House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

Reluctant (Deluded) Lanlords On The Rise

the cost of renting in Boston is going balistic, due to a steady stream of EU and other people arriving daily. consequently im seeing more property in fairly nice areas, that have been on the market for a few months starting to go reluctant landlord. one 3 bed detached has two signs on it one for sale and one now showing let by. another that had been for sale about a year ago, before they gave up, has now got to let on it, and thats a 5 bed detached.

on a side note, a property that i think was for sale then to let, is now boarded up and its a huge probably 6 bed place with an integrated double garage:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cp=17&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=304+Sleaford+Road&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1251&bih=713&wrapid=tljp132145407133200&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48780bce7c652211:0x130e1ca8bd4761c0,304+Sleaford+Rd,+Boston+PE21+7&gl=uk&ei=98nDTuu1OtO68gPV-fyhCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

its the house behind the trees, if you use street view. the last house but one before the level crossing. so much for a lack of housing in the UK.

Edited by cypher007

the cost of renting in Boston is going balistic, due to a steady stream of EU and other people arriving daily. consequently im seeing more property in fairly nice areas, that have been on the market for a few months starting to go reluctant landlord. one 3 bed detached has two signs on it one for sale and one now showing let by. another that had been for sale about a year ago, before they gave up, has now got to let on it, and thats a 5 bed detached.

on a side note, a property that i think was for sale then to let, is now boarded up and its a huge probably 6 bed place with an integrated double garage:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cp=17&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=304+Sleaford+Road&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1251&bih=713&wrapid=tljp132145407133200&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48780bce7c652211:0x130e1ca8bd4761c0,304+Sleaford+Rd,+Boston+PE21+7&gl=uk&ei=98nDTuu1OtO68gPV-fyhCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

its the house behind the trees, if you use street view. the last house but one before the level crossing. so much for a lack of housing in the UK.

Yup

i,m in south yorks, lots of properties with dual signs but most are because they can niether sell or rent, lots of for rent only signs up as well, i work in a factory were there are a lot of foreign workers both EU and none EU and a lot now are complaining about how the jobs market has turned for the worse (some could get the sack from factory and start at another the day after) They are not all good workers as many would try and make you believe, but thats another story.. I have seen some go back and suspect others will follow in the long term.

the cost of renting in Boston is going balistic, due to a steady stream of EU and other people arriving daily...

...so much for a lack of housing in the UK.

Huh??

Boston, UK

Worth cycling 40 miles in a head wind to visit, according to Sir John Betjeman. Although he was referring to the church rather than the town. And, having cycled into Fen headwinds, I thinks he exaggerated.

Worth cycling 40 miles in a head wind to visit, according to Sir John Betjeman. Although he was referring to the church rather than the town. And, having cycled into Fen headwinds, I thinks he exaggerated.

You can see the Boston Stump for miles. Used to audit a cash and carry there in a previous life.

Yep, I know where it is. :lol:

Just wondered why rents would be going ballistic if there was no shortage of housing...

lack of mortgages for FTB's, so the EU and Local people are now competing for small terraced houses, not 6 bedders as i showed in my example. i was trying show how a nice large 6 bedder could just be boarded up and left by some bonker owner, who is presumably waiting for house prices to rise.

Edited by cypher007