House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pod

Screw Driver For Changing Mobile Phone Housing/fascia

It says in the following eBay listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Sony-Ericsso...1QQcmdZViewItem

You only need to unscrew your phone with a T6 Torx (Star shaped) screw driver & you're done! If you need to purchase a T6 Screwdriver to complete the swap then please click here or the image below and you can purchase one from my store for £2 with no extra P&P.

What's a T6 Torx screwdriver...? I don't have a T6 Torx, but can get a lend of a very small screwdriver. Has anyone changed a mobile housing before? Is this T6 Torx screwdriver just a regular small star headed screwdriver? :huh:

It says in the following eBay listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Sony-Ericsso...1QQcmdZViewItem

What's a T6 Torx screwdriver...? I don't have a T6 Torx, but can get a lend of a very small screwdriver. Has anyone changed a mobile housing before? Is this T6 Torx screwdriver just a regular small star headed screwdriver? :huh:

The torx screwdrivers have a six-point flat head on them. IF you have a set of tiny allan keys, they might do the trick.

My brother bought a set of torx screwdrivers on ebay and they turned out to be very poor quality. They are now all mashed up. I don't know where you could source a quality set.

It is very difficult to dismantle a mobile phone without the torx screwdrivers. I have used pliars with some success, but it isn't advisable.

NDL

Thanks guys! I think there might be some small allan keys lying around somewhere. I'll see if there's anything small enough...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! Don't use the allen keys, you'll just knacker the torx screws.

If you haven't got a local Maplin then Halfords do them.

:unsure: Oh right - I'll get one of the torx screwdrivers. Some of the housings on eBay come with the torx screwdriver for an extra £2.00

Search for "security bits" on Maplin's website. They should be around £8. These allow you to dismantle all manner of stuff that people would rather you didn't.

For example, you could start to unscrew toilet cubicles in fast food joints if you're bored while waiting for your meal to reappear from the other end.