House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pescouk

Bird Flu

Just a side note on media spin and focus...

Is anybody else getting increasingly irritated at all the doom and gloom in the media. Bird flu...a major

epidemic? Well i for one am not worried, after all, in recent years i have survived........

the poles reversing

the atom bomb

the ice caps melting

global dimming

iraq's weapons of mass destruction

a comet colliding with the earth

y2K bug

world war 3

salmonella

foot and mouth

cjd (mad cows desease)

aids

thames barrier breaking

fossil fuels running out (i was told this at school - apparently they would only last for thirty years)

communism

that rock on one of the canary islands breaking off and causing a mega sunami

alien invasion

a meteor hitting the earth

computers taking over the earth

I for one invite bird flu to come and have a go if it thinks it is hard enough!

Altogether now...

"Happy talkie-talkie,

Happy talk,

Talk about things you'd like to do.

You've got to have a dream,

If you dont have a dream,

How you gonna have a dream come truuueeee"

Guest The Dude

Is anybody else getting increasingly irritated at all the doom and gloom in the media. Bird flu...a major

epidemic? Well i for one am not worried, after all, in recent years i have survived........

the poles reversing

the atom bomb

the ice caps melting

global dimming

y2K bug

world war 3

salmonella

foot and mouth

cjd (mad cows desease)

aids

thames barrier breaking

fossil fuels running out (i was told this at school - apparently they would only last for thirty years)

communism

alien invasion

Agreed...all this news about Bird flu..really, is anybody scared? Let's face it...what is the point of worrying anymore about anything. Personally, the world didn't change after 9/11 or 7/7. To the average Joe Bloggs, what can he do to avert all of thisso called disaster...? Nothing. So stop worrying people.

the poles reversing

the atom bomb

the ice caps melting

global dimming

y2K bug

world war 3

salmonella

foot and mouth

cjd (mad cows desease)

aids

thames barrier breaking

communism

alien invasion

sounds like you are a survivor. :rolleyes:

anyway is fear not a form of social control and conditioning, and thats why its propagated by the powers that be?

btw ypu forgot to mention terrorism and the anthrax packed letters. (whatever happened to that one)?!?

I'm never quite convinced that these things happen by chance. I have a suspicion that Murdoch and SKY have a hand in these things to boost ratings. Imagine if you will well funded and highly trained SKY News Cells dotted around the globe waiting for a call during fallow news periods. An earthquake bomb here an assaination there, a little confusion, some (ER) 'Emergency Room' style camera work and hey presto instant scoop. Have you noticed how the anchors like Burley can hardly contain their glee when some disaster or other hits. I can imagine them going off-air having fronted something like 9/11 and 'high five-ing' all their colleagues and gulping pink champagne as thier wage packets and future prospects soar. I find their 'earnest' and 'concerened' facial arrangements far from convincing. I may however be wide of the mark, it is possible. :D

Guest growl

Imagine if you will well funded and highly trained SKY News Cells dotted around the globe waiting for a call during fallow news periods. An earthquake bomb here an assaination there, a little confusion, some (ER) 'Emergency Room' style camera work and hey presto instant scoop. ... I may however be wide of the mark, it is possible. :D

Its called foreign corespondents. :D

i think we should start some bird flu comedy.

im starting with the sound track.

ma mow mow mow.

ma ma mam mow mow.

(repeat)

everybodys heard

about the bird, i said

a chinese bird flu's

comings the word

ma mow mow mow.

ma ma mam mow mow.

(repeat)

Not on HPC. People here just love this sort of stuff. They get especially worked up if the media does not go big on these stories, assuming it is a conspiracy by VIs.

In my youth I often read "2000AD".

One story was all about a possible future where nothing happened. There was no news at all, so newspapers had headlines like "Editor opens crisp packet". In the end the newspapers murder someone, to drum up business.

Guest The Dude

Not on HPC. People here just love this sort of stuff. They get especially worked up if the media does not go big on these stories, assuming it is a conspiracy by VIs.

Congrats Bored...a nice post....wasn't quite sure where you 'came' from at first. Now I know......you're a knob. Thanks for letting me know......