House Price Crash Forum

Italian Bonds Back Over 7%

rantnrave

Anyone see Paxo bash Mandelslime on Newsnight last night? Paxo hit him with his numerous praisings of the 'success' of the euro, and the Dark Lord refused to accept he was wrong. Instead he urged closer integration with Europe.

Maybe if the EU itself collapses over the euro, he will lose his fat cat European pension? We can but hope.

Game on again...

I live in Switzerland, I know some very high-up bankers as they have holiday homes near me.

• All money withdrawn from eurobonds / eurozone.

• Hatches battoned down and welded up as well.

• Giving 50/50 chance that it all blows up before Xmas.

When push comes to shove expecting Germany to call it quits first.

Edited by Simon Brown

Of course, yesterday evening the BBC News was telling the nation that 'the markets' had apparently 'approved' the anointing of 'Super Mario' as the next Italian PM, despite the fact that the borrowing rate for Italy had risen on the day. Who cares about inconvenient facts when you've got a story to tell, eh?

I wonder when 'the Markets' are imposing higher borrowing (and therefore interest) rates for the UK will they be portrayed in such a light? Oh, but I was of course forgetting that it's only Europe that has a debt crisis unlike the UK which is sitting pretty, right?

I live in Switzerland, I know some very high-up bankers as they have holiday homes near me.

• All money withdrawn from eurobonds / eurozone.
  • Hatches battoned down and welded up as well.
  • Giving 50/50 chance that it all blows up before Xmas.

When push comes to shove expecting Germany to call it quits first.

Would ING or triodos, both based in Holland I think, be considered risky places to keep cash?