House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trashingdays

What's The Smallest Property You Can Find?

This one is a gem for a mere £140K. On the plus side the heating bills must be minute, look at the size of that radiator! Every time you boiled the kettle you'd be heating your entire living space.

Makes this one look positively spacious. With all that extra square footage you'd think they could have tidied up before the photos were taken ...

The Foxtons site has an interesting page that lets you work out how much you can borrow:

http://www.alexanderhall.co.uk/mortgages/m...n-i-borrow.html

It just multiplies your salary by 5, thus encouraging you to get into too much debt. There is no 'if you take on this amount of debt you must be out of your mind' disclamer.

The Foxtons site has an interesting page that lets you work out how much you can borrow:

http://www.alexanderhall.co.uk/mortgages/m...n-i-borrow.html

It just multiplies your salary by 5, thus encouraging you to get into too much debt. There is no 'if you take on this amount of debt you must be out of your mind' disclamer.

I put my data into that calculator - haven't done that before - freaked me out. Makes me nervous even thinking about it, actually - 'what if I just did go in and get that mortgage and spend it' - the same way that when you're on a boat a bit of you fancies chucking yourself in the sea or when a bus goes past you have a 'whoah, I might jump out in front of that' moment of giddiness. Ok, well, ahem, maybe that's just me. Mortgage calenture, I hereby dub it. 5x salary should be illegal just to prevent such fits of madness. I can't believe anyone actually goes in sane and sober and does that to themselves. Ooh, I feel a bit queasy. :unsure:

This has to be the most pathetic collection of property possible - thanks guys for bringing it to our attention.

Should there not be some law against the blatant overpricing of Foxtons? Their properties are just ridiculous.

And there have been loads of times I have looked at properties on their website and have found them listed with other agents for 10% less - who would ever arrange a viewing with them with this price differential?

I would have suggested buying the place to renovate.

But I see someone has already put down laminate flooring and painted the walls magnolia.

Oh well, there goes another business opportunity I missed. :lol:

Kirstie would be a good person to ask about these ridiculous places, she's one of the biggest promoters of the "high prices are good" argument.

ie the sooner we're all living in £1000k 500sq ft boxes the better!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Here's one in Basingstoke:

Living Area (10' 1" x 9' 8")

It even has a pull down bed!

1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS 2003 - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.

This is new, are these the type of properties sought out by the money launderers? :)

Guest prudence

I've got a bedroom in my home bigger than this flat - and it's not the master bedroom either -

teeny tiny £100K flat.

Can anyone find smaller?

That's a thousand pounds a square foot. You wouldn't even pay that for a top area....

1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS 2003 - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.

What does that mean...?

I've never bought a house, but I would have thought that at any time in the past (not just since 2003) you would have needed to prove your identity??

Buying a house isn't really the same thing as buying a loaf of bread!

So, what does that even mean? :huh: Do you show your passport to the estate agents...?

Guest Charlie The Tramp
I've never bought a house, but I would have thought that at any time in the past (not just since 2003) you would have needed to prove your identity??

I think it is aimed at those who walk into estate agents with a suitcase jammed with cash, unable to speak one word of English, and claiming their name is Alf Hawkins. :rolleyes: