House Price Crash Forum

Strikes On Wednesday

SarahBell

HOLA441

you cant have exponential pension commitments...it will bust as resources are NOT exponential, although money could be, but that is a token of resource, not the resource.

I said retirement provision, it was you that automatically jumped up and shouted the P word.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Well we share a car park with Ofqual, they have a massive picket line of 4 people stood in the car park where none of the general public will see them. Its a bit chilly so I'm sure they'll go home soon :D

We share an office with the Dept of Work and Pensions (for themselves!!!) They've got a few pickets outside handing out leaflets.

Fwewer people on the train in today, but not a massive difference.

Looking forward to the big rally in London today - must get some fake fivers printed off to hand out !

:P

HOLA443
HOLA444

Whenever I hear the word "competitive" used it sounds like someone wants to push people into slave labour

I bet you were against streaming in schools too.

May I suggest people who think this way buy as much stuff as they can whilst they still can, cos, frankly, if they had their way, they'ds be unable to afford much of waht we consider affordable. The only thing that makes them believe otherwise is the shield of a currency forged on the back of empire, a shield now rapidly crumbling. That empire currency is what keeps them in ipods and plasmas, and its strength comes from a time when we did do competition.

We've long since abandoned that ethic, other than perhaps in pointless games. Now it's the east who aren't playing around.

HOLA445
HOLA446

May I suggest people who think this way buy as much stuff as they can whilst they still can, cos, frankly, if they had their way, they'ds be unable to afford much of waht we consider affordable. The only thing that makes them believe otherwise is the shield of a currency forged on the back of empire, a shield now rapidly crumbling. That empire currency is what keeps them in ipods and plasmas, and its strength comes from a time when we did do competition.

We've long since abandoned that ethic, other than perhaps in pointless games. Now it's the east who aren't playing around.

Eh?

We never did competition.

We invaded parts of the globe, ransacked them, enslaved their populations, traded slaves etc etc but we neved did competition.

Same as the US didn't either. The Dutch/British/Germans/Scots simply knicked an entire continent, murdered anyone who stopped them and herded them into compounds.

You've been reading too many Adam Smith fairy tales.

HOLA447

Eh?

We invaded parts of the globe, ransacked them, enslaved their populations, traded slaves etc etc but we neved did competition.

Same as the US didn't either. The Dutch/British/Germans/Scots simply knicked an entire continent, murdered anyone who stopped them and herded them into compounds.

sorry, I thought that WAS competition...the beating of rivals.

HOLA448

sorry, I thought that WAS competition...the beating of rivals.

You think theft and violence is competition? Do what we say or we'll kill you? Wow.

Streaming in schools isn't competition either - it's intellectual cleansing. Fee paying schools are financial cleansing.

So when the US army drops thousands of tons of ordnance into Baghdad that's competition?

You've lost me there Bloo.

HOLA449

ah, care homes and food parcels for all.

What?!

Oh you again missed the original point, and there's me giving yo uthe benefit of the doubt.

Realign capital returns to labour productivity. Eliminate welfare by removing the need for it. Unfortunately this will involve getting rid of the precious few who ride on the backs of everyone else (public or private), but we're all in this together after all.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You think theft and violence is competition? Do what we say or we'll kill you? Wow.

Streaming in schools isn't competition either - it's intellectual cleansing. Fee paying schools are financial cleansing.

So when the US army drops thousands of tons of ordnance into Baghdad that's competition?

You've lost me there Bloo.

sense of humour been bypassed today Mr Knight?

Then again, the whole reason for an arms race is to be able to beat the enemy....so yes, bigger bombs are a competition, and if you want to compete for resources that arent on your land, well the modern thing to do is introduce banking sanctions and threaten daily to unleash your Isreali "allies" jet force.

although quite why Israel is our ally I have no idea...except of course we plopped them there in the first place.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4412

What?!

Oh you again missed the original point, and there's me giving yo uthe benefit of the doubt.

Realign capital returns to labour productivity. Eliminate welfare by removing the need for it. Unfortunately this will involve getting rid of the precious few who ride on the backs of everyone else (public or private), but we're all in this together after all.

I did miss your point, and you are the second to point it out.

I am obliged for the clarification...although I would argue that we all fall on hard times and there is a need for a social safety net....there is one, but the sefl employed dont get access to it.

HOLA4413

If you think that streaming in schools is a suitable analogy then you don't understand the issue - streaming is nothing to do with competition.

Funnily enough I don't buy tons of stuff. What I do worry about is the aspect about this whole concept of competition as generally held up by those who think that they'll be standing on the top of the heap after a bloody cut-throat battle. That is incredibly unhealthy. That strengh came from when we got ourselves into a position to ruthlessly trample others so we ended up on top of the heap. Now that is, of course, pushing towards the extreme end of things, but unfortunately far too many people seem only capable of dealing with opposites, black-and-white, whatever you want to call it, and most of the time neither end is a particularly appealing position. Certainly those who chant out "competition" seem to be that kind of thinker. If you're not going to let it get past a healthy level then fine.

HOLA4414

What I do worry about is the aspect about this whole concept of competition as generally held up by those who think that they'll be standing on the top of the heap after a bloody cut-throat battle.

I think the word 'competition' as used by the political right isn't really understood by those on the left.

Competition is really just a synonym for choice and flexibility. It isn't necessary for there to be a winner or a loser, or even much actual competing.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Eh?

I`m lost and feel I have been living on a parallel planet for years, out of wrong doing, when corrected leads to freedom and a successful future as knowledge and education is gained by learning from your past Masters. :unsure:<_<

HOLA4418

Whenever I hear the word "competitive" used it sounds like someone wants to push people into slave labour so a few can make themselves very rich thank you very much, probably buggering up a lot and causing all sorts of long-term problems. It smacks of the other extreme. I would much prefer it if we could try to aim for comfortable sustainability, which we'd be perfectly capable of right now if we weren't constantly caught up in a battle between the lazy and the greedy.

Surely you can understand being competitive in business is a prerequisite to survive.

Greed ultimately brings downfall in any area but I am talking about trying to live in a nation where we can sell our products and services to the rest of the world to the extent that our trade deficit is small of no longer a deficit

Wanting a relatively larger pension and having to do less for it could easily be construed as being lazy and greedy

HOLA4419

I think the word 'competition' as used by the political right isn't really understood by those on the left.

Competition is really just a synonym for choice and flexibility. It isn't necessary for there to be a winner or a loser, or even much actual competing.

In a nutshell!

HOLA4420