House Price Crash Forum

Milton Keynes Affordable Housing

ONLYBONE

HOLA441

Heard on the radio this morning a potentially big scandal where a property investor has bought up a whole development of affordable housing, if it is true this could be dynamite. Should be picked up by the local press and I will update the forum as the story develops.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

You didn't seriously believe ANYTHING the government has said about "affordable housing" did you?

Why do you think that the govt. has a policy of pulling down 100,000's of houses other than to create a supply shortage?

I read this week that 50% of US jobs rely on the housing market. I wonder what the percentage is in the UK?

BTW just read your footer re the Chinese, where did you get the quote?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Tipped off a few journos. Apparently Unicoin built the homes concerned. A Mr MacGregor at the local rag first penned the story. One journo was told, by Unicoin homes, that the 'investor' reduced his investment because of the reaction. Another journo (a freelance contributor to the Guardian) friend has contacted the council planners but has not received a response yet - wanted to see what percentage of affordable homes Unicoin were obliged to provide, if any. Mmmmmmmm. Unicoin are claiming they haven't breached any agreements. Will keep you informed.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412