House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Vital To All Read This

you see... in 2001 I hadn't.

I moved toward a house purchase and went for a mortgage of less then 3.5 times my salary..

Easy.... the house was mine.. no chain.. the guy was emigrating..

So now a mortgage....

Thats whn I found out that a clerical error at Barclays Bank had reported to the credit reference agencies that I had refused to pay money owed to them for five months.

I had a Barclay card, but not at the time they had made the mistake.

If you are concerned that I should not use their name I can as I have a letter from them admitting their mistake.

Too late for the house and the delay was long enough for two bedroom houses to move out of my price range..

Find out now.

Not when it is too late..

Thats what I did..

and I will always remember the tears on my girlfrinds face as we aborted our child.

I had never made a mistake financially.. But a bank had.

I still don't own a home..

If they hadn't lied I would have been able to buy in 2001 and I would have a four year old now..

Don't be complaicent.

Banks are not perfect.. and they are not concerend when they have made such an error

you may be..

I know I was..

This happens.

Experian and Equifax..

Touch base, have a look..

my Equifax file goes way back to 1966 when i was in the dmz trying to flush out charlie from the bush. we hunkered in a small ville out of na-trang in the iron triange. we had heard that the vc were holding polital meetings with regional cadres. we were on a mission to deny charlie the facility thenext day.

we swept in along a sky high convoy of hueys, each bristling with battle hungry grunts. while in and out zipped the flaster attack cobra helicopters prepping the landing zone a few miles ahead. the huey gave a heavy churn and we flared to land in the rice paddy. its was a hot lz. the next thing i was in a bed back in dan nang writing a letter home about my credit rating from equifax.

they sent me a silver star.

they sent me a silver star.

Are you sure you haven't written anything we can actually buy in a bookshop? If not, your talent is wasted... you have moved from convincing mid 70s punk adolecent to good ol' boy in Nam in 1967 with such ease...

Experian and Equifax..

Touch base, have a look..

I'm sorry to hear about your story apom - that sounds like a terrible injustice, and try to keep your chin up.

Interesting you should mention credit ratings though - I've been curious for ages what mine says, so I thought I'd take a punt at Equifax.

It listed a fair bit about my past credit agreements with my mobile phone, TV supplier and credit cards, and it even picked up a couple of times when I accidentally missed payments on a Barclaycard I used to have! :o

But overall, pleased to say no problems at all here despite some of the Electoral Roll information being screwed up .... certainly the CML have got nothing on me. :lol:

do you mean green berrys or the airbourne red berrys (Rapid Reaction Ribina battalion)

(coat on and fastened)

hey liz ? perhaps i write a special menu of love for you only ? i can adopt either my falsetto or my famous paella spanish accent, bread crumbed to your liking.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I have no credit rating. :(

Don`t need one as I have a very nice Bank. :D

Wrote out a very large cheque on the wrong account which had nowhere the funds to clear it. They phoned me to say they had cleared it and what action they should take. Just transfer the funds from x account I said and charge me the penalty fee. Not at all Mr T we had no intention of doing that, you are a trusted customer, please do not hesistate to contact us if we can be of help to you. :)

My Mastercard with them has a 50k limit.

Who needs a credit reference?

do you mean green berrys or the airbourne red berrys (Rapid Reaction Ribina battalion)

(coat on and fastened)

hey liz ? perhaps i write a special menu of love for you only ? i can adopt either my falsetto or my famous paella spanish accent, bread crumbed to your liking.

Please don't. I couldn't stand it :o and I don't understand the bread crumbing business either... but I think I would go for the paella over the falsetto :P

well you rloss lady....

im sure there are some hunky women here that would take on an old romantic like me. my ideal date would be to pick you up in a horse and carriage i brough from blackpool n a low loader. we'd gaze into the pifco side lights while toasting our night with a couple of londons gin minatures. why we could even share a cigar as we cruise down your high st crudley groping each other under the horse hair stable blanket.

after a few hours cruising its time to eat, so we head to a beefeater on the a6 nr heapey. your allowed one main and 2 sides as long as i get a full portion wed qualify for a free dessert. id insist on grey blamange or if they dont have that strawberry angel delight with 2 wafers.

after that we;d burp a bit before settling into a night back at my rented gaff watching war walks on the history channel. this week its the battle of goodwin - so youd better pipe dont between 9-10pm.

after that the romance would really start as id take the bulb out and light a couple of zip firelighters, where we would toast maynards pink shrips on the dancing flames. for a little aroma therapy i would produce your favourite kiwi cherry blossom boot polish with the left lid off. then we zip my two damp sleeping bags together and listen to some paul young to get you in the mood to take it.

and if your boyfriend or dad turn up in the morning ill kick their asses.

if you were any good i might leave you my other mobile number.

What a trip down memory lane... shades of my youth... although we weren't posh enough for the kiwi cherry blossom stuff - whatever that is ... and you left out the blue nun to go with the grey blamange... also were is Creedance Clearwater? or better still, Jesus Rodrigues (the moon is hanging by a shallow grave???) ... as for the damp sleeping bags :o ... you almost had me there (and I am good ;) ) really is my loss but there you go :lol::lol:

Edited by Elizabeth

Thanks for the warning Apom, & sorry to hear your story.

RFD seriously, you really should be writing comedy sketches.

Charlie, would we expect anything less of your uber-credit rating. It would have to be such to survive the scrutiny of the hpc mod appication procedure :)

While on the subject of banks (swines), I had a letter from the Halifax today. They had bounced an £18 direct debit as I forgot about it & went over my overdraft limit.

It said ' To cover our costs, we make a charge of £39 (maximum 3 charges per day)for any item we can't pay. We will take this money from your account 7 days from the date of this letter (dated 2 days ago - so I only have 5 days notice) If this causes you to have an unauthorised overdraft, we will also charge you interest & a monthly unauthorised fee of £28.

However if your unauthorised overdraft is £30 or less the unauthorised overdraft charge will not be applied.'

Last time i looked at their charges it was £35 not £39, so they have raised the fee 11% despite the widely publicised consumer assoc. campaign to get it reduced to £10. Is this another sign of them milking the forgetful customer to pay for increasing debt defaults ? I was outraged at the £28 monthly charge, (conveniently triggered by their own charge if I only went 50p over my limit) when I dicovered it, but this is the final straw I will be closing my account & bartering in future.