House Price Crash Forum
Tricksy

Bankers-And-Property-Developers-Only

Any questions just ask but BE WARNED, the sender of the next "I've been looking for one of these for months (you liar) and really want it but your price is completely unreasonable and I can't afford it, so would you take £39,000.00 off the price just for me, close the auction early" type email will not get a reply, but they will be tracked down and thrown in the back of a sound-proofed van for an hour with my sons mother. And may your god have mercy on your soul!
]

Love the foot note ha ha ha

On a serious note I doubt any bankers/developers are that human that they might even feel sorry for him. Good find though! :D

I lost sympathy for the guy the minute he revealed his own spivy profession, does he really blame the bankers and property developers for his £40k debt? Struth.

It sounds like the guy needs some therapy.

Of that £40k bebt, he must have blew over £2k on a push bike.

Yup, you read it right, £40,000.00

(Nearly 3000 page views, 80 watchers, loads of emails saying "I hope someone buys it", 2 emails with the phone number for the Samaritans, an angry one from a bloke who couldn't spell what he thought I was and one offer of £200 for the bike - I had no idea going bankrupt would be so entertaining!)

12 months ago I would have had maybe a hundred people watching the auction that just finished for this bike (it finished without a single bid on a give-away £1850 start price). I would have had offers within minutes and would almost certainly have sold it for over £2500.00. It seems that ebayers no longer have any money and are scared of spending any, which I totally understand as I'm only selling everything I own because I'm nearly out of cash, nearly homeless, very in debt and only a 'Happy-Meal' away from bankruptcy.

So why does no-one have any money? Maybe because the bankers and property developers who did very well in the 'good times' are - like most people who already have too much money - the ones who pull their purse strings in tightest when times are not so good. Result, money stops circulating - from the top down. People lose their jobs, go broke, stop buying stuff on ebay and lose their homes, and the people who did best in the good times emerge at the other end with their savings intact wondering why all the sandwich bars near their office have mysteriously closed down.

All of which got me thinking, since some of the bankers, traders and property developers I've met could lose £40k on a single deal before breakfast and not have it spoil their day, I was kind of hoping someone like them might see this as a way to re-circulate some of the money that the rest of us are paying for with the interest on our debts and buy my bike! Indirectly, the full £40k will go back into the system and save the ordinary taxpayer because, if I go bankrupt, the remaining taxpayers will be directly and indirectly picking up the tab for £40k that the nice men at the tax office/bank/credit card will be rubbing off what I owe them, and the bill will go back to all the other poor sods with enough problems of their own while I go into hibernation until it's all over!

All I've done for 13-years is work my nuts off building a reputation as the best therapist in London whilst earning less than a trainee manager at your local 'Prat-for-a-Manager' coffee shop, helping hundreds of people get their lives back where no-one else could and helping a growing number of cyclists ride faster than they ever thought possible. Now a lot of people can't afford to see me for treatment and no one can afford to buy my possessions on ebay, both of which have made a huge contribution to my rather nasty personal debt of - you guessed it - £40k.

So, if it would make your day to keep me working helping everyone else and re-circulate some of the profit you're still making at everyone else's expense, buy my bike! A minor pre-breakfast blip that you wouldn't even notice for you, a whole new life for me and £40k less for everyone else to pay in tax.

If you're looking for a 'his-and-hers' purchase, we're trying to sell my girlfriends bike so I'll throw hers in too! And if you don't actually need the bike, just pay for it and I'll donate it to someone who can't afford it but would love to have it, with your compliments. In a fair world etc etc . . .

Go on, you know you want to!

If you're not a banker or a property developer but know any with a good sense of humour, send them a link to this auction, maybe they'd have a good laugh too. Thanks for reading

I've taken the text about the bike out now as I'm sure most of the 2700+ people who've had a look aren't actually interested in the bike. But if you are, let me know and I'll send you the full spec, the photos do a good job.

more: . .

I could carry on ranting about the distinction/relationship between interest, profit, investment, greed and suffering for a long time but I think I'm up against most peoples boredom threshold already so, suffice that you rarely get one without the other. Starts to make you kind of angry when all you see in London is adverts saying "Get more profit with us". Parasites!

:blink:

Edited by rantnrave

This guy is a f*ckwit, a wonderful example of the its not my fault mentality that prevails in modern Britain.

Sorry mate its not the bankers & property developers fault that you're £40k in debt you're the one that's responsible. You've spent more than you can earn as a therapist take some personal responsibility for f*cks sake.

I lost sympathy for the guy the minute he revealed his own spivy profession, does he really blame the bankers and property developers for his £40k debt? Struth.

Agree on the main point but what's so spivvy about being a therapist of some sort? And being a cycling coach is positively saintly in my book too!

It sounds like the guy needs some therapy.

Of that £40k bebt, he must have blew over £2k on a push bike.

He spent way over £2K on it. He spent thousands of pounds more on upgrading it with flashy fancy parts. Obviously the bankers fault for how he chose to spend what they allowed him to borrow.

12 months ago I would have had maybe a hundred people watching the auction that just finished for this bike (it finished without a single bid on a give-away £1850 start price). I would have had offers within minutes and would almost certainly have sold it for over £2500.00. It seems that ebayers no longer have any money and are scared of spending any, which I totally understand as I'm only selling everything I own because I'm nearly out of cash, nearly homeless, very in debt and only a 'Happy-Meal' away from bankruptcy.

Now on a new listing he doesn't have a single bid with his new starting price of £1,250.00 and the auction ending in 1 day and 11 hours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yeti-ARC-Hardtail-Mtb-extralight-stunning-bike-monster-spec/250965012698?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=33503&cmd=ViewItem

I've just stubbed my toe. Think that was the 'bankers' fault too.

Maybe he should see a therapist?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174068

I like his moxy. And he has a point.

Yorky271171

I read with interest your comments berrating bankers and investors alike. As amusing your uneducated rant was, I would love to interject a little and contribute towards your adgenda somewhat. For the past 15 years I have worked tirelessly for Barclays PLC as an investments and projections analyist. In that time I have probably netted a small fortune of certainly no less than 21,000,000 £ sterling. As my salary represents bonuses earned on the back of profits, I have also made barclays PLC at least £600,000,000. Since the minimum taxation liability they contributed would be £240,000,000 I would summise that this is considerably more than you have given to the HM treasury. If these salaries were not available to persons like myself, then we would simply relocate to the many employers around the globe who, on a daily basis beg for our talents, and contribute to their economy. If however you feel that these figures still justify your ignorant rantings carry on with futility

Whereas this guy is wearing blinkers, believes he is intelligent enough to justify this obscene money, and should read and understand the neo classical economist David Ricardo's law on taxation. You'd think he would be intelligent enough to just shut the f@ck up and continue his theft, but no. Such an ego has to rub it in the faces of the have nots.

Anyone got a noose handy?

Scam artist. Nothing more than that.

Britains top earners pay around £1.25 million in tax over the course of their lifetimes.

Five times more than the lowest income families [who live in rented shitholes]

But the progressive taxation system pays it all back to the richest via capital gains in Land and other investments, and tax loopholes.

the poorest fund the richest in our society. Been like that for centuries.

The real reason investment vehicles operate out of the UK is uncapped leverage, no regulation, zero sum reserve banking, the UK is one giant hedge fund.

http://www.zerohedge...ks-950-debt-gdp

These people should not be allowed to move to another country. They should be stripped of everything and held accountable.

Unfortunately the Financial Services Industry owns the political class to the detriment of every person in the UK.

Edited by Milton