House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Bank's King To Strike Gloomy Note On Economy

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/11/14/uk-britain-boe-preview-idUKTRE7AD1I120111114

Bank of England Governor Mervyn King looks set to provide a gloomy outlook for Britain's economy when he presents the Bank's quarterly forecasts on Wednesday as the euro zone crisis rumbles on and signs mount of a looming recession.

The central bank is widely expected to slash its growth forecast for the coming year, and economists are keen to see how far the policymakers think inflation will come down -- key for assessing whether more quantitative easing is on the cards.

King already called the current turmoil the worst financial crisis since the 1930s Depression when he explained why the Bank decided in early October to pump another 75 billion pounds into the economy.

Shocking news, it's like he's laying the ground work to print even more monopoly money for the bankers/govt.

Can't wait until we are at Weimar levels of the central bank providing 90% of cash to cover govt expenditure. It's where we are heading.

Shocking news, it's like he's laying the ground work to print even more monopoly money for the bankers/govt.

Can't wait until we are at Weimar levels of the central bank providing 90% of cash to cover govt expenditure. It's where we are heading.

I sure hope so. The future's looking very shiny.

I sure hope so. The future's looking very shiny.

Lets hope they have not thought of that and intend to take all the shinny stuff off the proles by crashing it to $100's an ounce :blink:

Then we would all be in GoldPriceCrash forum :P

Lets hope they have not thought of that and intend to take all the shinny stuff off the proles by crashing it to $100's an ounce :blink:

Then we would all be in GoldPriceCrash forum :P

More importantly I hope if your buying gold you are getting the physical stuff and hiding it rather than getting a bit of paper saying you own a bit of gold.

Why would they crash it, they'll just confiscate.

More importantly I hope if your buying gold you are getting the physical stuff and hiding it rather than getting a bit of paper saying you own a bit of gold.

What are the best suggestions for honest vendors of physical gold and silver at the proper prices in small enough quantities to walk off with? Most of us can't afford bars of the stuff!

Agreed, they will do both.

Do you think the people who sell all these bonds to the cb are going down tescos on a hysterical splurge - outbidding yourself on everything?

Perhaps they are buying things which you are very unlikely to buy. You must be a believer in trickle down - because it would be the same mechanism?