House Price Crash Forum

Totalitarian State - Examples

ccc

HOLA441

Totalitarian example - letter received yesterday.

About a week ago I was driving home and 2 ladies, who must have been into their 80's pointed what looked like a hair dryer at me. They were in luminous jackets and it was clearly a speed gun. I may have been going just over 30, maybe 35. I never really speed.

Anyway, yesterday, I got a letter from Cheshire constabulary. It was headed with my offence, my reg, my time and place of offence. All very official. I was thinking, ******, that's 3 points and £60, what a ball ache. Then, right at the bottom of the letter it states that actually I'd be spied by 2 community volunteers and I should this letter as a 'written warning' or next time I could face consequences.

I am all for controlling traffic, but is it just me, but I prefer this to be done by trained police officers with properly calibrated equipment, as opposed to what was literally two old ladies, a very shaky hand and a hairdryer. Why the ****** am I getting threats that look official from the results of a day out for Ethel and Ada?

I suspect the Speedwatch initiative is a trial run.

Within 5 years time these little old ladies will be able to issue real traffic fines.

There's nothing more our masters want than a Stasi state, where no one trusts anyone else as they may be a government informer.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

You have the right to:

Free speech

Public assembly

Anything extra to that and there's a good chance of being shot.

You also have the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government but I would hardly call 60/70s USA tyrannical. In fact they were spending lives fighting tyranny. An idea lost on those communist fifth columnists.

You wouldn't think 60s/70s USA was tynannical, but do others have the right to believe they were?

HOLA443

You have the right to:

Free speech

Public assembly

Anything extra to that and there's a good chance of being shot.

You also have the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government but I would hardly call 60/70s USA tyrannical. In fact they were spending lives fighting tyranny. An idea lost on those communist fifth columnists.

Presumably you also agree that the Governments of North Korea, Iran, Cuba, China and Somalia all have the duty to execute civilian protesters who throw stones against them?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Presumably you also agree that the Governments of North Korea, Iran, Cuba, China and Somalia all have the duty to execute civilian protesters who throw stones against them?

They don't have a duty to but they should have the right. If anyone is trying to seriously injure you, you have a right to self-defence. It's a basic human right. Private citizens should have the right too like in America.

Throw rocks at men with rifles, get shot. It might not be the best PR but it's a perfectly reasonable response.

Should I be able to come round your house and protest your post by throwing rocks and bottles at your head??

HOLA446

You wouldn't think 60s/70s USA was tynannical, but do others have the right to believe they were?

They can believe whatever they want but it has to be supported in reality by some sort of deep infringement of the bill of rights that can't be addressed through the legal system.

It's not what people believe, it's what the constitution says. America was never set up as a democracy, it's a constitutional REPUBLIC.

HOLA447
HOLA448

They can believe whatever they want but it has to be supported in reality by some sort of deep infringement of the bill of rights that can't be addressed through the legal system.

It's not what people believe, it's what the constitution says. America was never set up as a democracy, it's a constitutional REPUBLIC.

As I've said before a100 times (mainly to Americans), a constitutional republic can quite easily be a democracy too - it all depends what's in the constitution.

In American's case, the constitution determined that it was set up as a representative democracy.

However, the constitution could have stated that it is a direct democracy with a overarching bill of rights.

In reality, the consitutional rights of certain people were being infringed in the 60s (e.g. blacks) - although to be fair, the US constitution originally determined that blacks (slaves) were 2/3 of a human being.

HOLA449

As I've said before a100 times (mainly to Americans), a constitutional republic can quite easily be a democracy too - it all depends what's in the constitution.

In American's case, the constitution determined that it was set up as a representative democracy.

However, the constitution could have stated that it is a direct democracy with a overarching bill of rights.

In reality, the consitutional rights of certain people were being infringed in the 60s (e.g. blacks) - although to be fair, the US constitution originally determined that blacks (slaves) were 2/3 of a human being.

