House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide +0.4% Mom +1.6% Yoy

rantnrave

HOLA441

Me too, it was on teletext on the BBC today.

Time to complain I think, not the BBC by the press complaints commission.

Can anyone who cares email them/write to them today ?

It's also quite shocking that they don't even mention the Land Registry figures in that NW article.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

And the NWs southern bias becomes even more apparent..

Also, with the government's firstbuy scheme encouraging mortgaged FTBs to pay over the odds for newbuilds, I would have expected that to skew the NW (and Halifax) figures to a greater extent than the LR (which includes cash purchases) too.

Speaking of the bbc, I noticed yesterday they had the LR figures as 160,000 - only a pound out but a psychologically much bigger difference. Interesting...

Very interesting, if you extrapolate the Land Registry forward to Summer 2037 the average house price will be 10K, but for the Nationwide by this time the average price will be 520K, i think it fundamentally highlights northerners need to get rid of their outside loos to promote kerb appeal or get left behind

HOLA444

And the NWs southern bias becomes even more apparent..

Also, with the government's firstbuy scheme encouraging mortgaged FTBs to pay over the odds for newbuilds, I would have expected that to skew the NW (and Halifax) figures to a greater extent than the LR (which includes cash purchases) too.

Speaking of the bbc, I noticed yesterday they had the LR figures as 160,000 - only a pound out but a psychologically much bigger difference. Interesting...

I don't think nationwide has a southern bias. Prices are falling here too! I think it's more likely that they only lend to affluent buyers with big deposits who are more likely to buy bigger houses. Although they should adjust for this.

HOLA445

It annoyed me this morning to see this broadcast on the banner on the BBC news site (the scrolling area at the top)

How come the land registry figures yesterday showing a drop were buried on the business page

The BBC is a total disgrace!!

All very odd isn't it

But for what it's worth I am not that often seeing asking price rises if at all, what seems to sell appears to be reduced

HOLA446

It annoyed me this morning to see this broadcast on the banner on the BBC news site (the scrolling area at the top)

How come the land registry figures yesterday showing a drop were buried on the business page

The BBC is a total disgrace!!

check out the "who wants to be a millionaire" story further down the page.......

HOLA447

check out the "who wants to be a millionaire" story further down the page.......

Excellent, look at them. This one? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15256999

Please PM me for a free e-book on how to be a millionaire in 30 days. Yes 30 days! Tracey who tried it says "it worked for me, it can work for YOU!" No outlay, work from home, all legal - results guaranteed!

(£2500 payable for follow up course)

HOLA448

From the millionaire article!

David and Shirley Harwood, who own 29 properties valued between £4 and £4.5m also made their fortune using the Kiyosaki method, and now teach it. Their "passive" income is between £36,000 and £40,000 (wow ****king wow!) a year from their rentals and bring in about £100,000 a year as consultants and teachers.

Between us earn a lot more teaching others, prob about £60,000 for David and £40,000 for Shirley. "That well exceeds what we earnt in our ordinary lives and jobs."

Ramp property, ramp the f**ker!!!!

Edited by Money Spinner

HOLA449

Time to complain I think, not the BBC by the press complaints commission.

Can anyone who cares email them/write to them today ?

The BBC complants form is here

My complaint... "On 28th November, the Land Registry house price survey showed annual and monthly falls in house prices. This news was not present on the BBC News front page, rather it was buried in the Business section. However, today (29th November) the Nationwide house price survey which shows a rise in prices, is reported on the banner on the main BBC News page. This is not the first time such bias has been evident, indeed presenters on your news programme often make remarks about rising house prices being a good thing. High and or rising property prices are not a good thing - apart from pricing out first time buyers, they lead to higher mortgage and rent costs which stifle the economy. The main beneficiaries of rising prices are Buy to Let landlords, which makes me wonder whether the BBC has a vested interested in pumping house prices due to a majority of senior staff being BTL landlords."

Have not yet tracked down the PCC one yet.

Edited by Guest

HOLA4410

David and Shirley Harwood, who own 29 properties valued between £4 and £4.5m also made their fortune using the Kiyosaki method, and now teach it. Their "passive" income is between £36,000 and £40,000 (wow ****king wow!) a year from their rentals and bring in about £100,000 a year as consultants and teachers.

Between us earn a lot more teaching others, prob about £60,000 for David and £40,000 for Shirley. "That well exceeds what we earnt in our ordinary lives and jobs."

so they make less than 1% yield, and I suspect that is an exagerration

and they pull in money from being wealth experts, allegedly, whihc itself is probably predicated on them having got lucky with interest rates and DSS tennants:

She says: "It's up to you what you make of your life. If you are happy with your life and quite content with where you are there's nothing wrong with that and don't think that someone that thinks everyone should be moving forward tell you that, because if we all did what we did, the world would be very unbalanced.

"We need the people who don't want to go out to work and be DSS tenants, otherwise we wouldn't have those tenants in our properties."

I don't mean to point out the f*cking obvious, but suppose DSS incomes were to drop, and suppose commercial IRs were to go up, just a little bit, say something, in both cases, to do with the UK's structural deficit affecting both govt spending (down) and also commercial IRs (up)

I'm not saying it will happen, you know DSS income falling and IRs going up, just a smidgeon, but if it does then they are royally f*cked

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

"Niki Duffy, from New Romney, Kent, began looking for alternative ways of thinking and reading wealth creation books when her nephew developed cancer.

