House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gonzo

Historical Annual House Price Increases?

I have noticed much reference in the press to the "Annual house price increase", but can't seem to find any such historical information.

Is there a good source of data for the actual annual increase in house prices, for say 1995 to present?

-Gonzo

I have noticed much reference in the press to the "Annual house price increase", but can't seem to find any such historical information.

Is there a good source of data for the actual annual increase in house prices, for say 1995 to present?

-Gonzo

Well there are a few sources, I think I'm right in summing them up as follows:

Halifax - Says a lot more about their loan book than house prices generally

Nationwide - Ditto above

RICS - More a surevey of ups and downs from reporting surveyors

Rightmove - Seller's asking prices

Hometrack - Reports from agents, possibly most on the buttom and reflective of current situation in guaging real demand - IMO of course

Land Reg - Official stats from land registration returns - where's the column for the builder's/sellers bung though? Huge delay in getting returns and is many months out of date

PS lucky you picked up 1995 as your furthest point back in time as many of the stats providers conveniently scrub out the last market downturn from their oft repeated graphs. :o