House Price Crash Forum

Croatia Votes "yes" To Join Eu

pl1

Croatia EU referendum: Voters back membership

Preliminary results from Croatia's referendum on European Union membership suggest that a large majority of people want to join the EU in 2013.

With more than one third of votes counted, the country's electoral commission says 67% of voters have backed EU membership.

Only 32% of votes cast were against it.

Croatia itself is currently suffering from high unemployment and other economic problems.

Croatia signed an EU accession treaty last year and should join in July 2013, once all the existing members of the union have ratified the deal.

All the major political parties in Croatia favour joining the EU, despite the financial crisis engulfing the organisation.

Opponents of the "yes" vote warned of a loss of sovereignty, just two decades after Croatia became an independent state.

But supporters said EU membership was the best option for the country in the long term.

Worth knowing about for a heads-up. I wonder which country they'll all be heading for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16670298

Croatia EU referendum: Voters back membership

Worth knowing about for a heads-up. I wonder which country they'll all be heading for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16670298

Germany, I would imagine.

With over 200,000 Croats living in Germany, they are the 5th largest foreign community there. There are very few Croats in the UK. Given that people tend to migrate to places where they already have connections, and given the relative health of Germany's economy, I can't imagine that many would choose to come to the UK.

Knowing Croatia quite well; I can assure you that Croatia has next to no affinity with Russia; Croatia is one of the few countries in Europe where Germans get a universally warm welcome when on holiday.

They think they can move the Slav states away from Russian influence by letting them into the EU - and, of course, allow the gravy train of nice jobs and contracts to continue.

Problem is, first sign of trouble in Europe and the slav states will, most likely, align with Russia.

Knowing Croatia quite well; I can assure you that Croatia has next to no affinity with Russia; Croatia is one of the few countries in Europe where Germans get a universally warm welcome when on holiday.

Do you agree workers in Croatia would prefer to head to Germany than any other country? Or is it an unknown quantity?

My guess would be of those leaving Croatia:

60% Germany

20% Austria

10% Sweden

10% Other EU countries.

The UK is not a popular country for Croats; a basic theory on European politics that I've heard there a number of times is: after WW2 Germany has been exceptionally successful and that the UK has been insane with jealousy.. The French and the British are seen as elitist countries dreaming of their past glories while they slowly crumble.

Do you agree workers in Croatia would prefer to head to Germany than any other country? Or is it an unknown quantity?

What makes you think that? From what I've read the eastern block criminal gangs displaced English gangsters several years ago but I don't think Croatian gangsters are any more ruthless than those from Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or the Baltic states.

Letting these crazy MOFO's into the Eruo club will make the current Bulgarian and Romanian scum littering the British/Euro crime underworld look like angels.

What makes you think that? From what I've read the eastern block criminal gangs displaced English gangsters several years ago but I don't think Croatian gangsters are any more ruthless than those from Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or the Baltic states.

Because it was only just 16 years ago that these crazy mofo's were fighting a very nasty civil war, which included hatcheting women, children, and anybody in their way.

Sure the Hague put some of the generals away, but it's still a country full of deep seeded hatred, and most of those 'fighters' who committed very nasty acts are are still breathing and will be easily sweeping aside the established gangsters here. Why? Because they are more brutal, and the country is completely corrupted by gangs. It's a country full of hard men.

My friends in Slovenia and Italy are not at all pleased of the news. Not one bit.

Not long ago the British underworld was swept aside by Russian gangsters with the fall of the Soviet union. Overnight there were legions of ex-Afghan campaign soldiers, trained killers without a job; mob enforcing was the obvious choice and the British police were a complete joke.

I guess it's about who is hungriest.

i thought you were in favour of mass immigration?

Nope. My opinion of immigration is that we need both skilled people and labourers within Britain [productive people].

I have plenty of friends who are 'immigrants' and they all have a job here, there, and anywhere they've settled, I am all for it. Just as it is when I am taking a post abroad.

But having the mind that Britain needs to close its borders and start frog marching out all the foreigners is just plan madness.

Where in any of my writings have I been in favour of the influx of criminals and crime? Or are you just taking the p1ss?

Interesting theory, although if those who took part in the massacres of civilians generally went on to become criminal gangsters Germany would have been awash with criminals in the 1950's and 60's but it was not.

