House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unamerican

Would You Support Sanctions Against Iran ?

i guess this website attracts a lot of very normal people so I am intrigued by your opinions.

Sanctions against Iran will boost the UK/EU/US Economies so it is relevant.

If you dont understand why that is so thinkback to the UK and the American colonies.

The UK imposed strict sanctions on the Colony preventing it from trading with anyone but the UK and at very favaorable terms.

This lead to the American Revolution.

France did the same thing with Haiti leading to the same result.

Sanctions always benefit the nations imposing them.

so do you support Sanctions against Iran as proposed by the US/UK/EU and opposed by Russia and China ?

when trying to aim for a minute group of terrorist dont use such a blunt weapon like sanctions to bludgeon the entire population. you will only turn them against you.

there is no miracle solution. you continually buy time until the people of iran change themselves. you can offer non military help, but you cant do the job for them.

if you want to stop iran from being a nuclear power. stop using oil and find cleaner, renewable fuels. their oil is the source of their power.

when trying to aim for a minute group of terrorist dont use such a blunt weapon like sanctions to bludgeon the entire population. you will only turn them against you.

there is no miracle solution. you continually buy time until the people of iran change themselves. you can offer non military help, but you cant do the job for them.

if you want to stop iran from being a nuclear power. stop using oil and find cleaner, renewable fuels. their oil is the source of their power.

except we are the terrorists and we are using the oil as a weapon .

I would support sanctions against the USA.

Everyone should encourage people to boycott US products. It has to be the most disgusting and sick country in modern history. Just look at the president and all the innocent civilans he has killed.

If the world or a major portion of it places sanctions on Iran then we have an immediate worldwide oil crisis and the inevitable economic recession that follows.

I can follow the logic that those imposing sanctions might benefit over the long term, and in this case it would literally force us to use less oil effective immediately, but in the short term there would be an awful lot of pain so I really don't see it happening.

I would support sanctions against the USA.

Everyone should encourage people to boycott US products. It has to be the most disgusting and sick country in modern history. Just look at the president and all the innocent civilans he has killed.

Judging the value of a nation by the morality of the leadership is a bit flawed, by that logic there is hardly a country that wouldn`t be condemned!

There again you may be onto something B)

Limpet