HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This is rather amazing

He discusses it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTHeStjAPYA&feature=related

I'll try and find the original footage he's talking about, it was a segment in a larger compilation. His flights through the waterfall are also worth checking out. I've followed this guy's exploits since he flew through his friends guts on the bridge fly-by that went wrong. :o

Here it is at 3:19:

HOLA446

He discusses it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTHeStjAPYA&feature=related

I'll try and find the original footage he's talking about, it was a segment in a larger compilation. His flights through the waterfall are also worth checking out. I've followed this guy's exploits since he flew through his friends guts on the bridge fly-by that went wrong. :o

Here it is at 3:19:

Talk about tracking from 3:19 onwards - must be some adrenalin rush :lol:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

What? What happened?

"Remember whatever happens, happens."

(Video does not show actual impact.)

===

This from Jokke Sommer - mountain restaurant buzz and crack-attack, gives good idea of rate of descent and speed:

"That's the ticket!"

This wingsuit stuff is amazing, but for me what the free-climbers are doing now really shits me up. They sustain a fall-you-die mode for literally hours.

HOLA4411

I suppose it's good that this sort of thing has supplanted war heroism. At least they get to prove their manliness without anybody else suffering.

Edit: Sightly more profoundly, I wonder if the modern propensity for extreme sports has to do with the western abolition of war (for the considerate) despite our residual genetic imperative to sacrifice ourselves for the benefit of our tribe?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Ueli Steck promo video:

He's a machine. Of course he's good mates with Honnold. "I think we're going to be a good team. B)"

"You can't run on crampons. Don't do that!"

"I'm not better than anyone else, I'm just training like hell."

He's the real reason behind why you'll never go wrong with the Swissie: they already have plans to clone him. :lol:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

He did Half Dome, had breakfast and then went and climbed El Capitan. I am stunned, shocked, in awe.

Yeah, he's pretty nonchalant. The only thing that could possibly scare that guy would be making him sit in an office cubicle for hours on end.

Xavier de le Rue:

Watch the opening and then you can skip to 4:11.

"We definitely have to go back to the ice!"

Andrew McLean

This guy's been quietly living out on the edge for years.

For my next trick I will ski down this iceberg:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Archived