House Price Crash Forum

Interesting For Sale Signs.

HOLA441

I live in Surrey and have been noticing the gradual increase in for sale signs for some time now. It is very polarised in our area and seems to be centred around the big blocks of flats at the moment. Opposite halfords in Guildford there are more for sale signs than flats!

More interesting though has been the number of supposedly "SOLD" signs I have been seing. There is an entertaining one on our street (nice terraced house) which has said for the last 3 months "Spoken For", makes me chuckle every time I walk past. I have also seen the ubiquitous "Sold STC" around a lot as well. What else have other HPCer's seen?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

A few interesting ones near me that have sprung up this year:

- "All inquiries" instead of "for sale/to let" - presume this is a BTL void that they'll take anything, rent or sell.

- "Success" - probably another way of hiding whether it's sold or rented, or indeed whether it's sold or under offer

- "Spoken for" - somehow it's both irritating and quaint at the same time

- "All offers" - again I presume it's an empty BTL and they'll take whatever they can rent or sale

HOLA449