House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ExeC

2 Billion Extra To Help The Economy!

I'm off to the pub now to contribute to the £2billion. It's good to know that I'm helping save the economy.

A team like this? no way! Look at their performance days ago.

I had to laugh at this. The VIs are getting desperate!

I'm sure the world cup will be blamed for falling house prices, just like the pope, cricket, hot summer, general election, bombings...

Er, isnt a lot of this going to be spent in Germany. Even more good news for the German economy built on sound fundamentals of savings and exporting

I heard an infuriating Radio 4 item a few days ago about the impact of the new government in Germany. A UK economist was giving his views on how the Germans were "hoarding" cash, not spending and borrowing enough. Apparently the problem is they fear their jobs are not terribly secure and are saving for a rainy day.

And that is criticised!!!!

I heard an infuriating Radio 4 item a few days ago about the impact of the new government in Germany. A UK economist was giving his views on how the Germans were "hoarding" cash, not spending and borrowing enough. Apparently the problem is they fear their jobs are not terribly secure and are saving for a rainy day.

And that is criticised!!!!

Probably goes back to the American saying that went something like 'each dollar you save puts an american out of work'.

Nonsense of course, but then the mantra is that the poor should borrow their way into more povety to make the rich richer.

I contributed £5.80. I am a true hero of the nation. That was a fun game, the pub was half filled with polish (the nationality, not the wood shining thing). They were excellent sports as we waved them off at the end of the game, they even learned our songs.

*Cheerio cheerio cheerio!*

Guest Bart of Darkness
England's qualification for the World Cup finals in Germany next year has signalled a boost for the economy.

Clutching at straws or what?

fans could still spend up to £897 million supporting their team – and possibly more if they need to drown their sorrows if England makes a premature exit from the World Cup.

What do you mean if? Now that really is money in the tills.

"Despite talk that football crowd numbers are dwindling, our research has indicated a potential surge in support from a new fan base – people with high incomes and expensive tastes.

Does this "support" extend any further than watching the occasional game on TV?

Can't see many "people with high incomes and expensive tastes" roughing it in the queue for a chicken balti pie down at Bramhall Lane or similar venues.

Not exactly cutting edge stuff on Money is it. One of the links further down reads Endorsements boosts celebs' earnings

Who woulda thunk it?

"fans could still spend up to £897 million supporting their team."

wow the vi crystal ball is getting really accurate these days

Yes we may SPEND more, but the true effect will be loss of productivity.

Everyone getting p1ssed, days off work, sending emails with mpegs of goals.

Doesn't sound like much of a boost to the economy to me!