House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
suggs

More Drops In House Prices On The Way.

I Am new on here however i have read with great interest a lot of the threads and Topics within the Forum For What Its worth IMO There is going to be a big drop in the value of property over the duration of the next 5 years.

I Am new on here however i have read with great interest a lot of the threads and Topics within the Forum For What Its worth IMO There is going to be a big drop in the value of property over the duration of the next 5 years.

What on top of the 30% real term drop we've already had....sounds lovely to me...welcome aboard...you'll will fit right in here :lol:

That's just Madness

What on top of the 30% real term drop we've already had....sounds lovely to me...welcome aboard...you'll will fit right in here :lol:

Looking at the possible break up of the Euro the mass youth unemployment GDP Growth slashed its all looking like a real mess i predict that House prices will drop at least 30% from where they are now over the next few years.

Id advise anyone even thinking of buying to rent there are no ties no debt and no slave to a lender who charges fortunes in interest costs and no net loss each month as you watch your hard earned deposit wither away.

I Am now more convinced than ever we are on the edge of a cliff re property prices no one wants to lend even those by some minor miracle that can access finance are frightened to buy because prices are going down I Am predicting big drops over the next 2 years with sales volumes going to an all time low.

Welcome to the site - some of the other posters are just teasing you. Don't take them too seriously. We are all here because we believe there may be a drop in house prices - some of us have been here for nearly 5 years and seen drops of 52% already.

Yes i have seen these levels as well and it will get worse property is the worst place to put your money right now i honestly can see another 30% drop maybee more beforte it bottoms out.

Yes i have seen these levels as well and it will get worse property is the worst place to put your money right now i honestly can see another 30% drop maybee more beforte it bottoms out.

30% nominal or real terms? Agree we've seen falls of up to 40% off 2007 prices in nominal terms (particularly at the bottom end of the market), with prices back at levels seen in 2003/2004, but I'm not sure we're going to see much more nominal falls where FTB's can now buy themselves a starter home for good old 3.5x income multiples.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone who buys a place now will see it increase in value by any serious amount over the next five years. However at the bottom end it can be cheaper to buy than to rent, plus you can decorate the place how you like it and don't have a section 21 wielding landlord hanging over you (obviously maintenance costs are the counter argument, but in life there are always pros and cons).

Of course places like Milngavie, Bearsden, Newton Mearns etc are a completely different world, and have a hell of a lot to fall if they are to become affordable to either FTB's with big deposits or 2nd or 3rd time buyers who got on "the ladder" during the boom.

Edited by Jie Bie

30% nominal or real terms? Agree we've seen falls of up to 40% off 2007 prices in nominal terms (particularly at the bottom end of the market), with prices back at levels seen in 2003/2004, but I'm not sure we're going to see much more nominal falls where FTB's can now buy themselves a starter home for good old 3.5x income multiples.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone who buys a place now will see it increase in value by any serious amount over the next five years. However at the bottom end it can be cheaper to buy than to rent, plus you can decorate the place how you like it and don't have a section 21 wielding landlord hanging over you (obviously maintenance costs are the counter argument, but in life there are always pros and cons).

Of course places like Milngavie, Bearsden, Newton Mearns etc are a completely different world, and have a hell of a lot to fall if they are to become affordable to either FTB's with big deposits or 2nd or 3rd time buyers who got on "the ladder" during the boom.

From where i see things in Edinburgh new build flats have been hammered the most down around 60% from peak bubble but still out of reach for most 1st time buyers.

Also its interesting to se many properties advertised below home report price biggest reduction i seen was 25k below home report which was a 2 bed ex council house in PrestonPans valued at 120k reduced to 95k for quick sale.

This trend will drive property prices down as surveyors will have no option to value the next house in the area that goes up for sale at the price of the last sale in the street therefor the market is driving itself down and it is the EAs who are driving it with there advice and desperation to get there percent sales fees.

Yes don't buy now or your girl might be mad at you