House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rockdoctor

Tales From The Last Hpc

I was reading Boris Johnson's book "Lend me your ears", which is a collection of his newspaper articles over the past 15 years, when I came across his description of househunting while house prices were plummetting during the last house price crash.

I thought it might be an entertaining read for you all.

Boris.gif

post-158-1129205758_thumb.jpg

He's an entertaining and amusing chap.

He's no politician and the book isn't up to much, but I still thought the anecdote was worth reading.

Yeah, he's not my fav for political reasons. But he is my fav politician. :)

Edited by laughing_goat

The themes covered in his article should by now be familiar to all HPCers: the ridiculous asking prices, vendors in denial, the yawning disparity between one's parent's housing purchasing power and one's own, the ludicrous amounts of debt required to assume "ownership" of some miniscule dive in an insalubrious area. However I must disagree with his proposition that Britain joining the euro would kill HPI stone-dead; we only have to look at Ireland to see that exactly the reverse is true, the single-currency's Japanese-style negative real interest rates are like rocket fuel poured on the HPI fire.