She estimates she has spent around £50,000 on attending the seminars after she fell in love with the idea of "multiple streams of income".

She says that despite spending an inheritance on the schemes, she couldn't stop and began paying for them on her credit cards. "We got to brink of bankruptcy, nearly lost our home, nearly lost everything. But we're coming back from that," she says.""

Hang on, so they get into debt, learning how to make money? :blink::blink::o:o:lol::lol:

HOLA4413

Don't they normally make a bigger fuss over NW and HAlifax than LR though, regardless of direction?

HOLA4414

"Niki Duffy, from New Romney, Kent, began looking for alternative ways of thinking and reading wealth creation books when her nephew developed cancer.

She estimates she has spent around £50,000 on attending the seminars after she fell in love with the idea of "multiple streams of income".

She says that despite spending an inheritance on the schemes, she couldn't stop and began paying for them on her credit cards. "We got to brink of bankruptcy, nearly lost our home, nearly lost everything. But we're coming back from that," she says.""

she did that whilst her nephew suffered from cancer?

grrrrrrrrrrrr

HOLA4415

Here's how it works - to save you money. You don't need no fancy course.

E.g. Passive income:

BTL running cost per year £8000

Rental income per year £8001

Passive income CASHFLOW = +£1

Now if you have 1,000,000 BTLs, thats £1,000,000 income per year! Or £83K per month!

Same with dividend paying shares, being a sleeping partner in a business, royalities from books or films etc.

An asset puts money in your pocket, a liability costs you money.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Hang on, so they get into debt, learning how to make money? :blink::blink::o:o:lol::lol:

Taking on debt to make money is a no brainer as long as private debt is expanding in an economy, you dont make billions without some hefty debt leverage at work. Add to that the govt has actively/and still does encourage this via the tax system debt can be a great thing, of course its rather important to understand the dynamics of what makes it work which is where alot of the johnny come latelies have slipped up, it obviously helps taking on debt in the right thing aswell for maximum effect, but that isnt essential.

This wealth guru boom going hyper in the last decade is simply a social side effect of a maturing credit cycle

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4419

This sounds like the definition of a ponzi scheme. These people spend £50k on courses and come up with running courses. Maybe I should run courses - hmmmm

HOLA4420

And meanwhile back on planet earth, nothing is selling and prices are dropping. It is going to be all over the media today unlike the land registry figures this week.

I am just off to bang my head off the wall.

And as predicted, it's made front page news on the BBC, unlike yesterday's Land Registry report.

Here's the complaint I have sent to the BBC:

On Monday 28th November, the Land Registry report for October was published. This is the most comprehensive survey of UK house prices by far and it showed the biggest fall for two years. This news warranted space on the Business pages only.

The next day, the far smaller Nationwide report showed a much smaller swing of 0.4% up. In reality, this was nearly all due to seasonal adjusting, with the number actually less than 0.1% up on the previous month's figure. THIS HAS BEEN GIVEN FRONT PAGE NEWS STATUS.

Time after time, the BBC demonstrates a bias towards house prices rises being 'good' and falls being 'bad'. Irresponsible mortgage lending by the banks inflating personal debt and destroying their balance sheets are what has got this country in the economic mess it is in. There are millions of young people who cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and cheer every fall in the data that shows a fall. The time for your reporting to reflect this has long long long since passed. Your readers are not all Buy To Let owners in London!

HOLA4421

More emphasis on the small Nationwide rise than the considerably larger drops reported by Hometrack and Land Registry figures.

Little wonder that people selling their houses still believe they are rising in value and won't accept offers below asking prices.

How confusing is this?

The Land Reg report never made it off the Business Pages. Given the scale of their data and the fact that this was the biggest fall for two years, this should have been given more prominence.

The Nationwide, up less than 0.1% in non-seasonally adjusted terms, has been given front page news status, a breaking news item and is currently the 5th most popular story on the BBC news website.

I have already contacted the BBC in regard to this clear bias and requested a reply (which i will post here if I get it, which I doubt).

HOLA4422

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/Nov_2011.pdf

Sideways action:

“House prices have remained surprisingly resilient in recent

months, despite the deterioration in the economic outlook.

But, with the UK economic recovery expected to remain

sluggish well into 2012, house price growth is likely to

remain soft, with prices moving sideways or drifting

modestly lower over the next twelve months.”

But, with the UK economic recovery expected to remain

sluggish well into 2012, house price growth is likely to

remain soft, with prices moving sideways or drifting

modestly lower over the next twelve months.”

What a statement,Just shows desperation

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Thank you for your letter. Ok it's a fair cop. Sure we're biased, but it isn't illegal is it? We're not killing anyone or hurting animals. We all have BTLs. And we have the power to ramp what ever we like, and there's diddly squat you can do about it. Oh dear not going to pay your TV licence are you? Boo hoo. Join the rest of the dead beats sat at home on a cold winters evening grumbling about being poor and bored. Let's see how long you last without football, Eastenders, and other things that make you fit in and normal with the rest of society. See you in a few weeks. Muahahaha.

Anyway what the hell am I doing here, we're on strike today. Lets see what other BTLs I can find today.

HOLA4425