House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

15% Off Everything In B&Q This Weekend

ole kingfisher is trying to delay the inevitable

After serious poor trading figures( i believe sales are down 23%).they have decieded to start a sale.

This as anyone will know is the first sale for a few years, and is indictive of the tough trading conditions.

i had to go in for a waste pipe this morning, and i said to the woman at the till.

me "15% off sales must be slow"

till woman " no were quite busy actually"

me" thats why sales are down 23% the last quarter then"

till woman laughing "where you hear that"

me " erm from there shareholders statement"

till woman "oh"

me" well think about it when was the last time you seen b&q having a sale"

me" i think your just finding it busy because thev'e sacked a lot of workers making you work harder"

till lady " yeah used to be 8 tills open here last year on a saturday now they make 5 do the same work"

b&q are the first of the big ones to start the discounting, next month i think they will make the discount permanent.

Edited by homeless

After serious poor trading figures( i believe sales are down 23%).they have decieded to start a sale.

This as anyone will know is the first sale for a few years, and is indictive of the tough trading conditions.

etc

You can get up to 50% off here -

http://www.tesco.com/

From the new 'State' supermarket.

Sales Xtended for a further WEEK (read foreseeable future ;) )

I also use 'Dealtime' and 'kelkoo' as well as 'Pricerunner'. I saved approx £70 on my new tumbledryer through buying on the net. Currys wouldn't ad match the net, even though I offered them the chance.

I think most people are cottoning on to the fact that the net is usually cheaper than the High st.

Edited by libitina

At my local B & Q which is in Greenwich. They have had a 10% off everything sale every other weekend for the last couple of months I think. I think I may wait another month or so to buy that hammer drill i've been looking at. 20% off everything Bring_it_on!

Went into Boots this morning. Item I wanted was three for two, so bought three (they'll all get used). Was then given £5 No.7 voucher. Bought item I wanted in No.7 range and one other item (full price - horror!). In the end I spent £14.69 for items with a shelf price of £24.79; and they're running a business?! Beginning to feel like the first signs of real desperation out there.

EDIT: all items I intended to buy before going in the shop, not impulse buys because of offers. 'Cos that wouldn't be a saving, would it? See, I know my female economics.

Edited by munro

All this is good news for Brown's inflation figures is it not?

Are discounted goods counted in the inflation figures (I can't see why not myself).

Would large scale price cutting like this make and differenec to liklihood of interest rate rises?

I went to buy a pair of trainers today and it was a major sale in Sports World - almost everything was either 30, 50 or even a whopping 70% off.

So I came out with two pairs instead of one ! :D

All this is good news for Brown's inflation figures is it not?

Are discounted goods counted in the inflation figures (I can't see why not myself).

Would large scale price cutting like this make and differenec to liklihood of interest rate rises?

Not for the trade deficit though, as imported goods have stopped falling in price, shops are having to cut margins or shift look goods in order to get the same sort of sales, their running costs have risen too.

i had to go in for a waste pipe this morning, and i said to the woman at the till.

till woman "oh"

me" i think your just finding it busy because thev'e sacked a lot of workers making you work harder"

this wins this weeks prize of most irrelevant housing conversation with a pressed member of the public.

this girl was probably not in the least bit bothered by it all. she probably went in this morning thinking about 'dishy' guys and chewing gum. shes filing here nails away when angry from HPC turns up and hits her with this weeks BoE figures and shareholders meeting minutes. graphs and financial predictions..

classic kenny everetts angry character... : )

tell me you didnt have a suit on your front side and suspenders/stockings on the back ?

this wins this weeks prize of most irrelevant housing conversation with a pressed member of the public.

this girl was probably not in the least bit bothered by it all. she probably went in this morning thinking about 'dishy' guys and chewing gum. shes filing here nails away when angry from HPC turns up and hits her with this weeks BoE figures and shareholders meeting minutes. graphs and financial predictions..

classic kenny everetts angry character... : )

tell me you didnt have a suit on your front side and suspenders/stockings on the back ?

Totally agree! I've been lurking here for months and enjoying the funny anecdotes and intelligent debates. But its really starting to get ridiculous when people feel proud of harassing a girl behind a till about the impending HPC.

till woman "oh"

till lady " yeah used to be 8 tills open here last year on a saturday now they make 5 do the same work"

b&q are the first of the big ones to start the discounting, next month i think they will make the discount permanent.

why are you attacking innocent sales girls?

In the pub yesterday. My friend who's just left his job to start a Sarah Beeny job:

Him: "Went to B & Q yesterday, they're having a sale and 15% off!"

Me: "Oh, that doesn't surprise me, they're not doing too well at the moment, closing 22 stores, 6 of them warehouses."

Him: "Gosh. I wouldn't have thought that lowering prices would be sensible if you weren't doing well?"

Pause.

Me: "Well, I think it's a matter of taking a small loss rather than having to take a bigger one later."

Him: "Suppose so."

Classic.

:lol::rolleyes:

Edited by megaflop

Guest The Dude

why are you attacking innocent sales girls?

Bloody hell Losing Faith, you consider that an 'attack'? It read to me like the guy was merely having a conversation with the salesgirl. Crikey, I'd hate to think of the consequences of having a polite conversation with you...you'd probably have me hung drawn and quartered..

Attack? It could be construed as such under new terror laws :)

You only have to say the word nonsense afterall ... :)

And they'll know you know..

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/sto...1593204,00.html

Drivers face 24-hour spy cameras

Judges liken terror laws to Nazi Germany

By Marie Woolf, Raymond Whitaker and Severin Carrell

Published: 16 October 2005

Independent on Sunday

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article320005.ece

its an obsession. that why we try and bleed the public of the false situation and we become housing bores.

ive done what homeless has done myself.

i recently witnessed a car accident. one person ended up trapped in the vehicle. i disconnected the battery and as we waited with the victim for the services to arrive. i began to explain how housing and current prices were at a peak of a cycle, but then she began to fade into unconsciousness. i had to act fast. i managed to get her breathing using a length of plastic tube. i was able to continue explaining why house prices would fall over the next 1-3 years by -40%.

Result.. the parents dishwasher finally ground to a halt after 20 years..

Not a bad innings..

Luckily a good proportion of the country has been getting into so much debt over the last few years and dishwashers are in a sale..

Me thinks rocking up and saying that they have cash and what can be done should see greater savings..

so a massive consumer debt binge does leave a few winners.

Woman in Debenhams told me that their sale should have finished yesterday, but the powers tha be decided to do it for an extra day plus an extra 10% off the sale price too. 2 pairs of jeans later................... :D

Loads of sale stuff left too. Unusually so. :huh:

its an obsession. that why we try and bleed the public of the false situation and we become housing bores.

ive done what homeless has done myself.

i recently witnessed a car accident. one person ended up trapped in the vehicle. i disconnected the battery and as we waited with the victim for the services to arrive. i began to explain how housing and current prices were at a peak of a cycle, but then she began to fade into unconsciousness. i had to act fast. i managed to get her breathing using a length of plastic tube. i was able to continue explaining why house prices would fall over the next 1-3 years by -40%.

made me laugh out loud