House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Where Has All The Money Gone

Sung to the tune of the famous Peter Paul & Mary song (showing my age here).

Where has all the money gone?

China:

Porsche to double outlets in China to meet sales boom

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/15102005/323/porsc...sales-boom.html

China may be a good place to BTL--the only problem will be when it all goes pear shaped over there and the government decided capitalism wasn't such a good idea after all :lol:

Can anyone hear that loud sucking noise--its the great Chinese economic vacuum cleaner cleaning out our pockets!

Edited by Realistbear

....China may be a good place to BTL--the only problem will be when it all goes pear shaped over there and the government decided capitalism wasn't such a good idea after all :lol:

Foreigners are not allowed to buy homes in China, so BTL (at least at the moment) would be illegal.

My source for this is a former work colleague who is now living in China. I have asked him about buying a place as he is looking to live there permanently and he confirmed there were legal restrictions on foreigners.

NDL

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Wasn't it a pete seeger number?

Correct.

Where Have All The Flowers Gone.

Long Time Passing

Long Time Ago

To Graveyards Everyone

When Will They Ever Learn

A hit in the 1960s during the CND period along with Bob Dylan

I have many of their original 60s LPs

<_<

.....the money ain't in china!!!!!!!

anyone that needs goods manufactured cheaply has invested there,but their legal system is a bit iffy,so cutting edge products will still be developed and made where IP protection is better

that means the west and japan.

the stockmarket doesn't lie........shanghai index down MASSIVELY the last couple of years.

....hang seng and nikkei are the ones to play in asia

Correct.

Long Time Passing

Long Time Ago

To Graveyards Everyone

When Will They Ever Learn

A hit in the 1960s during the CND period along with Bob Dylan

I have many of their original 60s LPs

<_<

Or when the BTLs start to bomb, the tune will be "Where have all the Cowboys Gone?" by Paula Cole (credit to google - I'm not a Paula Cole fan in case you're worried). :)

The problem the Chinese have is that they "own" a large part of our debt. So when that is revealed as a worthless IOU, they go down with us.

They are too closely locked in now.

And then there's the oil... the talk of this space launch which has apparently made as big a leap from their previous (first) one as the US/USSR took 10 years to do, reminded me... they are to a large extent trying to ape what the West has done since the war... problem being that the oil is running out. That was a once only developmental spurt there I'm afraid... missed the boat there China, sorry!

EDIT: To expand, maybe in true human fashion we are frightened of something that lies behind us.

We've nothing much to offer. There’s nothing much to take.

Were absolute beginners, And were absolutely sane.

As long as we’re together. The rest can go to hell.

If our HPC song.

Could fly over mountains.

Could laugh at the landlords.

sail over heartaches second time.

Just like the films

There’s no reason

To feel all the hard times

To lay down the hard lines

It’s absolutely true

Nothing much could happen

Nothing we can’t shake

Oh we’re absolute beginners

With nothing much at stake

As long as you’re still smiling

We’re certain to succeed

it was a bum film. i think i watched it. patsy kensit was the starlet. i cant even remember what it was about. though i think i can remember a heiniken advert with a road digging crew - just about, but its foggy. i need refreshing and only heiniken can do that.

she seems like she could be bitchy and a tease....

i knew a man who once met joanna lumley and stated she had a lot of cosmetics on laid thickly. this was in 1989. i still think shes a MILF.

last week i saw bradley walsh sipping a mocha in deansgate manchester and i live on the same street as jimmy saville did in the 60s (dont know if thats a good thing). we were going to yell out in a chav style at bradley as we drove by, but we couldnt remember his name quick enough !! oh and i saw sally webster on king st. it took all my willpower not to shout SALLEH !!! at her. i find her quite attractive as a medium grade MILF. she didnt look at me or my beggars blanket a bit. stuck up or what ?

your mate sounds washed up. i hope he hasnt ended up like peter burns.

''she seems like she could be bitchy and a tease....

i knew a man who once met joanna lumley and stated she had a lot of cosmetics on laid thickly. this was in 1989. i still think shes a MILF.''............quote RFD

what, prey is a MILF?

Edited by Michael