House Price Crash Forum

Our New Best Friends..

apom

HOLA441

If this is an estate agent

http://community.channel4.com/groupee/foru.../2470018292/p/3

Foxtons EA

I can advise you I am actively telling sellers to reduce their prices below the lowest in their location or I won't even contemplate taking on the property.

The only way this market is going to get moving again is to get the prices down fast to realistic and affordable levels.

I laid off 35 staff last week with more in the pipeline, we have cut back on advertising and are even e-mailing property details to customers to keep costs down.

This market is falling around us and I can't really see how it will stop.

According to my inside information the HPI figure is going negative by year end and this gives me grave concerns for business.

Anyone that thinks house prices are not going to fall are mistaken, I have many EA friends and we are all starting to talk the market down, it is either we do that or we face ruin, we are collaborating to effectively knock 10% immediately off peoples expected price and pitch it below the cheapest(more if necessary)

If anyone wants to argue which way the market is going, it's down!! by how much? as much as it takes to save our estate agencies quickly.

HOLA442

Foxtons EA

I can advise you I am actively telling sellers to reduce their prices below the lowest in their location or I won't even contemplate taking on the property.

The only way this market is going to get moving again is to get the prices down fast to realistic and affordable levels.

I laid off 35 staff last week with more in the pipeline, we have cut back on advertising and are even e-mailing property details to customers to keep costs down.

According to my inside information the HPI figure is going negative by year end and this gives me grave concerns for business.

Anyone that thinks house prices are not going to fall are mistaken, I have many EA friends and we are all starting to talk the market down, it is either we do that or we face ruin, we are collaborating to effectively knock 10% immediately off peoples expected price and pitch it below the cheapest(more if necessary)

If anyone wants to argue which way the market is going, it's down!! by how much? as much as it takes to save our estate agencies quickly.

Was that written by one of you lot one of your other guises. If so, well done!

HOLA443

Well perhaps..

It could have been anyone..

Gordon Brown may be posting on here for all we know..

But imagine you are an estate agent.. you get paid per sale...

There are far fewer properties selling.

so how do you sell your properties..

They talked it up and now they will talk it down.

They get paid regardless of costs.. and sales volumes matter far more then percentages.

If you were an estate agent.. what would you be doing...?

Advising to sell high and wait..

Or sell low and sell fast..

When would you be getting paid...? if you were an estate agent.?

They may not do this.. But I would think it odd if they did not..

They are loosing money and jobs..

fast.

HOLA444

"If anyone wants to argue which way the market is going, it's down!! by how much? as much as it takes to save our estate agencies quickly."

It may be a nasty streak in me today, and the fact that I'm in no hurry and renting a lovely cottage with stunning countryside views on two hundred acres of private farm land of which I have free roam all for £550 a month and no water rates, that I really hope the market holds firm for long enough to make these parasites lose their jobs.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Foxtons EA

I don't believe it either. However where I live there is one Estate Agent that claims to be doing better than ever before, because they will not over-value and so avoid all the hard to shift stock.

Other EAs that are still at or near year old valuations are (according to this EA) not making sales.

I don't know whether this is EA hype, but at the least it is interesting to see the mentality of even EAs if this is the way they brag now.

HOLA447

In the last crash this is exactly what EAs did. It took a while to sink in - EAs are used to busy periods followed by lulls - but after they have had a lull for a year they can't ignore reality any longer.

Last time round after 18 months on the market an EA came round and after the initial baloney said, almost aggressively.

'Okay, I am prepared to put this on the market for 150k - not a penny more. If you want it on at a higher price get another agent to sell it (I had already had several). Our commission is 2%. Take it or leave it.

I moaned and said, 'Why 2%, it used to be 1%'.

He said, 'We don't sell much now, at 1% we can't make a living.'

I don't know if that is an EA on that forum or not - it sounds like one. They are many things but not completely stupid. After a year or two of an over-priced, stagnant, don't sell many properties market - things have to be talked back down.

HOLA448

Foxtons EA

A quick perusal of Foxton's website reveals that the above is almost certainly a wind-up. The asking prices for the area I live in seem as absurd as ever.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

As much as I believe in the cause, I think that going on to a forum and posting under false pretences is lame.

So is deleting posts for no reason and banning loads of fellow HPC'ers for no reason. If they want a false forum I am willing to help, think what you like.

Edited by consa

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

As much as I believe in the cause, I think that going on to a forum and posting under false pretences is lame.

True but the c4 muppets have taunted bears for months now with pathetic bans and censorship.

f*** 'em sex.GIF

Edited by shakerbaby

HOLA4419

I have to agree..

a little naughty...

but nice one...

hell the government just told us that a massive housing shortage is going to cripple the young..

as if there is one..

There isn't here.. not in devon..

to be honest the massive prices here compared to the south east.. when compared to the really little wages..

Its caused an exodus.. wages in the south east are 30% higher at least.. there are more jobs.. and your houses are cheaper..

Where do you think our young have been heading..

new developments are like a ghost town here.

HOLA4420

Fair point in normal circumstances, but I think C4 forum warrant a special case given their censorship & mod muppetry.

The irony that Consa runs another forum is rather amusing as well. Perhaps consa should reveal himself to C4 as the **** masked avenger ( or revenger if they banned you) :)

HOLA4421

So is deleting posts for no reason and banning loads of fellow HPC'ers for no reason. If they want a false forum I am willing to help, think what you like.

I agree their practices of deleting bearish stuff wasn't right. Although as far as I understand it these practices are no longer going on to the same extent as they were - there's a lot more bearish stuff on there now which is not being deleted.

I still didn't really think your joke was funny, I have helped run a forum myself before and have experience of people pretending to be who they're not, and sometimes it can get sinister. It just spoils the discussion.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Not only lame, it wastes people's time and undermines the thin layer of trust that holds these forums together. Consa, stop being a twit. If you don't like their forum get off it.

I said all I am going to say about it, personal insult is not called for, you are entitled to your opinion-good idea to get off your high horse and keep it to yourself

I still didn't really think your joke was funny, I have helped run a forum myself before and have experience of people pretending to be who they're not, and sometimes it can get sinister. It just spoils the discussion.

Lighten up WL, they don't have anything worth dicussing anyway unless you like tablecloths and laminate flooring :lol:

HOLA4424

I said all I am going to say about it, personal insult is not called for, you are entitled to your opinion-good idea to get off your high horse and keep it to yourself

Lighten up WL, they don't have anything worth dicussing anyway unless you like tablecloths and laminate flooring :lol:

You wasting my time reading lies you write makes you a twit. Fact. Grow up.

HOLA4425

You wasting my time reading lies you write makes you a twit. Fact. Grow up.

You waste your own time reading VI lies every day

get a life arseh#le.

Edited by consa