I'd be interested to know what massacres you were alluding to, the Croatian war of independence was a bloody affair but the majority of the violence was Serb on Croat, there were isolated cases of violence towards civilians but not any mass killings of civilians like the Serb forces have been found guilty of (Vukovar & Srebrenica).

Of course when it comes to the mass killing of civilians the British are right up there, the RAF were in large part responsible for the deaths of around half a million Germans most of whom were just average people caught up in a huge mess.

Because it was only just 16 years ago that these crazy mofo's were fighting a very nasty civil war, which included hatcheting women, children, and anybody in their way.

Sure the Hague put some of the generals away, but it's still a country full of deep seeded hatred, and most of those 'fighters' who committed very nasty acts are are still breathing and will be easily sweeping aside the established gangsters here. Why? Because they are more brutal, and the country is completely corrupted by gangs. It's a country full of hard men.

My friends in Slovenia and Italy are not at all pleased of the news. Not one bit.

Not long ago the British underworld was swept aside by Russian gangsters with the fall of the Soviet union. Overnight there were legions of ex-Afghan campaign soldiers, trained killers without a job; mob enforcing was the obvious choice and the British police were a complete joke.

I guess it's about who is hungriest.

I am Croatian, and I must say that I have expected this kind of reaction from British people, becouse you always liked Serbs more than us. And I understand that you do not care about us, same like we do not care about some war in south africa, we only see a few seconds of it on TV.

But I must tell you that you have wrong opinion about our war, and us as nation.

First of all, it was not a civil war. We were in same federation, but we are not the same nation. Before yugoslavia, we had completely different history. Croatia was part of Austrian empire, and Dalmatia (croatian region) was part of Italy. Serbia was not there, they were always closer to other Slavic countries. Even before it, hundreds of years before yugoslavia, croatia was chatolic country, serbia is orthodox. We have very little in common.

Second thing, when Croatia and Slovenia decided to leave that federetion (becouse money from all yugoslavia went to serbia, beograd) they said we can´t. Then they said, ok, you dont want Yugoslavia, how about big Serbia? You see the point here? They have this ideas of big Serbia, which then they tried to accomlish with bloody war.

First, they came with yugoslavian army tanks to Vukovar and they destroeyed it completly. Many civilians were killed and raped. Brutal crimes.

Then they attacked Dalmatia, they war bombing us every day. We did not have any weapons to defend. Then they attacked Bosnia and Sarajevo. You know what happend there.

War was from 1990 - 1995. Our army never crossed Serbian border. We were only defending our country. And so we did it, with the help of British and American inteligence.

It is true that croatian army did some crimes during war. Becouse serbs came living in occupied territory, some of civilans were killed during missions in 1995. when croats manage to free Dalmatia.

And now we are becoming member of EU.

Althoug Croatia was very much destroyed in war, and later on had big problems with corruption (we still do), we managed to build our country to be one of the best turistic places in world. Many rich and famous from all the world come every summer on our islands, including prince Harry. We have beautful see, weather, more than 1000 islands. We have also build many hotels and turist attractions, and we are crowded every year.

You do not have to worry about croatian immigrants, becouse people here dont want to leave country. Some of them want to study on foreign collages, to have great education, and maybe some of them will come to UK as well. But no one will come to UK to beg, or do crimes, becouse even here we have dont have that type of criminal. Streets are safe and crowded with turist all night. Nothing happens.

Our eurosceptics are affraid of immigrants coming to Croatia from Romania and Bulgaria. They are also affraid that european pensioners will buy houses on coast and islands, and come living here when they retire.

This is how croatian beaches and cities looks during summer

http://images.global.tilllate.com/images/articles/fckeditor/Image/pozadina.JPG

http://slobodnadalmacija.hr/Portals/0/images/2010-07-18/sport/zrce9-170710_thumb.jpg

http://citybook.hr/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/417.jpg

http://www.sda.ba/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/turisti1.jpg

so dont worry, we are not coming to UK. You are coming to Croatia :)

I am Croatian, and I must say that I have expected this kind of reaction from British people, becouse you always liked Serbs more than us.

Absolutely complete b******s we bombed the Serbs to warn against their ethic cleansing, Tony personally gave the order. :rolleyes:

You will rue the day you joined that corrupt organisation called the Merkel and Sarkozy club. ;)

Archived