House Price Crash Forum

Location Location Location

Flat up for sale at 465000

Phil refuses to phone the estate agent with an offer of less than 445000! Says it's too much off and the estate agent won't consider it.

Absolute cxxt!

jesus wept if you can't get minimum of 10% discount in this market then you are mental

Just watching Mr Potato head and the flumpster on 4+1 - why I don't know, its like playing with a bad tooth - just can't help it.

They're so desperate to ramp, I think every single episode involves at least one 'typical' FTB with half a mill to spunk on a flat in London (co-incidentally, pretty much the only part of the country where prices aren't currently doing too badly).

Wonder if they manage to secure something for asking price this week?

Phil refuses to phone the estate agent with an offer of less than 445000! Says it's too much off and the estate agent won't consider it.

Absolute cxxt!

Just watched it and she blew Phil out because she wanted to get a decent deal! Finally someone strays on to LLL with something going on between their ears.

Fair does to Kirsty though - she did manage to negotiate £5K of a £250K house. Hardball! :lol:

Edited by NEO72

classic repeat yesterday with the couple moving from fulham to house near grantham

half way through they bid on a wreck with a 450k guide. krusty asked them for their top dollar (600+250 rennovation)

bid accepted (hooray) .. they agent mis-mailed them the list of all bidders and their bids. second highest bid very close to the guide. classic.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/g5bn/relocation,-relocation--series-4---4-pj-and-hereward

krust and phil - the agents double agents

I have yet to see any of the 'latest' L,L,L being outside London or environs - so a totally false picture of the current market but watch it for the schadenfreude of being able to say "is that all you get for that much money in the South East and especially London". Liked the older couple on last night who were happy with a nice terraced house in an area they knew and liked and must have paid cash unless they could secure a mortgage at their age (doubtful). Should have got at least 10% off asking though. ;)

Only watched the last 15 minutes.

Took the vicar not buying being due to his missis not being in paid employment anymore.

What payout to vicars get to afford to buy in London anyway?

What are the wages like?

Not bad at all considering they get a rent free deanery, stipend and get to employ their wife as a part time secretary. Not dissimilar to MPs really. Lots of vicars find themselves entering the profession with sacks of money already accumulated either via being a toff or leaving a successful career as a calling to God, again MP'esque. My parents last vicar (now retired) was an oil executive before the change and boy did he get about on personal missions around the globe to right wrongs. The vicar before him came from very humble beginnings and was fortunate enough to inherit a nice flat in Oxford from one of his flock that he retired to. I bet that happens alot when mad spinsters write up their wills with no true heir.

Absolute cxxt!

Come on we are talking Phil Spencer here where a ''cheeky offer'' starts at a 2K discount in a dead market.

Edited by crashmonitor

I noticed both made derisory comments about the properties they viewed being 'tennanted' and how that was a bad thing. We don't all smear shit on the walls, but for you Krusty, I would make an exception ;)

I watched that in disgust at that spivvy ********.

I and my wife are both university educated, have three children, both have professional careers (although she is currently a housewife), and currently rent our house as we are loooking to move closer to kids schools so they can walk to work.

Nice to know that despite finishing in the top three in the country in my professional exams (in a mathetmatical discipline), and despite having an arts degree I am regarded by the likes of Phil as some form of sub human scumbag because I am not as clinically stupid as to follow the advice of that moronic halfwit who appears to bankrupt companies despite being held up as an expert.

I also looked at the lady concerned who uttered the phrase akin to 'let's keep it sensible' as she was just about to pay 20x annual average salary for a (de facto) one bed apartment with 818 sq feet of living space.

I bought my first flat in a nicer part of london (imo) fifteen years ago for $140k and still felt that it was a bit strange that it costs so much for 950 sq feet.

The worlds gone mad.

Edited by Sir Harold m

The really interesting thing for me is that in the end neither of these 'first time buyers' actually bought.

Ultimately they both decided that the price of these properties in the current climate was too high.

Also first time buyers with budgets of £240k and £400k must be as rare as hen's teeth in this market. If they're not buying, we can assume that very very few other FTBs are either.

Challenge to the LLL team - find an average potential FTB and see what you can get for them!!!

The really interesting thing for me is that in the end neither of these 'first time buyers' actually bought.

Ultimately they both decided that the price of these properties in the current climate was too high.

Also first time buyers with budgets of £240k and £400k must be as rare as hen's teeth in this market. If they're not buying, we can assume that very very few other FTBs are either.

Challenge to the LLL team - find an average potential FTB and see what you can get for them!!!

We did send off to them to get on the show back in the summer as we were looking, over a wide potential area but with a budget of 'only ' £180000. Didn't hear a dicky bird.

Bought something on our own in the end.

We did send off to them to get on the show back in the summer as we were looking, over a wide potential area but with a budget of 'only ' £180000. Didn't hear a dicky bird.

Bought something on our own in the end.

I don't get the concept now that we all have property search engines such as rightmove, though it does make for good television. Also wouldn't fancy them doing the negotiations with their definition of a cheeky offer.