House Price Crash Forum

Young 'cannot Afford' First Homes

homeless

HOLA441

I can IPOD, and if I came from a money'd background, where I inherited the means to do what I do, then i would perhps feel guilty. However, I did not, I simply worked hard and grabbed my chances where I found them. I never did anything illegal, and I dont cheat my taxes.

So I can assure you, I sleep just fine at night.

Oh, and Minimula, as for you derogatory post; I could pick holes in that on so many levels pal its unreal! :P

Maybe, just maybe, these "bulls" turn up, read the same old stiffling load of old rollox as has beed posted, and think "nah...no debate here, just rhetoric. Other things I could be doing" and leave?

Gets a little like a commie party meeting at times..same signers, same song. Ad infinitum. Sorry for dropping some debate amongst the ranks.

Edited by billy-g

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest rigsby II

If he wants to live in an area where flats only cost £30K then good luck to him.

Oh the irony.

Moaning about house prices being too high - they're unaffordable - boo-hoo

There is an area where prices are reasonable - they're too sh*it for me - turns up nose in disgust

HOLA443

Oh, and Minimula, as for you derogatory post; I could pick holes in that on so many levels pal its unreal! :P

It wasn't meant to be derogatory - someone has to provide housing to people at the bottom of the social pile, people happy to live in a £30K council flat and I think that it's great that people like you are doing it. Well done.

HOLA444

Your right Rigsby; dont be to hard on him though, I think he struggles a little with the written word does our 'mula.

Read the post dear chap; I dont live in that area, MY TENANTS DO.

Silly boy :rolleyes:

Minimula, assuming you were being sincere, I wholehearedly withdraw my last comment.

HOLA445

Obviously mate; check my cloven hoofs out, real bitch to type with those.

It makes me laugh at times though when I talk to friends who moved away to the big city (London) when they graduated, and are now pulling 120, or even 160k a year in one case, who dont have as good a lifestyle as I do. I sure dont earn 160k - not even 120k yet.

Thats why my sister, a health visitor, moved back up from London. She was fed up renting, and wanted to own. Horses for courses.

Just as long as everyones happy, they'll feel less of a need to have a pop if they do. But hey, I dont mind :D

So where is this happy land of cheap houses?

Where are you (you don't have to be specific)? :blink:

HOLA446

Your right Rigsby; dont be to hard on him though, I think he struggles a little with the written word does our 'mula.

Read the post dear chap; I dont live in that area, MY TENANTS DO.

Silly boy :rolleyes:

Minimula, assuming you were being sincere, I wholehearedly withdraw my last comment.

You're so arrogant. he's well within his rights to misquote you if he wants :lol:

HOLA447

If you have a look around the Glasgow-Edinburgh M8 corridor, you can find them around there. £30k is not an auction price BTW, at auction they go cheaper.

If you like I'll dig some examples, and PM them to you. There is a lot of decently paid work up here as well. Also, 40k PA up here is like 80k PA in some parts of the Uk in terms of living standards.

UNDERPRESSURETOBUY, you have a PM my friend.

HOLA448

If you have a look around the Glasgow-Edinburgh M8 corridor, you can find them around there. £30k is not an auction price BTW, at auction they go cheaper.

If you like I'll dig some examples, and PM them to you. There is a lot of decently paid work up here as well. Also, 40k PA up here is like 80k PA in some parts of the Uk in terms of living standards.

Billy I have a Scottish girlfriend who would dearly love to live back near her parents. They are about 15 miles West Edinburgh. Linlithgow is it?

How much is a decent 3 bed family house costing up there at the mo?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I can well believe that prices in that area are low, for Scotland as a whole the average is £117,000 however, the south east (excluding London) of England averages £223,000 (per LR data via BBC). Whilst prices in Scotland still look like good value other parts of the country now look ridiculous on a pure price earnings ratio.

I can see that BTL can still make money in that area however down here your BTL for £30,000 would cost £130,000 for the same £550 a month (I'm paying that and the identical house next door is on the market). It is perhaps not surprising that we hold such different views when, essentially, we are looking at totally different markets.

HOLA4411

I can well believe that prices in that area are low, for Scotland as a whole the average is £117,000 however, the south east (excluding London) of England averages £223,000 (per LR data via BBC). Whilst prices in Scotland still look like good value other parts of the country now look ridiculous on a pure price earnings ratio.

I can see that BTL can still make money in that area however down here your BTL for £30,000 would cost £130,000 for the same £550 a month (I'm paying that and the identical house next door is on the market). It is perhaps not surprising that we hold such different views when, essentially, we are looking at totally different markets.

Very true Young Goat. Hopefully others will be mature enough to consider that in future before they go in with both feet and an attitude. :D

All friends again? ;)

HOLA4412

1. what was your wage at 25 ?

2. how much was your house at 25 ?

1. 26k - was armed forces, so fairly okayish wage.

2. 45k - needed lots of work doing, so I did.

I'm 31 BTW if that helps.

hmmmn..., so in 1999 it was this!(multiple of 2 x wage)

Roll on to 2005 (only 6 years) and we get (in my area) 5x Wage

1. Average wage:@ 15k

2. Average basic 2-bed starter terrace: @70k

Yep, it sure looks like house prices were difficult 6 years ago, it's a piece of piss now

B):rolleyes: