15 November 2011

* Price changed: from '£315,000' to '£325,000'

09 October 2011

* Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

19 August 2011

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

11 August 2011

* Initial entry found.

Obviously putting the price up will help sell it.

EDIT: Missed the link off:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19643505.html

Still...nearby, not so optimistic:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20140335.html?premiumA=true

15 November 2011

* Price changed: £430,000 Offers in Excess of £400,000

Maybe they will meet in the middle :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

For improved printing including floorplans use the print button on the page

print button

4 bedroom detached house for sale

£325,000

Flora Thompson Drive, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, MK16

15 November 2011

09 October 2011

19 August 2011

11 August 2011

* Initial entry found.

Im not certain of the logic behind this but they seem to use this tactic a lot round my way too :unsure:

Im not certain of the logic behind this but they seem to use this tactic a lot round my way too :unsure:

Panic the buyer that pulled out maybe, cant see any other reason for it.....force them into selling a kidney to raise extra funds.

:lol:

I see this tactic now and again, invariably 1 month later the price is dropped again.

Aahh... Presumably the sale fell through as the buyers mortgage surveyour said that the house was too expensive. Given that the naive buyer had offered full asking then clearly the answer to have a higher initial asking, and then you have the ability to drop the price 10k when the surveyour says that its too high again...

Aahh... Presumably the sale fell through as the buyers mortgage surveyour said that the house was too expensive. Given that the naive buyer had offered full asking then clearly the answer to have a higher initial asking, and then you have the ability to drop the price 10k when the surveyour says that its too high again...

Quite possibly.

A friend of mine in NH's sale has just fallen through today...they're keen to move and have dropped their price 5K and listed it as "open to offers"....the first example above, from the outside looks like someone who is kite flying and really just wants to milk a buyer for all they are worth. However, it's impossible to say for sure.

We need more house sellers to post on here with their experiences.

My last house sale was long winded and 1took 15 months...agents over-valued, eventually drop price to realistic, got offer 10% under asking, got them up to 5% under, more than I paid so went for their had 4 week completion, moved out and was happy to go, they probably thought they were getting a bargain, but the northern rock collapsed a week later.

The agents I sold with were easy to work with as a buyer, no sign of any scams or gimmicks then.

As a hort anecdote, the house is question has now been up for sale again for almost 2 years, they bought in 2007 ( PEAK ) and started to try to re-sell £70K more than they paid despite a 20% crash!!! T

hey are now down to 20K below what they paid and going no where fast. A similar house sold (SSTC) very nearby for 80K less last month.

This shows though how much agents are over-valuing and nothing less than a 20% offer is sensible.

print button

£325,000

15 November 2011

09 October 2011

19 August 2011

11 August 2011

* Initial entry found.

Quite, I've noticed a few of these around my way lately, obviously factoring in their xmas credit card bills, what could go wrong! :blink:

Still cheered myself up for a moment by taking a look at property snake, 2 and half pages of pink in the BH areas I'm looking at, however when you look at the detail it's £10k off a £370k asking price, whats the fracking point of that!!! T****sers

Talking of property snake reminded me, i've not played the property snake game for a long time....i.e. go to the site and see how many pages of drops you get in a specific area.

In 2008 most weeks had 50+ paged of drops ( for Northants )

2009, 2010 that became much rarer....

Today, first check for many a month and I see a welcome 50+ pages of drops:

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/1147/50/updated_date_desc

Hooray for the crash.

It's the DFS model, where nobody is expected to pay the ludicrous asking price but innumerate plonkers think they are getting a bargain if they can say "and we got 20% off!"

We looked at a place in March this year. Up for £235,000. Seller was old couple, just got in the door when they were telling us how it was 'priced to sell'. Fast forward to now after a summer where it was stuck as SSTC and now they have listed it with a new EA at £240,000. Just cannot understand that kind of mentality.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31267990.html

36042_DAR110521_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.JPG

One property I viewed was originally on at £220,000. It was reduced to £200,000 and then again to £180,000.

Then for some reason the vendor upped it back to £200,000 during the August holidays when there were no buyers anyway. Now it is back down to £190,000. The schizoid vendor.

We looked at a place in March this year. Up for £235,000. Seller was old couple, just got in the door when they were telling us how it was 'priced to sell'. Fast forward to now after a summer where it was stuck as SSTC and now they have listed it with a new EA at £240,000. Just cannot understand that kind of mentality.

They're not going to give it away, oh no!

Those gold taps and disabled aids in the bathroom cost them a bomb.

Edited by crashmonitor

Quite, I've noticed a few of these around my way lately, obviously factoring in their xmas credit card bills, what could go wrong! :blink:

Still cheered myself up for a moment by taking a look at property snake, 2 and half pages of pink in the BH areas I'm looking at, however when you look at the detail it's £10k off a £370k asking price, whats the fracking point of that!!! T****sers

That site along with Property Bee make the buyers so powerful. I've seen loads delisting then listing again to appear new to market presumably :huh:

Agreed that a 10K drop on 370K asking is a joke. Personally it would make me judge the sellers as muppets, likely to have trouble with them.

In my area 10% drops common but still listed 360 or 720 days later. Who sells a house for two years and doesn't get it that the asking price is unrealistic. More to the point, what EA would continue to waste their time marketing. Put a sudden sharp price drop and it may sell. But I wouldn't bet on it.

It is still cheaper than March if you factor in inflation at around 5%.

I have ntoiced that bungalows under £250k sell quickly around my way (East Sussex) as they are ideal move-down bets for people retiring or selling up a familly house and wanting to go minimilist like myself and the desire for minimalism.

20% off asking? we were interested in a property, but havent sold yet, until we found out from another interested party, who also hadnt sold, that the seller wanted offers no less than £170k, it was up for £175k :blink: . anyway the seller had tried to sell it 2 years before but it fell through twice. this time he didnt get a sniff and has now taken it off the market. we need higher interest rates Merv :angry: .

20% off asking? we were interested in a property, but havent sold yet, until we found out from another interested party, who also hadnt sold, that the seller wanted offers no less than £170k, it was up for £175k :blink: . anyway the seller had tried to sell it 2 years before but it fell through twice. this time he didnt get a sniff and has now taken it off the market. we need higher interest rates Merv :angry: .

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The E.As should be boards stating: NOT REALLY FOR SALE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The E.As should be boards stating: NOT REALLY FOR SALE.

:) . yeah the problem is there's loads like them around Boston. most either get lucky with a daft southner who'll pay the asking, a bit of reluctant landlording, or just get fed up and take it off the market. as there's no pressure on most of the 40+ year old's that have detached houses round here, to sell them, due to the fact they probably bought when they were worth 10% of there current value and have long since paid off there mortgages. they can just wait out the market. cant blaim them really i suppose.

Edited by cypher007

print button

£325,000

15 November 2011

09 October 2011

19 August 2011

11 August 2011

* Initial entry found.

EDIT: Missed the link off:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19643505.html

Still...nearby, not so optimistic:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20140335.html?premiumA=true

15 November 2011

* Price changed: £430,000 Offers in Excess of £400,000

Maybe they will meet in the middle :lol:

maybe there trying the Argos put the price up for a month and then have a "sale".