House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gone west

Here We Go Again!

Even if it doesn't go the whole way, someone on financial sense pointed out that America will spend all of the coming long, cold Winter repairing it's 90%-down oil platforms in the Gulf, only for the next hurricane season to start soon afterwards.

Things are at a turning point.

Arrr... its only a tiddler. depth of 1002 Mb, unless it goes real deep dont expect this one to go wrecking any oil platforms or refineries!

WILMA!

Pressure down to 998mb.

Given they way things have been behaving, this could be Cat 3 by the time it hits the half repaired rigs. Oil is already rising on this storm.

check out tropical storm risk to view WILMA's progress if your interested...

I'm betting that it will ****** all my shit up and head for Homestead as I have to go and do some work there later this week.

Bored of hurricanes already and I hope we will be spared the worst

Arrr... its only a tiddler. depth of 1002 Mb, unless it goes real deep dont expect this one to go wrecking any oil platforms or refineries!

You'll be wishing you hadn't said that mb!

From the National Hurricane Center this morning:

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 150 MPH...240 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER

GUSTS. WILMA IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE ON

THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. THE HURRICANE COULD BECOME A CATEGORY

FIVE HURRICANE TODAY.

How about you reply to this telling us that we needn't worry about house prices crashing as they've only dropped a wee amount! Now that would be helpful!

Thanks! ;)

You'll be wishing you hadn't said that mb!

From the National Hurricane Center this morning:

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 150 MPH...240 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER

GUSTS. WILMA IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE ON

THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. THE HURRICANE COULD BECOME A CATEGORY

FIVE HURRICANE TODAY.

How about you reply to this telling us that we needn't worry about house prices crashing as they've only dropped a wee amount! Now that would be helpful!

Thanks! ;)

Category 5 now, but not projected to hit the oil rig area. More likely to hit western Cuba and then southern Florida.

OOPS!!!!

Good job I only use met rather than interpret it for my job! :0

That beast has got some energy in it. Having said that, October is peak Hurricane season when sea temps are at their highest average levels (you need sea temps in excess of 28 celcius to generate a hurricane). Hoping this one doesnt whack the states again,they have had their share of it this year

Whats everyone talking about. Its Cat 5. That will blow your fu*king hat off

Been told by insurance modellers that this could be the biggest one of the season, and right at close of play, as Nov 1st if I think the end if the hurricane season. If it hits Florida/Miami, insurance market will take another massive hit. Premiums for all insurance will go up markedly next year, adding to inflation for businesses which will trickle through to everyone else!

Been told by insurance modellers that this could be the biggest one of the season, and right at close of play, as Nov 1st if I think the end if the hurricane season. If it hits Florida/Miami, insurance market will take another massive hit. Premiums for all insurance will go up markedly next year, adding to inflation for businesses which will trickle through to everyone else!

so glad we havent bought here, itd have to be cheap because all the taxes and insurances cost a good wedge and i just dont think its worth it.

Keep yer camcorders to hand - Tornado predicted to hit the UK pm!