a room per month.

That would be a surprise, wouldn't it?

HOLA446

the question you have to ask is why they want to live in london in a shed - and why is nobody abe to build anything else for them to live in?

If it was allowed to add a couple of storeys to a terrace of houses/flats for example - then we might not have this problem.

Planning law that restricts house building is what is creating these shanty towns, more planning law and restrictive legislation won't solve the issue - it will just get pushed further underground.

HOLA447

It is easy to police the google map is a good start with as you say the utilities which the council could get direct from the supplier (assuming no data protection or human rights infringement :lol: ), but the councillors do not have the will or the desire to upset their mates or reduce any potential income for themselves.

There are probably restriction about running a business from these houses and in any case they are clearly used for housing humans rather than being massive aviaries.

Many local councils have had this kind of technology (Satellite mapping) for a while now, most of them have a GIS section now, for use with calculating rateable values, planning etc.

HOLA448

Many local councils have had this kind of technology (Satellite mapping) for a while now, most of them have a GIS section now, for use with calculating rateable values, planning etc.

Going out on a limb here I know. Maybe the council realise that the planning regulations are morally wrong, and therefore don't enforce them because of the hardship it would cause.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Going out on a limb here I know. Maybe the council realise that the planning regulations are morally wrong, and therefore don't enforce them because of the hardship it would cause.

I don't think so in most parts of the country councils would come down on this like a ton of bricks (look at the recent "traveler" camp evictions), it's more fear of possible rioting, and the certainty of the hand wringing section of the media and political activist groups descending en masse, leading to people losing nice cushy jobs in the council along with pensions and having to attend public and parliamentary enquires for the next 30 years producing enough paperwork and reports to fill a dozen transit vans, not to mention having to pay massive compensation to both the illegal immigrants and their landlords for the "mental anguish" caused <_<

At the very least the council would end up having to find accommodation for everyone displaced, the border Agency seem incapable of deporting people who want to go let alone those who don't

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Move Ungeared, it sounds like hell.

I am within six month to Wiltshire, in all honesty I told myself this was my town why should i have to move, i know it's a dump but like others have said, go back 20 years and it used to be a laugh, we'd go to Sluffs, a local club, know locally as Cruffs, Ruffs or Scruffs, but there was no real trouble and you could have a drink and a cheap night out, in fact as a teenager i'd walk my girlfriend home through the High Street then walk back to my bedsit in Upton Park, never once did i feel threatened.

When the Asian community first arrived and had children i can honestly say that was when the first signs of trouble began, you couldn't walk through Salt Hill Park or Herschel Park without being chased out or threatened by Asian kids because you were in 'their' park, trivial you may say, but now, as i mentioned in my previous post people are being beaten on the streets, muggings, stabbing, robbing the old, drugs, prostitution, are all part of everyday life in Slough.

Below are some articles currently in the news in Slough:

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/26/57497-child-trafficking-is-a-problem-in-the-area/

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/19/57306-police-investigate-damning-allegations-of-crime-hub-street/

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/25/57501-rapist-jailed-after-phone-video--found/

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/24/57495-exclusive-councillor-lost-licence-over-dodgy-booze-deal/

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/25/57500-stabbing-victim-was-targeted-/

http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/slough/articles/2012/02/18/57330-man-held-after-serious-assault-in-slough/

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

From what I can gather (I work in an area loosely related to planning) the ones that get knocked down are the ones that go through due process, but somewhere along the way, there's some sort of mix up, either accidental or deliberate, about what is permitted, and Building Control refuses to pass it. These shanty towns however, I suspect, remain partly because it is too difficult for overstretched planning departments to cope with finding them all and instituting the long legal process of removal; and for other reasons such as council corruption and fear of upsetting 'minorities'.

What a depressing thread.

Immigration is utterly out of control, and there are no ideas even from central government about what to do. Well, at some point you are going to have to send people home on an industrial scale or they are going to keep on a coming and we will be overrun as a nation.

Steps they need to take.

1) Leave the EU

2) Build a citizens database

3) Bring all troops home

4) Amend legal system so that illegals are sent home after a quick hearing, we have no time or money for due process

5) Put all detained illegals on a Scottish Island until transport home can be arranged

6) Second a fleet of about 10 aircraft and get them ready to fly people home en masse.

7) Get the UK population ready for the citizens database and check everyone for their nationality at some point.

It would be a huge project, but at some point we will lose anything resembling the UK if we dont.

HOLA4417

What a depressing thread.

Immigration is utterly out of control, and there are no ideas even from central government about what to do. Well, at some point you are going to have to send people home on an industrial scale or they are going to keep on a coming and we will be overrun as a nation.

Steps they need to take.

1) Leave the EU

2) Build a citizens database

3) Bring all troops home

4) Amend legal system so that illegals are sent home after a quick hearing, we have no time or money for due process

5) Put all detained illegals on a Scottish Island until transport home can be arranged

6) Second a fleet of about 10 aircraft and get them ready to fly people home en masse.

7) Get the UK population ready for the citizens database and check everyone for their nationality at some point.

It would be a huge project, but at some point we will lose anything resembling the UK if we dont.

There is as much chance of that happening as me shagging Angeline Jolie. This country is f*cked, what a sh*t hole.

HOLA4418

There is as much chance of that happening as me shagging Angeline Jolie. This country is f*cked, what a sh*t hole.

Take a look at the streets and buildings in developing countries and you'll see that these attitudes get brought to the UK, and don't get challenged for the usual fears about 'racism' etc

When I worked in India, I had lodgings in a house which had been built with an uninterrupted view of a beautiful valley. Unfortunately, a year or two earlier, someone had come and built another house right in front of it, completely blocking out all the light - it was literally two feet in front of it. When I asked the owner of my house about planning permission, rights of light etc he just laughed.

HOLA4419

Scottie beam me back to the fifties and sixties when life was clean and tranquil and everything was smart and neat. ;)

Each year more and more places become dustbins. :rolleyes:

Its why I like watching those old British black and white films. Whatever happened to that England?

HOLA4420

The essential problem here in England is the UK government and businesses in the last decade or two zealously importing Second/Third World people to live and work in Second/Third World conditions to save money, with little to no oversight and not looking at the big picture. Multiculturalism is a fig leaf for defacto ghettos developing as a direct result of the decreasing institutional assimilation of the still collapsing British Empire (we seem to get worst kinds of immigrants through France; those weirdos who killed that poor boy for "witchcraft").

Archived