House Price Crash Forum

Breaking....26 Countries Agree

Fishman

HOLA441

If the UK was no longer part of the EU then:

We could control immigration as we chose regardless of the country of origin.

We could save ourselves however many £Bn we pay the EU

We could abolish the human rights act and so do away with all the petty beauracratic nonsense and grossly unfair anti-common-sense results it produces.

...and probably much more too.

Can anyone name a benefit we derive from being in the EU.

My yearly boozecruise, and seriously that is all I can see as a positive.

I like Merkel's face, she has committed political suicide at home, her party made unelectable. Nice :D

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It's a done deal - if any member state of the EU runs a structural deficit greater than 3% of its GDP then Merkel and Sarkozy will take turns to spank the bottom of that state's EU-appointed leader until it turns purple, before the German taxpayer pays the bill.

The Italian techno cyber-govermnent are very happy with this arrangement because they're not at all like that bounder Berlusconi and they are supremely confident that their borrowing requirement is within 3% of Italy's €729 quadrillion GDP.

Surely it's only a matter of time before the ECB starts printing.

I might raise a glass of champers tonight in response to today's events...

Edited by THEBIGMAN

HOLA443

It's a done deal - if any member state of the EU runs a structural deficit greater than 3% of its GDP then Merkel and Sarkozy will take turns to spank the bottom of that state's EU-appointed leader until it turns purple, before the German taxpayer pays the bill.

The Italian techno cyber-govermnent are very happy with this arrangement because they're not at all like that bounder Berlusconi and they are supremely confident that their borrowing requirement is within 3% of Italy's €729 quadrillion GDP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this deja vu all over again? Thought that 3% and all that was what you had to achieve to get in to the Euro club way back when I was a lad. Is there only me that remembers this or did it never happen. Anybody?

HOLA444

Irrelevant? Apart from being the holiday home of the global rich, it has the Commonwealth and the English speaking nations. Plenty of nations aren't in the EU and they survive and even prosper.

Europe has been divided for so long it is hard to see how powerful it would become if united. It's the biggest economy in the world, As for the rich City boys, I can't help but think of Hong Kong and China, I don't think Europe would wait very long before taking all that business home via taxation and regulations and I can't see what the UK could do about it. Since Europe's inception the UK's power has been based on divisions within Europe, lots of them crafted and maintained by the UK itself.

HOLA445
HOLA446

A spot of Rompuy-Pompuy?

HOLA447

Where have you been the last few months? :)

You don't seem to appreciate what these guys have done recently and what last night's agreement means. Two countries people agreed to give up their everyone else's sovereignty in full for example and now all 26 of them other people are agreeing to the same. What more do you want?

corrected for you.

Edited by alexw

HOLA448

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this deja vu all over again? Thought that 3% and all that was what you had to achieve to get in to the Euro club way back when I was a lad. Is there only me that remembers this or did it never happen. Anybody?

Yep, the really funny thig about all this is that it's being treated as the end-game of the crisis, when in fact this is just another quick chat before the next f-up.

No behaviour is going to change. When the Greeks/Italians spunk it all over the place next time there'll be a talking to behind closed doors and the can kicked further down the road. The people most likely to be on the streets next will be the Germans.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm not sure. Personally, I think this is déja vu all over again. I was under the impression that under 3% or so was what you had to achieve to get in to the Euro club way back in the 1990s. Is it only me that recalls this, or has two decades of alcohol abuse addled my memory? Anybody?

HOLA4411

I'm not sure. Personally, I think this is déja vu all over again. I was under the impression that under 3% or so was what you had to achieve to get in to the Euro club way back in the 1990s. Is it only me that recalls this, or has two decades of alcohol abuse addled my memory? Anybody?

Seems that the 3% limit was too high as well in retrospect.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

This is true. I remember that. It would seem that rules for joining were either fudged, bent or ignored.

Glad Cameron said 'non,' though I did think it was to protect the bankers rather than for the general interests of the country. This is not a man I can trust - though I can't think of any politician I have faith in - a Treaty Referendum would be the last thing the establishment would want.

The analogy of missing out on a trip on the Titanic works for me; our ship is the Britannic.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If the UK was no longer part of the EU then:

We could control immigration as we chose regardless of the country of origin.

We could save ourselves however many £Bn we pay the EU

We could abolish the human rights act and so do away with all the petty beauracratic nonsense and grossly unfair anti-common-sense results it produces.

...and probably much more too.

Can anyone name a benefit we derive from being in the EU.

Well according to those nice people at the OBR. If we do not allow mass immigration our economy would suffer.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

So the majority view is that this is bad news for a UK HPC? Cameron has acted in the best interests of the UK's banking sector, removing one of the few limitations they might have faced?

oh do come on, do you really think house prices, council tax levels and anything else are going to be rempotely sustainable in the icy siberian economic winter that is on our door step.

this is a lose lose and then lose some more for the UK bankers and their groupy politicians, they lose if we stay out (big time) and they lose if we stay in (big time).

still, great victory for call me Dave not.

The Merkozy has got him by the short and curlys and those banksters, the party is well and truly over now.

HOLA4425

oh do come on, do you really think house prices, council tax levels and anything else are going to be rempotely sustainable in the icy siberian economic winter that is on our door step.

this is a lose lose and then lose some more for the UK bankers and their groupy politicians, they lose if we stay out (big time) and they lose if we stay in (big time).

still, great victory for call me Dave not.

The Merkozy has got him by the short and curlys and those banksters, the party is well and truly over now.

I'm not sure anyone's under the impression that it's going to be an easy road but the benefit of being out now out ways being in. At least our destiny is now in our own hands which I'd much rather prefer than being reliant on the likes of the French and Greeks.