House Price Crash Forum

Just To Counter The "nothing Is Moving" Vibe

FIGGY

HOLA441

Feel free to move to the regions but...

Looking in postcode BH14. House came on yesterday, 9 viewing by the eveing (we were the last at 7pm) 3 offers thismorning (ours the 4th) another persons offer accepted and sold... 2007 prices maintained.

I'm getting so fed up with the whole thing and I hate coming on here and hearing how bad it is out there, prices falling nothing selling but the real world seems to be the opposite. This has happend so may times I can't be bothered.

(it alsoreally annoys me that most fo the people I'm ooferinga gainst have got all there deposit via house price gains over the last 10y and my grotty little £50k is through saving like a crazy fool over the last 3y

Rant over

Edited by FIGGY

HOLA442

Looking in postcode BH14. House came on yesterday, 9 viewing by the eveing (we were the last at 7pm) 3 offers thismorning (ours the 4th) another persons offer accepted and sold... 2007 prices maintained.

I'm getting so fed up with the whole thing and I hate coming on here and hearing how bad it is out there, prices falling nothing selling but the real world seems to be the opposite. This has happend so may times I can't be bothered.

(it alsoreally annoys me that most fo the people I'm ooferinga gainst have got all there deposit via house price gains over the last 10y and my grotty little 350k is through saving like a crazy fool over the last 3y

Rant over

Can you post the land registry sold link when it comes up in 3/4 months time. Thanks.

HOLA443

BH14 - gold-plated-pension-ville. Think it's one of those places outside of London that will be the last to succumb to common-sense/real market forces.

There's still a lot of money out there based on denial and leverage. Whether they have fallen in price depends on whether you are working in stirling, or loafs of bread.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Tell me about it, I've tried for so many times, most of the time we miss out not by being out bid but because we are up against retired people with £300K + in the bank and the ability to be able to view and make an offer within hours of places going on the market.

I'm just in a bad mood.

HOLA446
HOLA447

(it alsoreally annoys me that most fo the people I'm ooferinga gainst have got all there deposit via house price gains over the last 10y and my grotty little 350k is through saving like a crazy fool over the last 3y

Rant over

woo!

350k!

HOLA448

desirable places will always be well, desirable...

Nowhere has ever gone downhill?

Ive seen a few places that are still considered to be 'affluent' areas looking scruffier and scruffier, seems to me there is a lot of debt in these 'desirable' areas, and the aga saga women are finding their DHs business is going down the tubes lately.. Not much maintenance happening to these large old houses. And unless you want to be tripping over a bunch of self important mumsnetter types pushing baby buggies resembling 4x4s Im not sure I'd class these areas as 'desirable' either! Imagine how much more hellish these people will be when the money fountain runs dry.. no thanks.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I lived in BH1.

BH14 comes up with the Sandbanks and Lilliput area and at the other end of the spectrum Parkstone. I did look at Parkstone, at 2 bed terraces that were going for £190K at the peak. I just had a look now, and they are still that price. What is propping up the market.... who knows.

I moved my job over to Hampshire, I had little choice.

HOLA4411

Tell me about it, I've tried for so many times, most of the time we miss out not by being out bid but because we are up against retired people with £300K + in the bank and the ability to be able to view and make an offer within hours of places going on the market.

I'm just in a bad mood.

Not this retired person, my money's staying in the bank until sanity returns to the housing market.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Other people are offering more than you want to for a house. If thats the case, then you do not want the house as much as they do.

Conversely, you still have £50,000 in the bank, you haven't given it to a complete stranger and then taken out a huge mortgage ,which if it doesn't kill you will definately often worry you . You have flexibility, loads of money, a job, a roof over your head which you can change at will. What is there to stress over?

People used to buy houses so that they could make an instant fortune in property. It isnt happening now. Buy a camper van, go surfing, enjoy life, no regrets...

HOLA4414

Other people are offering more than you want to for a house. If thats the case, then you do not want the house as much as they do.

Conversely, you still have £50,000 in the bank, you haven't given it to a complete stranger and then taken out a huge mortgage ,which if it doesn't kill you will definately often worry you . You have flexibility, loads of money, a job, a roof over your head which you can change at will. What is there to stress over?