Sorry, i mean that the US Consitution (and Bill of Rights) specifically counted slaves as three fifths of a human being.

HOLA4410

Yep - there clearly was zero evidence of anything they planned that was illegal. So it was an arrest for a thought crime. I think anyone who has not read 1984 should do so. The similarities are frightening.

And as I type this I have the TV on and Blair is on spouting his usual sociopathic double speak. Scary times.

The EDL was set up by MI5 to act as a honeytrap for nationalists. They rope them in, then arrest them on masse where they can take their DNA, prints, details, etc. This way they have a database to keep an eye on and readily round up into camps when things in this country reach tipping point.

HOLA4411

The EDL was set up by MI5 to act as a honeytrap for nationalists. They rope them in, then arrest them on masse where they can take their DNA, prints, details, etc. This way they have a database to keep an eye on and readily round up into camps when things in this country reach tipping point.

Other than the bankers and the royal family, is there anyone who won't be rounded up into camps when things reach tipping point?

HOLA4412

Eco criminals must be taught the error of their ways - if you let them get away with dropping a cigarette end, pretty soon they'll be doing illegal logging in the Amazon rainforest! :rolleyes:

Does everything need to be sponsored these days?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Plan to get rid of need for corroborated evidence in Scotland.

BBC

Again - it is linked to sexual crimes against woman. I think the massive drive to get more convictions for this sort of thing is really leading us down a very dangerous road.

HOLA4416

They don't have a duty to but they should have the right. If anyone is trying to seriously injure you, you have a right to self-defence. It's a basic human right. Private citizens should have the right too like in America.

Throw rocks at men with rifles, get shot. It might not be the best PR but it's a perfectly reasonable response.

Should I be able to come round your house and protest your post by throwing rocks and bottles at your head??

kraft, if the tea-partyers are holding a peaceful demonstration (against higher taxes) or the NRA doing the same (protesting big government's assault on their right to bear arms) - and a couple of people in the demonstrations (maybe infiltrators) hurl stones at the police, does that give the police the right to open fire indiscriminately at the tea-party/NRA crowd?

HOLA4417

kraft, if the tea-partyers are holding a peaceful demonstration (against higher taxes) or the NRA doing the same (protesting big government's assault on their right to bear arms) - and a couple of people in the demonstrations (maybe infiltrators) hurl stones at the police, does that give the police the right to open fire indiscriminately at the tea-party/NRA crowd?

They would have the crap beat out of them by fellow protesters in very shot order. But yes if the crowd displayed a real threat to your safety and you feel you may be overwhelmed, then yeah shoot away.

I know if I was Keith Blakelock I would have done so if I was armed.

I doubt it would ever happen though because they don't go right up in the cop's face agitating them. They peaceably stay back. I don't think you'll find a picture or video where they are screaming at police or pushing police lines like the OWS.

You can just tell the feeling of intimidation the cops must be feeling in some of those OWS vids. They are acting quite restrained actually. Things can go south very quick when you're dealing with mob mentality.

HOLA4418

They would have the crap beat out of them by fellow protesters in very shot order. But yes if the crowd displayed a real threat to your safety and you feel you may be overwhelmed, then yeah shoot away.

I know if I was Keith Blakelock I would have done so if I was armed.

I doubt it would ever happen though because they don't go right up in the cop's face agitating them. They peaceably stay back. I don't think you'll find a picture or video where they are screaming at police or pushing police lines like the OWS.

You can just tell the feeling of intimidation the cops must be feeling in some of those OWS vids. They are acting quite restrained actually. Things can go south very quick when you're dealing with mob mentality.

What if the crowd didn't display a real threat to Big Government's police's safety? Still alright for Big Government police to shoot?

Note: you are now advocating indiscriminate shooting of NRA /tea-party people by Big Government merely for being in a crowd, whether or not they are the ones throwing stones or causing any disturbance - all Big Government have to do to absolve themselves of any blame in any massacre is claim that they felt under threat.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Archived