House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Singing Pig, How Many Have Really Looked At It?

There is one sane poster on there, http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=25&m=70934, Dr. Bubb if you`re watching, brilliant stuff, excellent sentiments.

I`ve spent approx. 20 minutes clicking through all the forums and the topics. Please help me, these people are gone, out there with Pluto. Two things strike me as very very odd, firstly why would you invest time and effort to share your supposed business success with complete strangers on a forum, the more you surely help them the more competitive they would be and then nick your deals? Or do they need each other to constantly talk up the market place. Could it be that if you took these brainwashed fools away the market would collapse over night? There`s even the odd property evangelist spouting how a positive frame of mind will make you a property millionaire by joining an underground sect that negotiates huge discounts for off plan developments, you could not make it up, they negotiate discounts on Scotch mist.

Secondly the Pig was set up when 2002-3??!! Most of these experts started buying over the last 2-3 years, they have next to nothing in terms of equity if a modest fall of 15-20 takes place.

This one really caught my eye, cobraman, he`s like an ambulance chaser FFS!

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=42&m=81210

For the CAB I have had some A5 leaflets printed saying 'financial difficulties?' facing repossession?. We may be able to help call today freephone on 0800........

"I asked the girl in the local CAB if I could leave some leaflets and gave a brief explanation of how I could help anyone facing repossesion.She was happy to put a couple up on the notice board and the rest by the enquiries desk.

I have had 7 enquiries leading to 1 deal.

Court is more difficult,as only official sanctioned HMCS notices can be put on the notice board.Again leaflets printed this time saying 'divorce? death? facing losing your home help is at hand.

I went to the court and inserted a bundle in all the free magazines that are left there for people to read.When people pick up the magazine 20+ leaflets fall out,they pick them up and put them on the table and inevitably read one to find out what has just fallen out of their magazine.

I have had 2 enquiries from this so far but no deals.Having spent 20 years in marketing I always look at how/where I can best target the audience I am looking for.Think laterally and you will find some very inspiring ideas.

The beauty of the leaflets is low cost and you can target specific markets i.e divorce etc."

CMpigs_in_van.jpg

post-710-1129308133_thumb.jpg

There's plenty of delusional fantasists on this website too.

They rub shoulders with the bitter whingers, the blinkered and the immature.

It's getting harder to find the good posters on this website IMO.

(Please don't shout awooga! I'm just giving my honest opinion...)

:ph34r:

Your not wrong. If you look at some of the recent threads, then you could argue your worried about some peoples mental health on here. Many of those who read this board where I work have it nicknamed "The Daily Nut" as it seems to be attracting its fair share of conspiracy theorists, wannabee political figures, money market insiders with "wink wink" knowledge etc. All backed up with absolutely stuff all proof, but a lot of supposition.

Two things strike me as very very odd, firstly why would you invest time and effort to share your supposed business success with complete strangers on a forum, the more you surely help them the more competitive they would be and then nick your deals?

BTL has been a Ponzi scam for the last few years: how will you have a 'greatest fool' to sell to if you don't keep encouraging people to join at the bottom?

Your not wrong. If you look at some of the recent threads, then you could argue your worried about some peoples mental health on here. Many of those who read this board where I work have it nicknamed "The Daily Nut" as it seems to be attracting its fair share of conspiracy theorists, wannabee political figures, money market insiders with "wink wink" knowledge etc. All backed up with absolutely stuff all proof, but a lot of supposition.

Who exactly are YOU trying to impress on HPC??

"Growing up in a council scheme called "little Beirut", and leaving school with no jobs around, means I feel I have seen it from both sides of the coin."

Your 'insecurity' and 'dehumanized' demeaning manner REALLY shows in YOUR posts! :lol::lol:

No, shoutings not my style. hhmmmm...I kinda agree with you re. good posters, seems to be a lot have gone away, zzzg springs to mind who may have simply burnt himself out. However, I`m quite selective in the threads I read and moreover those I get involved in so perhaps I don`t get the delusional aspect on here as much. My current rate is 0.5 posts per day which is about where I want to be to be honest. <_< I still find this place an excellent resource and an interesting knowledge base.

Edited by Converted Lurker