House Price Crash Forum

Fancy A Nice House Below 120K

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

SELL IT YOURSELF

There is a common misconception that estate agents are actually necessary to sell a house or land and that they have some involvement in the legal side of the property sale. This is not so.

cheat270907_468x594.jpg

11-Unregulated-Agents-050711.jpg

HOLA444

It amazes me that people are not using online tools such as a combination of a blog (for pictures of your house) together with google maps and google calendar (to make viewing appointments). I really thought google maps would knock EAs dead in no time.

Edited by bmf

HOLA445

As the Op says, probably a family deal, or I wonder if maybe some cash was exchanged 'under the table?'

If not, everyone else in the area better knock [another] 50% of their overinflated houses.

Kilkerrin Property

Nice Find though.

What will happen to the property market, in that part of Ireland if everyone sells their houses themselves, and they all come to a 'gentlemans' agreement, [and settle between themselves, with the buyer giving the seller an extra 20k or 30k cash under the table]?

Commonplace in France.

:D

Edit: On reflection I dont think there were any shenanigans here. I reckon it was just a straight sale for €85, 000

It wasnt that long ago, [early to mid nineties] In Ireland, you could pick up an aristocrat's hunting lodge, with a few miles of salmon fishing rights, for not much over 100k

Edited by Milton

HOLA446

As the Op says, probably a family deal, or maybe some cash 'under the table?'

If not, everyone else in the area better knock [another] 50% of their overinflated houses.

Nice Find though.

Sure - my point was regarding your aversion to estate agents. Why are people not circumventing the middleman now? Is it just that the British have to use a proxy as they fear life? Or is there some other subtle reason?

HOLA447

Sure - my point was regarding your aversion to estate agents. Why are people not circumventing the middleman now? Is it just that the British have to use a proxy as they fear life? Or is there some other subtle reason?

Tradition? Lazyness? Your guess is as good as mine.

HOLA448
HOLA449

As the Op says, probably a family deal, or I wonder if maybe some cash was exchanged 'under the table?'

Kilkerrin Property

Nice Find though.

What will happen to the property market, in that part of Ireland if everyone sells their houses themselves, and they all come to a 'gentlemans' agreement, [and settle between themselves, with the buyer giving the seller an extra 20k or 30k cash under the table]?

Commonplace in France.

:D

Edit: On reflection I dont think there were any shenanigans here. I reckon it was just a straight sale for €85, 000

It wasnt that long ago, [early to mid nineties] In Ireland, you could pick up an aristocrat's hunting lodge, with a few miles of salmon fishing rights, for not much over 100k

this house is still up for sale i gather for those wanting the quiet life,

it won,t be too long now before prices in ireland have corrected back to mid nineties levels they,re dropping around 18% per annum

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/house-prices-plummet-by-up-to-18pc-with-no-rebound-in-sight-2977665.html