House Price Crash Forum

Social Engineering And Using People To Manipulate The Economy

I wanted to post as i read some info about the bedroom tax and various other issues we all seem to be confronted with.

I claim housing benefit , work fulltime ! still i am in debt...still cant afford to live.

I feel most days like i cant go on like this.

Whats going on ?

I feel the people at the bottom of the scrap heap are being used in order to correct issues which should be correct from top down.

So we have housing huge benefits issues in this nation due to price of rents inflated by unregulated estateb agents and greedy humans and also by banks and lending , second home mentality and just a nationwide souless heartless want to make money by getting other humans to pay Your mortgage.

These Rents could be capped , they could be regulated ? instead of lowering benefits ????? as they are in all other eu nations i heard ? and yet they are not.

I think i am right in saying all other eu nations have regulation on private sector house price charges ? in germany they all have to charge the same for 2 bed , 3 bed ? or to that effect ?

I now see why Slippery millionaire dave and clegg didnt want to get to close to the eu , i wonder where housing rental regulation factors in all that.

I feel i am being used as a regulation device , they cut benefits , force me to move to a shed somewhere , that forces landlords to lower rents maybe in time ? is that how f...kd up the mentality is of these Parasites in power ?

That way the government force down rents maybe by making it so we cant affford them and that in turn depresses the market and lowers housing benefit bills maybe but am i the only one feels this is a vote winning exercise on some level and social engineering and also using those already at breaking point to manage the inflation of housing rather than by regulating THOSE WHO CREATE THE INFLATION.

Its like people on housing benefit are blamed for the inflation ? did no one notice this ? Its never blamed on GREED , ESTATE AGENTS , SECOND HOME OWNERS , THE DEMISE OF PENSION FUNDS , THE DEMISE OF STOCK PROFITS .

Why does the government not cap or regulate private rents so landlords simply cannot charge what they do.

A big issue in cornwall where i live is ' THE PARASITES '.

They call themselves Estate agents , they are SUB HUMAN

When house sales fell they all jumped on renting and then progressively raised rents to make more profits , they also brought in much more strict rental agreements centred around Insurance company policies and the net result is like a double smack round the face , it just never ends and i truely believe the Estate Agents of this nation are more destructive than terrorists as its an internal form of social destruction they are enginnering here via their own GREED and LUST FOR MONEY above all else.

They have no heart.

I am convinced as has already been said that the estate agents locally here maintain a cartel .They all show ' asking prices ' but never declare of have to show what things actually rent or sell for.The net result is a percieved maintaining of prices whilst behind closed doors thats not the case.

Anyway i am drifting but all these cuts and caps on benefit etc instead of caps on whats asked ?

thats very clever isnt it.

Use the people who dont vote for you to please those that do .Its odvious a large % of second home owners and landlords are conservative and anti benefit whilst causing the whole mess in the first place.

My solution ?

Ban second homes and buy to let , Cap all rents so all 3 bed houses nationwide are 1 price etc and Regulate rent prices as in europe .

Estate agent for me are the real evil of this nation , brainless , souless , heartless destructive people much like many bankers

They all worship mamon and kneel at the alter of Greed and i look forward to oned ay seeing these people get their Karma back.

It will happen

Whats being done to those in poverty and on benefits and those struggling will come back oneday to haunt those with to many homes and to much and those who Feed of other humans like Leeches.

Unless house rents are capped and unless the house price market is regulated we will eventually see civil war or such a social breakdown that all those with houses will be behind barbed wire as happened in south africa and all those struggling will then be in the position of power.

I see MAJOR PROBLEMS to come , i really do.

So we have housing huge benefits issues in this nation due to price of rents inflated by unregulated estateb agents and greedy humans and also by banks and lending , second home mentality and just a nationwide souless heartless want to make money by getting other humans to pay Your mortgage.

These Rents could be capped , they could be regulated ? instead of lowering benefits ????? as they are in all other eu nations i heard ? and yet they are not.

They could be capped, but whenever this has been done it has led to a shortage of property for rent. It didn't work in the Soviet Union for example :-) and isn't working in Sweden.

In most EU countries rents are not capped (that's a HPC myth) but rent increases are controlled once a contract has been made. France you can charge what you like, they have very limited housing benefits, what caps rents is the markets ability to pay. You then sign a 3 year contract and rents can only increase by around general inflation during that period. Tenants can end the contract early giving 3 months notice or sooner if they change job etc. Landlords can only end the contract only under very specific circumstances. In Germany, which you mention, rents and rent increases can be freely negotiated by both parties but once a contract is signed, under certain circumstances the amount of increase can be capped to within 20% of comparable properties. Sweden does have rent controls and now has a shortage of housing for rent.

France/Germany are broadly pro tenant wrt to evictions. The result is that in a lot of areas (places where there is work) you have to have very good credentials in order to rent anything. In France landlords will specify illegal clauses "no unemployed", "no arabs", "12 months rent as deposit", "parental guarantee" for example. Germany and Switzerland are pro tenant but with rights come responsibilities... no chavvy behaviour, "streichzeit" clauses (where you have to redecorate to a high, landlord defined standard every 1 - 3 years etc.

As a data point, I was on the Geneva tram yesterday reading 20 minutes and they said that the average rent for a 2 bed apartment for Geneva is now 3900 CHF / month. Salaries may be high, but they are not that high.

Greedy landlords and estate agents can only charge what the market can bear. Best to let the market sort things out. That may mean building more apartment (flat) accommodation in cities to satisfy demand.

ps if it makes you feel any better estate agents are hated all over europe. Annonce at a German dinner party you are a "Makler" is akin to saying your dad ran a concentration camp and you a paedophile.

Edited by davidg