House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Serious Shock To European Banking System

Paul Mason reporting tonight that a second banking crisis is about to happen, politicians left it too late.

I get the feeling that they lined up the guests yesterday when the world was falling apart... but today has been a nothingburger.

I get the feeling that they lined up the guests yesterday when the world was falling apart... but today has been a nothingburger.

Strange isn't it?

I wonder what happened. It's almost like someone is monetizing EU state debt.

But that's crazy talk.

BBC iPlayer link

BBC correspondent's implied solution: Printy, printy. After all, it's worked so well up to now.

In avoiding the necessary correction, it's been hugely successful so far.... However it's magic is waning and ultimately it will fail especially when it goes full Weimar and starts covering the loss in tax receipts to cover spending.

I watched this on news night, phew were saying the Germans didn't want to print because they had seen what happens when you do. I was waiting for the, hang on a minute moment when the over paid public sector government mouth piece would say...hang on a minute, isn't that what the crazy people here are doing...but it never came. Its was like they were briefed to push the agenda that printing was needed and printing was good !

I watched this on news night, phew were saying the Germans didn't want to print because they had seen what happens when you do. I was waiting for the, hang on a minute moment when the over paid public sector government mouth piece would say...hang on a minute, isn't that what the crazy people here are doing...but it never came. Its was like they were briefed to push the agenda that printing was needed and printing was good !

FIAT MONEY INFLATION IN FRANCE

Excellent just like in the 1790's France, everyone got on the printy printy wagon there too. Of course printing is good it's free easy money, done by responsible people who know what they are doing. The idea that they are nothing more than a crack/heroin dealer giving away free drugs that will kill off all commerce is beyond them. Because they aren't irresponsible idiots even though there very actions clearly indicate they are irresponsible idiots.

FIAT MONEY INFLATION IN FRANCE

Excellent just like in the 1790's France, everyone got on the printy printy wagon there too. Of course printing is good it's free easy money, done by responsible people who know what they are doing. The idea that they are nothing more than a crack/heroin dealer giving away free drugs that will kill off all commerce is beyond them. Because they aren't irresponsible idiots even though there very actions clearly indicate they are irresponsible idiots.

I could have done with that link a few weeks back, would have saved me buying it! I've now got to cut my weekend budget by another fiver.

Just bought "When Money Dies" by Adam Ferguson - the classic account of the Weimar hyperinflation - last night. Already quarter of the way through. Excellent book and *very* scary when one sees the parallels between then and now. (It's also a mere £1.99 if you buy the kindle version through Amazon - woohoo!)

Might be worth planting some spuds, if you know what I mean.

Just bought "When Money Dies" by Adam Ferguson - the classic account of the Weimar hyperinflation - last night. Already quarter of the way through. Excellent book and *very* scary when one sees the parallels between then and now. (It's also a mere £1.99 if you buy the kindle version through Amazon - woohoo!)

Excellent, just downloaded it. Thanks, a bit of light and cheery reading for the weekend!

the reason printy printy seems right, is that they are tackling the wrong problem.

they are convinced there is a shortage of money....which is a symptom of.....too many promises made by people that cant pay because they produce no wealth to cover the tokens they expect to be added by monetisation.

Issuing bonds upon bonds and then adding derivatives on top of those, all based on a guy paying a mortgage on £137.000 and 2% interest.

There is only 1 loan for £137,000, but the bankers managed to securitise, monetise and multiply this x fold.

BBC implication: "Those crazy Germans are living in the past. This time it's different!".

You can't really expect anything different from them. If you are still caught up in the magical ponzi thinking, by definition, your understanding of economics is immature. (That is, not fully cognisant of long term consequences.)

The enlightenment you seek is here:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=171616

How many people in the BBC and who appear as talking heads on these programmes are up to their necks in debt.

Deflation would wipe 'em out.

Free PDF of it here ! http://www.goldonomic.com/When%20Money%20Dies.pdf

Edited by Alba

Thanks for the link. I would have bought it anyway on the strength of the prologue. Fascinating stuff.

In October 1923 it was noted in the British Embassy in Berlin that the number of marks to the pound equalled the number of yards to the sun.

And it makes a great point too:

This is, I believe, a moral tale. It goes far to prove the revolutionary axiom that if you wish to destroy a nation you must corrupt its currency. Thus must sound money be the first bastion of a society's defence.