House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Men Bad For Women's Waistlines

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4339758.stm

Wheres the research on the health implications of 'hen-pecked' men constantly nagged by women? :P:P:P:blink:

Are the media trying to subconsciously tell women to live alone keep their figures and... prop up house prices?? Afterall women are fascinated, nah obssessed with weight.

Guest growl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4339758.stm

Wheres the research on the health implications of 'hen-pecked' men constantly nagged by women? :P:P:P:blink:

Are the media trying to subconsciously tell women to live alone keep their figures and... prop up house prices?? Afterall women are fascinated, nah obssessed with weight.

What a load of bollo. I've gained one dress size since getting married 8 years ago. I do actually look better because I was a bit skinny before. But I see women all the time, and men who just let themselves go after a couple of years. They just pig out, eating portions that are too big, eating crappy convenience food, get in the car to go to the local shop. Basically its laziness.

Yes I know all you lard asrses out there are going to Troll me. I don't care. I'm fed up of people saying diets don't work (they don't if you give up after two weeks). Saying they can't afford a gym membership(walk to the shop...take that poor over weight dog for a walk!). At parties saying they only have to look at a chocolate to put on weight(then you spot them at the buffet for seconds and the plates piled high)

Eat three normal meals a day. Avoid convenience food. Go for a walk for an hour or so a day. Only put three items on your plate at parties. Eat proper chocolate min 45% cocoa, not mars bars(its not fattening). If you have a tall well built hubby like I do, eat half of his plate size, and drink 2/3 of what he drinks in wine and 1/2 of his beer. Beer is fattening. Which is why you get all of those greasy fat blokes with huge beer bellies..ugg.

I could rant all night about this. When are people going to take responsibility for themselves.

Well actually the HPC will do it. Recession always tend to be good for peoples dietary health.

Hmm... Have you noticed how many chubbers you see eating in public? I once watched a woman at work who is constantly "on diet" work her way through an entire tin of quality streets in an hour. I don't understand how they do it - I feel ill after eating about three of those sickly things - especially since Nestle took over from McIntosh!!

What a load of bollo. I've gained one dress size since getting married 8 years ago. I do actually look better because I was a bit skinny before. But I see women all the time, and men who just let themselves go after a couple of years. They just pig out, eating portions that are too big, eating crappy convenience food, get in the car to go to the local shop. Basically its laziness.

Yes I know all you lard asrses out there are going to Troll me. I don't care. I'm fed up of people saying diets don't work (they don't if you give up after two weeks). Saying they can't afford a gym membership(walk to the shop...take that poor over weight dog for a walk!). At parties saying they only have to look at a chocolate to put on weight(then you spot them at the buffet for seconds and the plates piled high)

Eat three normal meals a day. Avoid convenience food. Go for a walk for an hour or so a day. Only put three items on your plate at parties. Eat proper chocolate min 45% cocoa, not mars bars(its not fattening). If you have a tall well built hubby like I do, eat half of his plate size, and drink 2/3 of what he drinks in wine and 1/2 of his beer. Beer is fattening. Which is why you get all of those greasy fat blokes with huge beer bellies..ugg.

I could rant all night about this. When are people going to take responsibility for themselves.

Well actually the HPC will do it. Recession always tend to be good for peoples dietary health.

Good sound advice, unfortunately, and I think diet marketeers and their silly products are partially to blame, people seem to think that a diet is a short term couple of week process of drinking and eating low fat products after which you can get back to pigging out. Sorry but diet (just look up any dictionary) is just that, its the _normal diet of a human or animal_. Thus if your diet is soda pop, pie chips and beans twice over, well thats your diet, you are on a diet... a diet of crap! It more _lifestyle_ than diet I feel.

Hmm... Have you noticed how many chubbers you see eating in public? I once watched a woman at work who is constantly "on diet" work her way through an entire tin of quality streets in an hour. I don't understand how they do it - I feel ill after eating about three of those sickly things - especially since Nestle took over from McIntosh!!

But its a _medical_ problem. Its not their fault they compulsively eat, its their metabolism. :blink::blink::blink::P

ffs

will u get off the flippin internet and come service me??!!! :lol:

Blimey Shakes, you're not trying to stoke up the whole "women vs men" thing that HPC seems to love so much?? :D

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: how do you turn a fox into an elephant?

A: Marry her.

Boom boom. The old one's are the best.... :P

ffs

will u get off the flippin internet and come service me??!!! :lol:

Contain yourslef, I'll be down in 2 weeks to service you Dunbaby. :P:P:P:blink:

Guest growl

Good sound advice, unfortunately, and I think diet marketeers and their silly products are partially to blame, people seem to think that a diet is a short term couple of week process of drinking and eating low fat products after which you can get back to pigging out. Sorry but diet (just look up any dictionary) is just that, its the _normal diet of a human or animal_. Thus if your diet is soda pop, pie chips and beans twice over, well thats your diet, you are on a diet... a diet of crap! It more _lifestyle_ than diet I feel.

But its a _medical_ problem. Its not their fault they compulsively eat, its their metabolism. :blink::blink::blink::P

Well okay yes. I flipped a little when I saw your post earlier. All that diet guff they sell. Well that's just more convenience food. Also, when you eat a lot of sugar your blood level goes over the top and drops suddenly. Then you are craving the sugar again. Its in everything, all the convenience stuff.

That lady eating chocs, poor grade chocs as well, is really eating a load of sugar and it gets converted into fat.

If she ate proper chocolate ( I eat 46% cocoa and it not that posh black and whatever... its lidle) its not fattening and there is not so much sugar. So you don't crave it.

