House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
southernchick

Percentage Of Asking Price

Hey,

I've not posted on here for ages (since I bought my house, at a bargain price, and have been too busy decorating and turning it into my fab home), so dont know if this has been covered yet:

An often quoted statistic is percentage of asking price acheived.

As the majority of properties in my region have been dropping in asking price over the past 14 months, this masks the real drop. A house returned to the market at £575 this week. It was up for £600 15 months ago, but didnt sell. If they get 500 for it (fair market price, IMHO) it will show as 87% rather than the 83% it has actually changed by.

My point is that vested interests can quote percentage of asking price acheived, which masks previous drops.

SC

Hey,

I've not posted on here for ages (since I bought my house, at a bargain price, and have been too busy decorating and turning it into my fab home), so dont know if this has been covered yet:

Have you invited Beeny over? :lol: