House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inbutnotthathappy

Richmond

Richmond TW10 - I admit that we bought last year although winced at what it cost us. But it seems that tiny places are still being advertised for really quite silly money even after a year of falling prices...

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?md5=192902...mit_type=search

anyone else looking at this area? thoughts?

If you're going to buy in Richmond, don't use Foxtons IMHO. They jack up the price as much as they can. I'm just about to rent in Kew - a 2 bed place - for 820 a month. Yes, i got a great deal for a lovely place, and while rent is so low, I certainly won't buy (ame place would cost me over £1k interest only). I've many, many places coming down in price around Kew though - not by much (or nearly enough for me) though.

If you're going to buy in Richmond, don't use Foxtons IMHO. They jack up the price as much as they can. I'm just about to rent in Kew - a 2 bed place - for 820 a month. Yes, i got a great deal for a lovely place, and while rent is so low, I certainly won't buy (ame place would cost me over £1k interest only). I've many, many places coming down in price around Kew though - not by much (or nearly enough for me) though.

You did very well - £820 is a very good price for a 2 bedder in Kew.

I agree about Richmond. It has always been very highly priced, and now the rest of the country has gone up, Richmond has got even more crazy.

It is a lovely area, but I would never live there as it doesn't offer enough compared to surrounding areas for the premium it commands.

Hello everyone,

I wondered if anyone has had any experience of price movements in Richmond.

I was looking in Ealing but prices seem too high for the area, Richmond seems like a nice area and property costs around the same for a 2 bed flat.

Any contributions would be great!

Hello everyone,

I wondered if anyone has had any experience of price movements in Richmond.

I was looking in Ealing but prices seem too high for the area, Richmond seems like a nice area and property costs around the same for a 2 bed flat.

Any contributions would be great!

Can't give any specifics on price movement but Richmond has a lot more going for it than Ealing (the River, Richmond Park, etc).

Given that richmond may be a magnet to "some not so affluent" on a friday night, i still wondered what experience people are having with flat prices in the area. The EA's are very bullish and even though i talk the market down to them, flats go in a matter of days. Foxtons are very overpriced and still the property sells, mad.

Does anyone know any buyers sellers and can help enlighten me?

hi all

Just outside the Kew, Richmond and Ealing area is Brentford. To this day Brentford is unfashionable, but it may be worth a look as I've noticed a lot of investment there recently. Maybe someone can confirm that there is a long term regeneration plan in place that involves opening up access to the river front from the High street. (Brentford upon Thames)

Killerbee

Up the Bees

hi all

Just outside the Kew, Richmond and Ealing area is Brentford. To this day Brentford is unfashionable, but it may be worth a look as I've noticed a lot of investment there recently. Maybe someone can confirm that there is a long term regeneration plan in place that involves opening up access to the river front from the High street. (Brentford upon Thames)

Killerbee

Up the Bees

Be carefull of kew and brentford. Burglary central.