But most of the crap they eat is full of bad carbs and sugar. Now I'm not an Atkins freak. But in the old days people used to say about eating too many cakes and pies and pastries and chips. You could hear your granny saying 'You'll get fat!'. But there isn't that much fat in those things. But there is loads of refined carbs(apart from the chips). That's what makes people fat, the refined carbs that gives you a high, and is turned into sugar and stored as fat. Then you are tired, hungry and you reach for the nearest cheap sugar laden vegetable fat choc.

But what annoys me, and the reason I flipped earlier. Is that there is so much information out there. We are always moaning about VI's in the main forum. Always moaning about how people don't take the trouble to find out anything. Its the same with diet.

How is it that our previous generations were slimmer and more energetic(I won't say healthy, because they had their own problems... TB and the like). Yet they knew what to eat, they knew if you sat on your fat ar;se all day and ate all the time you got fat.

Also...metabolism. Ha! If you do nothing your metabolism slows down. If you exercise it naturally speeds up. But remember at school the fat kid was always...big boned...yeh right.

Now I do feel sorry for fat kids. Their parents need shooting. To me its a form of neglect. That really winds me up. I can't be arsed cooking something for my child. A yummy salad takes five minutes. And I don't mean lettuce. But no lets get a take out.

My hubby love's MacDonald's and Burgerking. But we only get one if we are on a long road trip. That's about every six months. Its a fast food treat.

Treat being the word here. Nowadays people are treating themselves every minute of the day. In a way its a comment on our economy and the HPC. They treat themselves with a large coffee and bagle from the cafe on the way to work in the car. They treat themselves at work all day long with their chocs. At lunch..the rest of the day, out to dinner or a take out in front of a dvd. Drinking every night and to excess at the weekend. Driving everywhere. Spend spend spend...lets get those new shoes, bag, car, golf membership, gadgets that they don't have time to use, house ...heck lets get another house...holiday home...nother car.

I sit on my ar;se all day. But I also go out for about an hour and a half, with the dog, walk places when I can. So you don't have to be down the gym on the treadmill. Besides its boring.

So I've no patience with these people. I don't call them in public or be rude about their weight. I'm not some skinny effort, just normal weight. But when they are going on with themselves my eyes glass over and the brain switches off.

Excess...in all matters is a symptom of our society...or lack of it(while she takes a slurp from her red wine and high grade choc bar...goes nice together ) :)

Well okay yes. I flipped a little when I saw your post earlier. All that diet guff they sell. Well that's just more convenience food. Also, when you eat a lot of sugar your blood level goes over the top and drops suddenly. Then you are craving the sugar again. Its in everything, all the convenience stuff...

Frik

:blink: that was along post...see got me ranting again. Must be all that chocalate. :unsure:

Excess...in all matters is a symptom of our society...or lack of it(while she takes a slurp from her red wine and high grade choc bar...goes nice together ) :)

Frik

:blink: that was along post...see got me ranting again. Must be all that chocalate. :unsure:

red wine and chocolate... yuck. :wacko:

....Treat being the word here. Nowadays people are treating themselves every minute of the day. In a way its a comment on our economy and the HPC. They treat themselves with a large coffee and bagle from the cafe on the way to work in the car. They treat themselves at work all day long with their chocs. At lunch..the rest of the day, out to dinner or a take out in front of a dvd. Drinking every night and to excess at the weekend. Driving everywhere. Spend spend spend...lets get those new shoes, bag, car, golf membership, gadgets that they don't have time to use, house ...heck lets get another house...holiday home...nother car.

This strikes a chord with me. I have said for along time that all these low fat ice-creams and choc bars should be done away with. It reinforces that it is okay to eat this crap all day long.

Personally ice-cream should be the full fat yummy stuff and only consumed occasionally. The same goes for all treats.

It's all pandering to the "I want it all and I'm gonna have it all" low self esteem, selfish, idiots. :angry:

NDL

You are spot on Shaker. A diet is not a one off, its a life changer. You change everything you eat for the rest of your life, allowing the odd day for Pizza or Burgers at the local takeaway.

In my line of work, being a fat overweight chubster is not an option. I tend to the opinion that unless it is a medical condition accepted in the medical Fraternity, FAT=LAZY No two ways about it.

And that goes for both male and female.

I believe it. I know frist hand that the BC pill does make you gian weight, I went off it because of just that.

Sometimes my husband does ask me to stay home with him insted of going to the gym, and he is the one who says "lets eat pizza tonight." Tho I have learned to fill up on salad & water (or diet coke) before the pizza is ready.

I do weight too much (tho not 20 stone LOL). I know that. And no I am not going to say how much.

That said, but, we have been married 17 years, had 3 kids, and I weight 8 bls more than the day we were married. Because I do go to the gym, in truth, I am in better shape.

Obesty in the US is becoming a huge problem, and not just in adults. In my kids elm school I see kids with boobs. Little kids with boobs. Type 2 diabetes...etc. The 'big bones kids" of my generation would not get a second look. Some of these kids are morbidly obese.

Problem is most people just eat rubbish all the time. Forcing it down because its there,

and eating too much of the wrong stuff, bread, rice etc.

All these low fat diets, boll****. Fat is good for you if you eat the right kinds.

Fat is good for you if you eat the right kinds.

And having some fat on your body is good for you too. Supermodels are just as unhealthy as the obese.

And having some fat on your body is good for you too. Supermodels are just as unhealthy as the obese.

I agree!! Women with a bit of meat on them look lovely, specially brunnette women ;)

I agree!! Women with a bit of meat on them look lovely, specially brunnette women ;)

Sounds like you like something to 'hold on to'. :P

Sounds like you like something to 'hold on to'. :P

Soemtimes you need to get a bit of 'purchase' :lol:

These stick thin catwalk models are no good to anyone. Most blokes prefer a few curves.

Lets be honest - you can't beat a nice pair of knockers.