House Price Crash Forum

Very Cold Winter Or Very Mild Winter On The Way

chris25

HOLA441

I am watching Scrooged with Bill Murray - ****** the weather.

1291852946_10.jpg

Billy Goats Gruff - Bleat Bleat

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Pole Temp Rising

(ever 'got it' thinking about their witty 'lap dancers' idea?

(lap-lander + 'dancer' was a reindeer (ie horny) :P)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Another hurricane in sunny Jockland. 102MPH winds in Edinburgh today. :o

Some places look like a tornado has hit them. My local park is a mess. Probably about 10 huge trees down - never mind all the other branches and the rest of it. Seen bits of wood and all sorts about. Already seen 2 trampolines having been flung out of gardens just within 500m of my flat. Roofs blown off all over the place.

I think I preferred last years weather. Cold but nice and calm enough.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Another hurricane in sunny Jockland. 102MPH winds in Edinburgh today. :o

Some places look like a tornado has hit them. My local park is a mess. Probably about 10 huge trees down - never mind all the other branches and the rest of it. Seen bits of wood and all sorts about. Already seen 2 trampolines having been flung out of gardens just within 500m of my flat. Roofs blown off all over the place.

I think I preferred last years weather. Cold but nice and calm enough.

I was up the Old Man of Coniston , Cumbria last Wednesday and actually feared for my life the gusts of wind were so strong. We came down because of it. I've never felt anything like that before. Don't know what the wind speed was but certainly far far in excess of anything I've experienced. A bit like a prolonged 20 second bomb blast every 1 minute. Exciting though.

HOLA449

Interesting article by George Monbiot on the politicisation of weather forecasting:

The Met Office, like the BBC, is the subject of intense tabloid hostility, because it refuses to accept the consensus in the rightwing press that manmade climate change is a myth. Perversely, it prefers to rely on data. The incompetence of the Met Office and the superior skills of other forecasters is now part of the litany of climate change denial. Weather forecasting, in the hands of the press, has become a political science.

HOLA4410

Yep

Met orrifice (and the crap that is purged thru their whiffy data) have computer's software programmed to provide 'proof' of their mass consensus of MM-CChange

Up till 6 months before Copenhagen was meant to "Cement their Scam"

Dept of Defence had provided years of false funding for Met office to come up with stuff to provide 'proof' of MMGWarming! :P

On another note as I said to someone a few posts back

- another 'spike' in rising temps at the North Pole coincides with massive Gales and storms a few days down the line for us (never noted this before <_<)

HOLA4411

Yep

Met orrifice (and the crap that is purged thru their whiffy data) have computer's software programmed to provide 'proof' of their mass consensus of MM-CChange

Up till 6 months before Copenhagen was meant to "Cement their Scam"

Dept of Defence had provided years of false funding for Met office to come up with stuff to provide 'proof' of MMGWarming! :P

On another note as I said to someone a few posts back

- another 'spike' in rising temps at the North Pole coincides with massive Gales and storms a few days down the line for us (never noted this before <_<)

So by your reckoning some decent cold weather is on its way?

HOLA4412

So by your reckoning some decent cold weather is on its way?

Wrong - it's only an indicator and part of the picture

Only the lord knows!

Any heavy cold air could be displaced over USA, Russia, Mongolia, anywhere

The Arctic :

The Arctic sea ice decreased to a record low level in 2007, since satellite observations began in 1979. The decline in the Arctic sea ice from 2005 to 2007 was caused by winds, according to a NASA study. Atmospheric pressure conditions set up wind patterns that compressed the old thick sea ice, loaded it into the Transpolar Drift Stream and then increased its flow rate out of the Arctic along East Greenland. By this the perennial thick sea ice in March 2007 essentially was confined by winds to the Arctic Ocean north of Canada. Consequently, most of the Arctic Ocean was dominated by thinner seasonal ice than usual, melting faster. In addition, this thin ice is more easily compressed and responds more quickly to being pushed out of the Arctic by winds. This thinner seasonal ice conditions facilitated ice loss, leading to the 2007 record low amount of total Arctic sea ice.

The Antarctic:

The Antarctic sea ice increased to a record high level in 2007, since satellite observations began in 1979. Part of the explation for this development is presumably the cold 2007 winter in the Southern Hemisphere, with cold and snow records set in Australia, South America and Africa.

http://www.climate4y...%20ice%20extent

HOLA4413

Hmmm..

So, that would explain why the HadCRUT dataset gives a lower value for temperature rise than NASA GISS dataset (or the BEST dataset).

It's sometimes fully (in a comedy-tragic sort of way), because on one hand the hadley center is routinely villified on the basis of some out of context emails.. but the temperature record they produce is used as first choice by the denialati because their graph has a lower slope and hence more noise to play with. Doublethink at it's finest..

HOLA4414

Hmmm..

So, that would explain why the HadCRUT dataset gives a lower value for temperature rise than NASA GISS dataset (or the BEST dataset).

It's sometimes fully (in a comedy-tragic sort of way), because on one hand the hadley center is routinely villified on the basis of some out of context emails.. but the temperature record they produce is used as first choice by the denialati because their graph has a lower slope and hence more noise to play with. Doublethink at it's finest..

Did anyone predict a very windy winter?

The real comedy is "Wind" (which contains CO2) destroyed the thicker Arctic ice packs

"Gone with the Wind" - someone up above has a sense of humour!

Archived