House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Duplex

Costa Crash

The penny drops for ‘investors’ in Spain.

We also bought two off plan properties. Hoping to live in one and sell on the other before completion. With the amount of new builds and re-sales, its almost impossible. Our agent said it would be so easy but I can assure you its not, our agent hasn't informed us of any interest in it at all.
totally agree with Mike, the agents are full of ******** and we too have wasted years investing in off plan when you can now buy on the same development at a lower price.
We are currently marketing it at €15,000 below what we paid 2 years ago, and about €80,000 below the developer's price. But still not sold!!! Doesn't that tell you something. I see on one of the Auction sites that there are resales for even less!!!
Speaking from the Costa del Sol, I'd be interested to hear of any investors that managed to sell on before completion for a worthwhile profit - I've never met one who did, even going back a few years.

So when and at what price will these people be able to sell?. Seasonal rents probably only cover 25% of their holding costs, the holiday market next year will possibly be worse than last summer if consumer behaviour in the UK is any indicator. The Spanish Costas market is crashing, but are we talking 30-40% or a lot worse?

Off plan woe

The penny drops for ‘investors’ in Spain.

So when and at what price will these people be able to sell?. Seasonal rents probably only cover 25% of their holding costs, the holiday market next year will possibly be worse than last summer if consumer behaviour in the UK is any indicator. The Spanish Costas market is crashing, but are we talking 30-40% or a lot worse?

Off plan woe

What do people not get with off plan when the market has peaked? I remember back in the eighties Westferry road, Docklands, excellent brochure, small deposits of approx. 5-15K. The guy did not have the full PP, he technically owned the plot although this was subject to the PP. He took, if memory serves me well, approx. 2mil in deposits, spent 50K on pr/adv/marketing and did one. Disappeared of the face of the earth. Some gloss put on it but in my humble opinion he set out to stiff a bunch on naive punters buying fresh air.