House Price Crash Forum

Filling Out Modern Job Application Forms

anonguest

HOLA441

That's news to me and I've spent time on government procurement on both sides of the fence in recent years.

Even if it is true, it's hard to argue with those principles, is it not, unless you believe workforces should be clones of each other, and that latent talent should be stifled? Those things are in place for sound business reasons rather than some PC conspiracy.

Admittedly your last example sounds ridiculous.

yes, all good things a good business does..I mean you dont hire people to not make use of their talents....of course, this all started in the Public sectors where they have battalions of people NLP'd into spouting this claptrap like no business ever thought about exploiting their workers to the max.

Heres another quote to show its POLICY.

"Ensuring that diversity is at the heart of your tendering and business processes will set out your commitment to the diversity strategy and will bring with it a range of benefits, including winning new customers, improving community relations and establishing your organisation as an employer of choice."

those new customers are those that REQUIRE Diversity in the tenders.

I kid you not, for the class on how to tender to the Public sector we had FOUR Diversity bods telling us why they do what they do.....there was even a £10K grant (matched by us of course) to take on a Unit "advisor" and have a undergraduate do a study on how to improve diversity in our organisation. And the enthusiasm these young people had....100% misplaced, 100% brainwashed.

No takers on the night.

It was a real eyeopener for me...It was despairing to see the ZEAL these people had, with not one having sat and sold to a customer or made a product...but boy, did they have some powerpoint skills.

Oh, and you say you never came accross it from both sides:

6. Prepare for audits

Public sector contractors may want to audit or check how far you are fulfilling your policies on diversity and equality, training and supplier diversity, as detailed in your contracts with them. You should maintain records of your performance that cover:

• The composition of the firm, by job and by grade, or level, in terms of age, disability, faith, gender, race, sexual orientation and part-time working.

• The equality and diversity training you have given your workforce and contractors, such as what training was given, to whom and when.

• Which of your direct or indirect sub-contractors is minority-owned.

• Any communication or consultation with local communities, including when it took place, with whom or with what body and what it was about.

• Ensure that each of your direct and indirect subcontractors understands that you expect them to maintain their own equivalent performance records and provide all reasonable co-operation with the audit of check.

cost upon cost upon cost.

Edited by Bloo Loo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It was a real eyeopener for me...It was despairing to see the ZEAL these people had, with not one having sat and sold to a customer or made a product...but boy, did they have some powerpoint skills.

What they lack in real world experience they seem to make up in "Business Breakfasts" though. :rolleyes:

HOLA443

...started in the Public sectors where they have battalions of people NLP'd into spouting this claptrap like no business ever thought about exploiting their workers to the max.

//

And the enthusiasm these young people had....100% misplaced, 100% brainwashed.

Quite a scary yet unsurprising post. Fear, confusion and doubt. The Fabian way.

Most people simply don't think in those terms, so it is not an issue for them, until they are asked to prove they understand diversity.

I had an interview for council job in once, one of the question was on diversity, ironic that I was being interviewed by three, white women who I dare say knew a less about the job in question than I did.

The culture of being 'offended' on behalf of others and somehow this being culturally enshrined, is actually offensive to normal, decent people.

The change in this country in just a few short years is quite staggering.

HOLA444

An abundance of anything leads to fetishes and abuse- look at the west's relationship with food in recent times. I walked into a supermarket not so long ago and was handed a wire basket by a young woman who had apparently become such a cheap commodity that it made sense to her employers to have her stand at the door handing out baskets to people who were perfectly capable of picking up their own baskets.

She had been reduced to a role that was little more than ceremonial, a throwaway gesture to ingratiate the public.

"A greeter", or probably a "Lead Customer Receptacle Adviser Person" (L CRAP) on the job title description.

HOLA445

My wife put up with this diversity crap for years.

She worked in the operating theatres of a major teaching hospital, at night, 12 hour shifts to cover all seven days of the week on a 14-day cycle. One her her colleagues belonged to one of those religions who had to be indoors by 5pm on a Friday, so she could never work her shift on a Friday. That meant her colleagues including my wife had to arrange shift patterns to cover that, which meant that their weekends were scuppered.

It couldn't be challenged of course.