House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tommyboy

Renting Dead Money

how hard is it to convince someone that renting is still a better option for me at this present time

it like selling ice to an eskimo

they just dont get the concept very easily do they

Have just printed the article from first time buyer help

hopefully this will convince them,

i am sooooo sick and tired of well you are better buying in the long term,

why cant they comprehend when i feel the market is wrong for me to buy, by renting for 2-3 more year i am quite sure my net wealth will be a lot more than if i was to buy

I have given up on wanting a crash so i can buy a property

i want a crash now, so i can go told you so and laugh in their face

bit harsh i know but its their fault trying to ram their stupid ideas down my throat for sooo long

end of rant

They're seeking a reassurance that - lets face it - you can't give. This is what it boils down too.

I'm getting subtle signs from home-owning friends, too. Sooner or later (in the pub) we're going to have to "have it out". I've been keeping quiet and hoping that the situation will make itself so apparent that *I* won't have to be the bringer of bad news.

Problem is, my friends haven't been following the market situation in my local area as I have done for the past ten months.

Edited by megaflop

The second greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world that renting is "dead money" but interest paid to a bank isn't.

The renting is dead money thing is just inherited thinking.

Even though my rent is less than the interest would be on the mortgage, and I've pointed this out to a few peeps, it just seems they have heard renting is dead money so many times it just has to be true. Morons.

Yes, that expression winds me up!

how hard is it to convince someone that renting is still a better option for me at this present time

Is rent dead money? well it depends on current HP inflation. If annual house price inflation is higher than the interest rate on your mortgage then yes, renting is dead money.

Next time someone says it, ask them to show you one HP inflation report for 2005 that is higher than an IO mortgage rate. Not to mention the very high chance that we are part of a global housing bubble about to pop.

Whatever! Be it rent or mortgage, housing is a scam manipulated by politicians, business and planners. It is one part of the overall economic slavery trap that most of us live in.

It's about subjugation.

My advice to you is don't have 'friends' that pi$$ you off with their indoctrinated, blinkered outlooks.

What ****ing business is it of theirs any how?

The renting is dead money thing is just inherited thinking.

You'd be amazed at how many people still believe that giving an injured person a cup of sweet tea as first aid is acceptable. This is also inherited thinking, and wrong.

you should nt give anybody whos injured a drink - is that right? but I cannot think of the reason why.... internal injuries might get worse?

you should nt give anybody whos injured a drink - is that right? but I cannot think of the reason why.... internal injuries might get worse?

They may need surgery and you can't knock someone out if they have just had something to eat or drink

In a nutshell, try this one...

"Renting now is short-term pain, for long-term gain."