People used to buy houses so that they could make an instant fortune in property. It isnt happening now. Buy a camper van, go surfing, enjoy life, no regrets...

I dont diagree, but I've done that and I just want a nice enough house where I can live with my wife and our dog and not get moved on. Havinga dog makes renting very very hard as they only places that will let you have one are a dump. I've offered to put £5k into the deposit to cover any costs and no one has taken up the offer for renting.

Is this a moan...yes. Is my life good...yes. I'm i still pissed off about that fact that renting is an alternative to buying but for a number of (non financial) reasons, it can be a really sh*tty one.

HOLA4415

I dont diagree, but I've done that and I just want a nice enough house where I can live with my wife and our dog and not get moved on. Havinga dog makes renting very very hard as they only places that will let you have one are a dump. I've offered to put £5k into the deposit to cover any costs and no one has taken up the offer for renting.

Is this a moan...yes. Is my life good...yes. I'm i still pissed off about that fact that renting is an alternative to buying but for a number of (non financial) reasons, it can be a really sh*tty one.

...why not look inland more.....more stuff coming on for less than the last place sold on the road. ;)

HOLA4416

Not to be too blunt but thats one of the most stupid statements I've ever heard. Are you telling me that if I really really want a Bugatti Veyron all I need to do is close my eyes, click my heels 3 time and say i want one, i want one, i want one and it can me mine?

Desire has nothing to do with it,

Edited by FIGGY

HOLA4417

THIS.

Once your 50k is gone, it's gone.

These people still have the rising market mentality, and have just thrown away money. Distress is a coming.

HOLA4418

THIS.

Once your 50k is gone, it's gone.

These people still have the rising market mentality, and have just thrown away money. Distress is a coming.

Right, I'm off for a beer. My bad mood has spilled onto here and I'm very much indanger on looking like a brat with my "its just not fair" attitude.

I just can't bear wiating for the wife to come home and say why didnt you offer more, you should have just offer asking price in the first place etc etc

HOLA4419

Right, I'm off for a beer. My bad mood has spilled onto here and I'm very much indanger on looking like a brat with my "its just not fair" attitude.

I just can't bear wiating for the wife to come home and say why didnt you offer more, you should have just offer asking price in the first place etc etc

Oh dear, an understanding wife is essential for an HPCer. Or you could have a very miserable life.

HOLA4420

No point, some tit would probably gazump you. There are still idiots out there.

Calm down, chill out and negotiate a year extension on your rental agreement.

HOLA4421

Same here. I rang an agent about a house in the middle of nowhere in East Anglia which was new to the market. She laughed and said they had over 10 viewings lined up for the next day. I said don't bother!

The other house we were interested in came on a week ago. Before we could view it a sale had been agreed and the agent is only taking names of other interested parties.

People still want to buy but the supply is dry

HOLA4422

Same here. I rang an agent about a house in the middle of nowhere in East Anglia which was new to the market. She laughed and said they had over 10 viewings lined up for the next day. I said don't bother!

The other house we were interested in came on a week ago. Before we could view it a sale had been agreed and the agent is only taking names of other interested parties.

Where is this?

HOLA4423

No point, some tit would probably gazump you. There are still idiots out there.

Calm down, chill out and negotiate a year extension on your rental agreement.

on the ball Bruce in deed - once IRs creep up it will take a big leg down; markets don't go in straight lines

it is comical to see poeple on this thread complaining that the problem withbuying houses is that lots of others want to - well YOU'RE (not you bruce) part of the problem!

have a nice chianti and chill out before consuming your adversaries liver - figuratively speaking of course

HOLA4424

people are COMPELLED to buy by the engrained sentiment and QE going into the pockets of the rich

this will end

Edited by Si1

HOLA4425

I must say, the wife was great. Came in the door, asked me to pour her a big glass of wine, said oh well onto the next one and that was it.

She even said as the market is going down its only getting cheaper as time goes on anyway. Think about XX house, if we had got that last year for £xx we would have felt robbed today. Yay