House Price Crash Forum

Which Biscuit Should I Have With This Cup Of Tea?

pl1

It's a shame it's not a public poll, so we could see who likes what.

Good point, well made. However, I thought this might skew the result so opted for a more clandestine approach.

You should have linked a picture of the brew. I voted but made assumptions size of mug.

Another excellent point. My teas are always had in the most average sized mug you can imagine with an average amount of milk, making the brew neither too hot or too cold but just right. Tea is brewed for about 3 minutes, with slight squeeze at the end of the brew. I have no sweetner and rarely stir the finished beverage more than one revolution.

I would like to take this opportunity to advise that before I jetted out of the UK again I bought a packet of Sainsbury Basics digestives and unlike the previous packets which were superb these tasted very inferior.

I subsequently switched to Aldi Belmonts, which at just 6p more and 100g additional weight in the pack are, I am pleased to confirm, a very satiusfactory chocolate digestive indeed. They are also of obviously greater diameter.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the Sainsbury Basics chocolate digestives or was I just the unfortunate victim of a failure by their chocolate machine? This product has in recent months shot up in price, about 25% approx, as have many other Basics range items

Of course, inflation is very small isn't it Mr King ;)

Stags make a delicious biscuit called the 'Abernathy'

The Abernethy biscuit is a traditional Scottish, short eating sweet biscuit , that often accompanies the great cup of tea.

Here at Stag Bakeries we make a thicker biscuit that is baked to give a crisp finish. This not only highlights the flavour of the biscuit, but gives a wonderful texture in the mouth when you bite into it.

Made using all vegetable ingredients, and including a little malt extract for added flavour, this biscuit can be enjoyed by everyone at any time of the day.

Again, this biscuit was a Bronze award winner in the 2003 Great Taste Competition and also in 2004, reinforcing the true quality of our products.

prod_abernethy_full_200.jpg

So which biscuit did you end up having then ?

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I did have a look on Tesco website but I canny remember which one. They were kind of like coconut rings but without the coconut and without the hole in the middle; so actually not much like them at all but that is what they were. Do with the info as you please.

Good point, well made. However, I thought this might skew the result so opted for a more clandestine approach.

Another excellent point. My teas are always had in the most average sized mug you can imagine with an average amount of milk, making the brew neither too hot or too cold but just right. Tea is brewed for about 3 minutes, with slight squeeze at the end of the brew. I have no sweetner and rarely stir the finished beverage more than one revolution.

Am I the last Englishman who still uses leaf tea?

Guest Control

The Bahlsen Jaffa cake. Knocks the trad round one into a cocked hat. Edge to edge orange filling with a tang. Thinner cake base and crunchy thin plain chocolate on top. The Germans prove once again they have superior biscuit/cake hybridization abilities.

049298.jpg

Archived