House Price Crash Forum

Speed Camera I Was Slightly Over The Limit

Guest Charlie The Tramp

HOLA441
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that we didnt know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following address.

http://www.e-database.co.uk/

:rolleyes:

HOLA442

Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that we didnt know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following address.

Not so sure. think they have to allow at least 10% error, as your speedo or even tyre wear can adjust the spee you see comapred to the speed you are actually doing. I have a pocket GPS, and have found most speedos are calibrated a few MPH below what you are actually doing, whether it is to give an impression that the car as higher performance or perhaps to help the driver not get pinged I do not know....

as for a national database, the GASOS would be unable of doing this. The new ones that look like normal video surveillance cameras but are yellow average your speed and work off number plate recognition, it is more likely with this type.

HOLA443

Also I tried different reg details and it gives the same offence, so not that accurate IMO

I just checked mine, it said I was doing 37 in a 30 zone in cambridge!!! I haven't been to cambridge????

has someone got my reg? mine is legitimate had it all checked when purchased

HOLA444
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I just checked mine, it said I was doing 37 in a 30 zone in cambridge!!! I haven't been to cambridge????

has someone got my reg? mine is legitimate had it all checked when purchased

Did you not click on view picture for the evidence?

<_<

The sites so busy you have to keep on trying. :(

HOLA445
HOLA446

My olde dad's car was recorded doing 37.9 , also in Cambridge , on 12/10/05 . He only uses the car to travel 3 miles to a local Tesco store . Database must be b****x . Still , I managed to wind him up with it :P

Edit:

Just checked , the domain (http://www.e-database.co.uk) is owned by Snooty Fox Leisure , Hartlepool . They could be collecting data so avoid the site perhaps ?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Charlie The Tramp

But I have never been to cambridge either. :blink:

If you had clicked on Picture Available View Picture by the camera image, it would have proved you wrong.

<_<

HOLA4411

If you had clicked on Picture Available View Picture by the camera image, it would have proved you wrong.

<_<

No seriously Charlie I have never been to Cambridge in my life. It isnt even bloody near me. Someone must be using my identity. :unsure:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Did you not click on view picture for the evidence?

<_<

The sites so busy you have to keep on trying. :(

B#st#rd CTT, got me there, revenge will be sweet :D

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

ROFLMBFAO . I'm off to change my pants now.

Personally I do not see what is so funny about being caught on speed camera via identity fraud. I have written to the police and DVLA to notify them that I have never even been within 200 miles of Cambridge. :( I am taking this further. Something doesnt feel right.

HOLA4417

Personally I do not see what is so funny about being caught on speed camera via identity fraud. I have written to the police and DVLA to notify them that I have never even been within 200 miles of Cambridge. :( I am taking this further. Something doesnt feel right.

So cutting from one so young .

HOLA4418
Guest Charlie The Tramp

But was it your jam jar in the picture? Could be evidence in your favour.

Norwich prison is not that bad.

HOLA4419

Archived