House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Forum Software Bug

Guest Charlie The Tramp

A few times when i reply to a post, the reply and the previous post just get merged which is very confusing ! This has happened to others and not just me.

Can you give a link to one of these..

Post 74 in the "BBC asks for £200 license" thread from yesterday was one and i think on eof mine in the same thread had the same problem. It also happened to me today but i edited it to correct it.

A few times when i reply to a post, the reply and the previous post just get merged which is very confusing ! This has happened to others and not just me.

I think it happens when you make 2 quotes in succession on the same thread.. i shall test that theory now by completing this post and then doing another post quoting charlie.

Post 1 over

This is the start of the second post.

As i am typing this is looks just like a normal quote and post, all i see is charlie's post as i am typing this.

Now to see if i've been a complete prat i shall submit this second post.

Second Post ends here.

I think it happens when you make 2 quotes in succession on the same thread.. i shall test that theory now by completing this post and then doing another post quoting charlie.

Post 1 over

As i am typing this is looks just like a normal quote and post, all i see is charlie's post as i am typing this.

Second Post ends here.

---------------------------------------Third post starts here -----------------

Well that had the outcome i was expected, it merged the two posts into one, i am now quoting myself, i would imagine it will be added to my single post again.

I think it is to keep the board tidy, the only thing i need to figure out is if it is time dependant or if it is just if there is not another post after your last post.

To test this theory i shall leave this post for 30 minutes, then post again, if it merges with this post then it means that there needs to be a blocking post, if i feel that is the case im going to pm someone to come and post on this thread then i shall post again and we shall know.

---------------------------Post 3 ends here---------------

4 Post starts here.

Ok ok i got bored waiting, 10 minutes will have to do. Lets see if it merges this with my other posts.

Post 4 ends here.

Post 1 over

Second Post ends here.

---------------------------------------Third post starts here -----------------

Well that had the outcome i was expected, it merged the two posts into one, i am now quoting myself, i would imagine it will be added to my single post again.

I think it is to keep the board tidy, the only thing i need to figure out is if it is time dependant or if it is just if there is not another post after your last post.

To test this theory i shall leave this post for 30 minutes, then post again, if it merges with this post then it means that there needs to be a blocking post, if i feel that is the case im going to pm someone to come and post on this thread then i shall post again and we shall know.

---------------------------Post 3 ends here---------------

------------- 5th post starts here---------------

I sooned it on the 4th post, i was supposed to quote but i just done a straight forwards post, now if this post doesnt get added to my main post then it means that its just a time factor between posts.

---------------5th post ends here--------------

4 Post starts here.

Ok ok i got bored waiting, 10 minutes will have to do. Lets see if it merges this with my other posts.

Post 4 ends here.

------------- 5th post starts here---------------

I sooned it on the 4th post, i was supposed to quote but i just done a straight forwards post, now if this post doesnt get added to my main post then it means that its just a time factor between posts.

---------------5th post ends here--------------

-------------------------------- 6th and final Post-----------------------------

Well there we have it, posts get joined together when you post in quick succession, i left it about 15 minutes and that was long enough to register it as a seperate post. I was suggest it is not a bug but just a way of keeping the forums tidy.

That being said there is actually a bug with placing smileys

Type a sentence then press return to start a new line (.)

Like so, now move the cursor back up to the end of the first line and try to put a smiley there ... You cant! (unless you do it manually). I have just tried to put a smiley on the top line where i have put (.) . Look where it ends up! :ph34r:

Can you tell im bored?

Guest consa

It could be that the webmaster hasn't upgraded the forum to 2.1.3 yet, come on Webmaster this fixes the bugs!!

There is a problem with smilies that 2.1.3 fixes but the original issue of lumping all the replies together within a set amount of time is an enahancement and not a bug to keep the forums tidy and I think it's working well.

Upgrading to 2.1.3 is on my list of things to do.