House Price Crash Forum

Bulletproof Armour

pl1

It's not just the riots but in recent years I've become aware of the number of seemingly trivial incidents that have led to people being stabbed to death in the street, on the bus or anywhere. Nowhere seems immune. Has anyone any experince with stab resistant clothing outside of a basic Google search and shopping cart Website? I know you can buy under-clothing vests, but they seem cumbersome, maybe if you were going into bandit country, but the whole point is you never know when some nutter with a knife to grind would strike. Armour built into clothing seems a better choice and you have a better chance of wearing it when it matters. Any ideas? Who owns some?

Just don't go out. Ever.

In these days of internet shopping and Tesco home deliveries who needs stab vests?

I like the one that offers neck and groin protection too. "Which will stop .44 magnum and all lesser rounds". Jaysus!

Just don't go out. Ever.

In these days of internet shopping and Tesco home deliveries who needs stab vests?

I like the one that offers neck and groin protection too. "Which will stop .44 magnum and all lesser rounds". Jaysus!

My balls can do that. Yippee-kay-yay-mutha-fúcker

Any ideas? Who owns some?

I tested some last year, the issue as you have already pointed out is that they are bulky, especially stab vests. However they do work exceptionally well.

This is the article we did

http://www.archers-review.com/magazine-articles/June-2010-huge-and-the-bodkin

Apologies for the formatting, it was written under a different format and ported across and I haven't had time to convert it.

We didn't cover it in the review but we tested the stab and ballistic vests with a massive knife, stab vest was very impressive. My only fear would be if somebody was hell bend on stabbing you they would just go for the neck/leg, equally as lethal.

Archived